It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official: America is now No. 2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Meh, who cares? 4x as many people in China. When their economy gets closer to 4x the US economy, then we can tilt our collective snoots down. Until then... "Oh Jeeves, bringeth the Greg Poupon!"

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Not really.

Well, not quite. Or at least not yet. As some pundits have pointed out, the IMF isn’t using the conventional measure of the value of goods and services the China produces, otherwise known as gross domestic product, or GDP. By that measure, the good ol’ U.S.A. still makes way more dollars worth of stuff than China does — though that lead is deteriorating.

Link

Makes way more dollars of "stuff"

Is expensive healthcare, real estate, Food...you know the things they could not outsource as part of the more dollars of stuff part of that?

In India for example, the they may not make much but their rent and food is a lot cheaper there than here.

edit on 5-12-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle

#2 Once President Obama is gone and we get a Republican President, you will see a move to cut the corporate tax rate from 40% (highest in the world) to 20-25%. This will be like throwing gasoline on a fire, and with the combination of lower taxes, and cheap energy the American Economy will take off.

America give the right leadership will rise. We may be down now, we've been her before. But we will rise once more. Count on it.

Your post made me chuckle.

Get rid of Obama and everything will be right as rain.

Pay no attention to the Corporate and Banking Lobbyists that sold us out to Communist China for more profits and you are saying that is going to change with a "Republican President" What is your take on the TPP drafted by unelected Corporate Head Honches?

The problem in this country is that our government is not being run within the dictates of the Constitution where the economic and general welfare for all in the nation is not being considered. Instead, the focus is on pumping up the stock market, CEO bonuses and Investor dividends. That is fine in the private sector but that is not how our government for all people and by the people is supposed to be run. Corporations and Banks in this country have turned our government into a fascist money making machine all for the top elite at the citizens expense and they need to be Thrown Out!

Insurance and Healthcare Bailouts, Bank Bail Outs, GM Bailouts are all systems of the disease called Corporate Fascism

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

True enough the decline began MANY years ago leading all the way back to T. Roosevelt, and the 'ending' of monpolies, and antitrusts.

By ending the monopolies that opened the way for new business's to be created and to also lower prices through competition. I thought you capitalist loved competition. Or are you against the free market. Also when one person controls everything they can control the flow of goods and drive the prices sky high whenever they want.

Going forward to the Frank Dodd ACt

After the Frank Dodd act was started fewer banks went under than before it started. So you support getting rid of a law that helps companies to keep from going broke.

How the EFF does communist china have a better business environment than so called 'capitalist' America?

China doesn't have a better business environment they have an environment where workers have no rights and can be worked like slaves. You sound like Romney slavery can be a good thing as long as you are making the profit from it.

So CLinton signed NAFTA in to LAW, but it's Reagans 'fault'.

Your knowledge of history is lacking. Reagan laid the groundwork Bush sr. signed it then Clinton finalized it. So yes it is the gippers fault.

That was effing hilarious. What the hell do people think; Wheres my job at ? Wheres my living wage at ? Where's my free home ? Wheres my free healthcare?

Where's my tax shelter?
Why should I pay the same amount in taxes as a person that actually works for a living?
Why shouldn't I be able to move my companies headquarters overseas for a couple of months to get out of paying taxes but
I still should be able to call myself an American company.

Run business out of this country, strangle business in this country.

No one run Business's out of this country it was an idiot Republican President that offered them tax breaks to move out is what strangled this country.

But hey 'Reagans' to blame.

Yes his voodoo economics is the reason for a lot of bad that has happened to this country.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Lagrimas
a reply to: Spider879
So India is 4th most prisoners but first least prisoners. Yr tables are a load of crop

Not really as the "land of the free" still has the worlds biggest prison pop no matter were you look

I have seen on many occasions certain proponents of the get Rid of Regulations and Expand Economic Freedoms (Exploitation here and abroad) curiously enough have no problem with regulations for the citizens and in taking their freedoms away, especially when there is a monetary interest involved.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

Because if you want something done, the proper way to do it is not via Real Freedom of Speech, but by $$Freedom of Speech$$ by buying politicians right?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I'm so happy we are not #1 anymore !!

I hope this trend continues and America falls further down the list. That's the only way up wake to politicians up and cause them to do whats right for this country instead of being the corrupt jackarses they are.

What is happening is the only way for the Corporate and Banking Lobbyists to reap the consequences of their policies that they have passed on to politicians in order to see what is in it.

Otherwise, they have no skin in the game nor personal consequences from their disastrous policies.
Unfortunately, the whole country has to suffer because of it

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: buster2010

The nation started going downhill years before that dope was installed.

I remember in the 70's how part of our industry was transferred to Japan for greater investor profits and the economy went into a recession as a result. Japan has a small population and the results were not as long term.

Lets try this again with a population of 1 billion + so that the Corporate and Banking class can reap the benefits over the well being of this nation against the dictates of the constitution and people are surprised from the results?

