It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official: America is now No. 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Commonlaw
a reply to: coldkidc

What I have been saying for a long time. Want to live a middle class life the way your parents used to? You have to move to China. America no longer offers that option.

I can just imagine that...

And then once those people have move over there they will rant on incessantly about the fact that the Chinese only speak Chinese and do not cater for them????

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: Commonlaw

What I have been saying for a long time. Want to live a middle class life the way your parents used to? You have to move to China. America no longer offers that option.

I can just imagine that...

And then once those people have move over there they will rant on incessantly about the fact that the Chinese only speak Chinese and do not cater for them????

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I wonder how well the average Brit would integrate?

Thing is, if the US are anything like the UK then none of the general population have the balls to leave their own city let alone go to a whole new country for work!

"They eat chicken feet and everything!" Said Dave as he munched on his Findus lasagne.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
China has its share of problems. Hong Kong, weakening Economy (totally dependant on imports), and over 1 billion mouths to feed. Plus the Communists Party is having trouble keep things under control. They are in worse shape debt wise than the United States is. They have fueled their growth rate by borrowing lots and lots of money. If you think the American Financial system is a wreck, its got nothing on China's.

Enjoy First place while you can!

America is poised to make a comeback with the right leadership.

#1 America is now the world's largest energy producer, and our potential to grow is exponential. As technology makes fracking cheaper and cheaper we can produce more and more, taking power away from OPEC, Russia, Venezuela (XL pipeline will doom these bastards), Iran, (basicly everyone that has it in for the United States). Price are falling and its hurting them more than US.

#2 Once President Obama is gone and we get a Republican President, you will see a move to cut the corporate tax rate from 40% (highest in the world) to 20-25%. This will be like throwing gasoline on a fire, and with the combination of lower taxes, and cheap energy the American Economy will take off.

America give the right leadership will rise. We may be down now, we've been her before. But we will rise once more. Count on it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

I didn't think it mattered who was President? I thought it was the global corporations making the decisions?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Technological progress could be something to keep in mind, as far as that goes, things are still moving forward. HTC I think it was, is releasing a smart phone that is within reach for a lot of consumers in India. Google with ideas about providing internet access to areas of the world where it hasn't been available. No one on either side really is going to want to have that sort of exchange curtailed.

edit on 12/5/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm not too concerned with China, with corporate borrowing at $15 Trillion, they could collapse just as easily as the USA. (from one of the many news blogs I get updates every day)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Just trying to help

Look at it this way we know where we are in the grand scheme of things perhaps it's time we do away with the American Idea of Empire,rethink how we go about our own internal affairs and how we deal with the world in a global level, China did not get where they are by having bases all over the globe,they simply asked..hey can we do business how much do you want for your stuff..no we don't care what you do with your money you are not a child,if you use it for the betterment of your people we don't care if you spend it all on expensive hookers and drugs we don't care all we ask in return is not to care how we spend our money.
Understand that while the U.S slips the West in general is slipping,the East and the south is rising fast,
Africa 2050: Economic revolution
www.global-briefing.org...
The old way of going about things is not coming back adapt or get left behind

America especially could have made a better impact than their Euro counter part because we didn't have a nasty history of colonization, the slavery thing is mostly an American concern,for most Africans it was a bump on the road, but we followed Euros with their paternalism giving AID instead of Trade and so China without that history got to benefit,some one mentioned India already so I won't go into that but yes they are coming up to bat next.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I believe the EU has (and will have for a while) the highest GDP. So, America was #2 already and perhaps they simply dropped to third place. Of course, formally the EU is not a 'country', but acutally, America is also a union of states, so..

Anyway. The worrying part is that somebody thinks this is some kind of contest that can be 'won'. It's like holding a pissing contest: you'll end up with the winner being the one that caused most of the stench.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Anyone could see that America has been Number Two's for quite a while...

Not a huge shock, we've had the stone age, iron age, industrial age and now we're in the sellout age.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
So India is 4th most prisoners but first least prisoners. Yr tables are a load of crop

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It's a pointless comparison. The important figure is the nominal per-capita. I'm sure some people will get whipped up into a frenzy about this though. If you compare per capita then the US lies 9th and china is way way down at 82.

The very intersting thing about the per capita is how wealthy the high taxation high welfare nordic countries are. They are also at the top on the happiness index as well!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagrimas

This does not mean the graphs are wrong.

The most prisons possible illustrates the total number of prisoners. Just number-wise, not per capita. China and India both have very large population, which means that when it comes to prisoners, they also have the most.

Although when per capita prisoners are taken into account, then at least India is the lowest in the world.

Just an example to illustrate my point. Country A with 100m population has 1m prisoners, while country with 1m population has 20k prisoners.

When it comes to statistics number-wise, country A leads the stats. 1m>20k.
When it comes to statistics per capita, far better stats to illustrate something, then country B leads. 2 out of 100 (B) vs 1 out of 100 (A).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
China was in `06 already more as twice as big...

China’s Economy Surpassed U.S. … a Long Time Ago

Source

So it`s no wonder countries in the Pacific didn`t go along with the TPP and have chosen for China.

TPP was for US dominance in the Pacific and to isolate China, hence China wasn`t asked for it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
THANKS OBAMA! And while we are at it...lets add millions of illegals to the in-a-coma economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the laughs Jupiter.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

So much for the prediction that China was to be the leading economy by 2020. I guess they arrived early.

Well technically it came true. BY 2020 also means no later than.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
THANKS OBAMA! And while we are at it...lets add millions of illegals to the in-a-coma economy.

You realize that we never stood a chance against China no matter what Obama does or doesn't do right? They have WAY more people over there. It was just inevitable.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, considering the fiscal responsibility of (at least) the last two presidents and their congresses, are you surprised?

But I'm okay with not being number one--being first doesn't always mean you're the best.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Today they are number 2 for economy, a few days ago a study came out showing the amount of freedom different countries have and america was number 21 on the list..

It is not a good week for america.

But hey Canada was ranked 5th in the world for freedom

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

So.. really?? I mean, REALLY? Do Americans really believe that what just ONE man does determines the fate of all Americans? Oh, come on, the guy is just the President...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join