It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really that rainy in Seattle? The honest answers to odd and obscure questions thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Divinefavor

One of the longest place names in the world. Made up to attract tourists: Llanfair­pwllgwyn­gyllgo­gery­chwyrn­drobwll­llanty­silio­gogo­goch. The villagers call it Llanfairpwll. Even shorter is Llanfair.

If they're making them up then all the rest must be suspect.
This one has the letter L appearing 4 times one after the other. I wonder how they read this part; ­pwllgwy
edit on 10-12-2014 by Divinefavor because: clarity

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Actually I just had a really obscure question regarding motorbikes.

In the US (and a lot of other countries) they drive on the other side of the road, the other side of the car.

Are the controls for motorbikes different in the US and left-hand-drive countries?

In Australia the throttle/brake is on the right, clutch on the left, kind of the same as the pedals on the car. Accelerator on the right, brake centre, clutch right.

Is it the opposite in the US?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just something about ATS or forums in general that I've wanted to ask. It may fit in here since I can't start a thread.
When someone says do your own research concerning the topic being discussed, what exactly does that mean? What does
that involve? How does one do the research? Or how did you do your research?

For me it all ends at Google, and I rarely have to go beyond the results found on Wikipedia and yahoo answers search results.

For example, if somebody posts a thread here about your typical ATS topic that you find hard to believe and they tell you,
don't take my word for it, do your own research. Where do you start? Maybe you've never researched anything before or perhaps you have but the topic is something you've never heard of or it's in an area you have no experience. What do you do?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Divinefavor
Just something about ATS or forums in general that I've wanted to ask. It may fit in here since I can't start a thread.
When someone says do your own research concerning the topic being discussed, what exactly does that mean? What does
that involve? How does one do the research? Or how did you do your research?

For me it all ends at Google, and I rarely have to go beyond the results found on Wikipedia and yahoo answers search results.

For example, if somebody posts a thread here about your typical ATS topic that you find hard to believe and they tell you,
don't take my word for it, do your own research. Where do you start? Maybe you've never researched anything before or perhaps you have but the topic is something you've never heard of or it's in an area you have no experience. What do you do?

If someone makes a claim, it's entirely up to them to do the research and present it with their claim. It's not up to you to prove someone else's claim. As for whether you wish to do research and where, it depends on the topic. Anyone can post on Wikipedia so it's not authoritative. The same is true for Yahoo answers. If you find something on Google, follow the links and be sure to check the sources of those links. In order for something to be fact, it has to be backed with testable evidence. Claims are not, in themselves, facts, no matter who makes those claims.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In certain music genres like Rhythm and Blues, I'm not sure about many others as I haven't been paying attention for years; It was like people used to sing Yeah, yeah, yeah. Then it became no, no, no. What happened?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join