It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official: America is now No. 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Remove all the trickery and smoke and mirrors and the Chinese economy isn't half as powerful..

How bout them ghost cities? Let's take that out of the equation.

How bout the fact that on 2015 China isn't going to be the 98% supplier of rare earth elements like it has been for the last couple of years. That should take a notch out of the Chinese gdp.

What we are seeing is more the normalization of the world economy rather than the meteoric rise of China.

America has held her ground around 27% of world gdp for the last 70 years or so and as long as our youth doesn't bomb too hard we will probably keep holding around there. China on the other hand.... Is a bubble on a bubble on a bubble on a bubble on a bubble...

Not to mention that China is surrounded by enemies.. Great tensions with Russia and India and Japan and a few others. Kinda makes for tensions in the daily grind.. Slows down progress a bit...

China is definitely a peer state to the United states.. But don't get too depressed they aren't the new global master rulers or anything,. They are on just as thin of ice as the rest of the world... If fact their stakes are higher then any where else... 1.6 billion people standing on the thin ice..

We are at the precipice of either the worlds most astonishing humanitarian disaster OR the most complicated waltz of world history coming to fruition in a jointly organized world... Hell of a coin toss

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

A Republican President isn't gonna change a thing and neither will a democrat as we can already see. I think we just need to make incentives to keep jobs in America. I'm not an economist so I could be way off, but everyone knows a different president is not the solution.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagrimas
a reply to: Spider879
So India is 4th most prisoners but first least prisoners. Yr tables are a load of crop

Not really as the "land of the free" still has the worlds biggest prison pop no matter were you look

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
with a population that triples ours, i am not surprised. The primary difference, for the time being, will continue to be Operation Paperclip. We have military superiority bolstered by German ingenuity from WWII.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

I would say police getting off scot free after STRANGLING a unarmed man to death and then being PICTURED AND VIDEOED smiling and waving after next to the body JUSTIFYS FREAKING PROTESTS!

How can you be "the land of the Free" and be any sort of symbol of freedom and fair government when police can summary execute people without trial or due process?
edit on 5-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The US is playing the Ukraine card right now. The US seam to be pussing for a cold war in Europe.

But this time neither the US or Europe is suited to play out a New Cold war senario With the east. Russia have way to good relations With China. Europe is broke ans so are the US. The midle east is a big mess which the US cant controll right now. And the US are spending to much time and Money on the conflict which at the moment is not going anywhere good. The US dont have the founds to do much.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

One of the reasons the US is falling behind is because dumbass hyperbole, finger pointing and scapegoating has replaced logic, critical thinking and the ability to reason.

edit on 5-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
China is communist dictatorship that keeps 2 sets of books. Who even let them play?

Peoples Republic?? How so? Why don't we trade with Burma if we set the bar so low that China is allowed at the table?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Commonlaw

What I have been saying for a long time. Want to live a middle class life the way your parents used to? You have to move to China. America no longer offers that option.

LOL LOL

send me a postcard.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It's kind of a hard to be competitive when the jobs they could have been working at has been moved overseas so companies that were already making great profits could make even more profits.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

One of the reasons the US is falling behind is because dumbass hyperbole, finger pointing and scapegoating has replaced logic, critical thinking and the ability to reason.

The reason why America fell behind is because we stopped investing in our future. We cut funding to the Dept of Education then allow higher education to be priced so high that the average American simply can afford to go to college. Now other countries that offer these things to their citizens will keep pulling ahead while we keep falling behind because profit is more important than anything else including our people.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What do people expect with 6 years of 'hope, and change'.

Wit the most unfriendly business environment in the world ?

There was only one outcome.

Capitialism is all about exceptionalism.

We were number one with just under 350 million people.

China is number one now with over 1 billion plus

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm so happy we are not #1 anymore !!

I hope this trend continues and America falls further down the list. That's the only way up wake to politicians up and cause them to do whats right for this country instead of being the corrupt jackarses they are.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

America will continue to fall unless everything that has come about in the past few decades is reversed(immigration, etc).

It doesn't matter who is in charge when America's problem is internal and continues to get worse.

America is as good as dead.Intentional too.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I believe it. An older buddy of mine that I graduated college with was struggling in America and even went on to surpass me and pursued more education and qualifications.

He ended up moving to China to become an English teacher and has been emailing me about his journey. It's not something I would consider great, but he says it's a lot better than America.

I forgot what part of China he is residing in, but apparently he is thriving in China and living upper-middle class compared to how he was doing here. Also he is not slaving 40+ hours a week and found him a nice Asian woman (lol). Says he works about 4 hours a day. Lets go America, #2!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Apparently everyone forgets that we absorbed their technology. China may be on top but the US still has some neat, real nasty toys they're just waiting to dust off.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The difference was only a couple of hundred billion.

Hell all they have to do is abolish the income tax,and no one could touch us.

But fat chance that is ever going to happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ok,not surprised so what do you want to do about it?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The difference was only a couple of hundred billion.

Hell all they have to do is abolish the income tax,and no one could touch us.

But fat chance that is ever going to happen.

That has zero effect. You simply go from the government spending that money to the people, it's still the same amount of money spent (less if people save it). Reducing taxes doesn't increase the size of the economy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join