As long as lobbyists call the shots, it will not matter one iota who gets 'put' in power. Blaming the puppets allows the financial terrorists free rein to avoid skin in the game and the ability to do as they please.

Does anyone realize the trade deficit we have going with China? China protects their economy via tarriffs while we do no such thing. If you want to buy a box of fruit loops in China it will set you back 15 bucks. Are markets are full of their junk while they buy very little from us.

We have been sold down the river by corporate and banking greed

edit on 6-12-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
America has been doing it for 70 years with a third or less the population and without child slave labor.

I agree with criticalhit. America will bounce back, we are just taking a breather. We are still in a good position, let China exhaust itself then we can step in once again. Also, since China is now number 1 maybe they can start doing the things number 1 does in this world. Let the Chinese donate countless billions to refugees in the world. Send China to protect Africans from each other. This is something China could not maintain like how America.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Meanwhile, America continues to suck the bottom of the barrel on education. But never fear....we have the most rich people in the world. So all the plebes can live vicariously through the wealthy while claiming they are from the worlds wealthiest nation.

LOL...so American. We don't care how dumb someone is, only how much money they have. Its the only explanation I have for Kanye still being famous.

All that matters in this nation is Investor and Corporate Profits at the Government Level. Everyone else is expendable.
I am pretty sure the founding fathers meant for this nation to be a government for all people.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Absolutely.

And countries like America love cheap labor, so they create the economic conditions where some nations are poor. This creates cheap labor.

History is the world in flux. It's constantly changing. 10, 15 years from now we might be "number 1" again, maybe another number.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Our constant need for convenience and comfort led us to exploit other nations for cheaper goods, thus some are now able to rise up. How does that have nothing to do with the topic?

The truth hurts and Americans are no longer "number one". Wah, big deal but a lazy population more focused on the game and getting home to sit on the couch means a population that will not maintain it's perceived superiority.

The thing is, the ones that sold us out and moved to China, not to sell to the Chinese, but to sell right back to us. What would happen if enough people got fed up and said, if you want to live in China, then sell your $150 Iphones to your Chinese that make a dollar an hour? It would collapses their scheme.

American's are still their biggest customer

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The people who control the leaders sold us out, not the ones who moved to China.

We'll bounce back one day with a "stronger economy" and workforce. Stuff always changes.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

How the EFF does communist china have a better business environment than so called 'capitalist' America?

I hope you realize that China operates on a Communist Market where the workers have no rights. The Chinese government owns 80% of the market. Look up SOE = State Owned Enterprises in China.

I can see where profits trump Freedom in your view.

Would you be all for the US Government forcefully uprooting citizens to make way for Big Business? That is Communism for you.

www.nytimes.com...

China’s Great Uprooting: Moving 250 Million Into Cities

BEIJING — China is pushing ahead with a sweeping plan to move 250 million rural residents into newly constructed towns and cities over the next dozen years — a transformative event that could set off a new wave of growth or saddle the country with problems for generations to come.

edit on 6-12-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The people who control the leaders sold us out, not the ones who moved to China.

We'll bounce back one day with a "stronger economy" and workforce. Stuff always changes.

When consumers buy from companies and are not happy, we blame the consumers for their decisions and for keeping the companies in business.

Politicians sell influence and yet we are not allowed to blame the Corporate and Banking Lobbyists that are buying influence?

Seems like a double standard to me.

The Trans Pacific Partnership is even worse where politicians were not even part of the loop.
Unelected Corporate Executives drafting policies that effect everyone in this nation.

Letting any entity have to much power is never a good thing. Government, Corporations, Banks and so on.
There are Multinational Corporations and Central Banks in this world that have way to much power. So much power that they are able to purchase our government from us. They need to be broken up.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Commonlaw
a reply to: coldkidc

What I have been saying for a long time. Want to live a middle class life the way your parents used to? You have to move to China. America no longer offers that option.

Well except that about 800 million Chinese live on 30 bucks a month, have fun with that....

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I would still buy "Made in the USA" before i buy Chinese junk regardless of cost. Wake up America and start producing your own # again. we the people demand it. well, i do.
edit on 6-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

True. But, where are the replacement parts made for those toys now?

I'm kind've surprised it has taken this long for China to take that economical lead. I think it's only the beginning, although I'm also in the band that believes the U.S. has been dead for quite awhile now. We're certainly nowhere near the country of freedom and liberty that we were 10 years ago much less when we were founded.

And speaking of founded, China has had that card since BC, which people seem to forget. We don't know half of what they have hidden in their hills, not counting the billion people. We're playing a game that they've been playing a very long time and have the biggest bankroll to throw around in terms of power. And that's not even counting this economical lead. They're already investing in our land and businesses quite heavily.

Here, we deal with a million issues and more infighting than can be comprehended. There, the foundation and teamwork is much more solid and they have had centuries to master the slow and steady pace of winning.

While we might see some back and forth of this economic lead in the coming years, in the long run we've already lost the race.

edit on 6-12-2014 by gottaknow because: added liberty to sentence.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: James1970

You have a source you can post about India?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Look at page two.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join