It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really that rainy in Seattle? The honest answers to odd and obscure questions thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So with such an international cast here at ATS, there is most likely someone who lives in almost every corner of the planet.

Ever wondered if it is really as rainy in Seattle as all the movies and media portray?

Ever wondered if kangaroos really hop down the main street of Sydney?

Ever wondered what it's really like in the Middle East?

Well, here's your chance to find out from someone with boots on the ground the burning obscure questions. Sure, you could Google the answers and have pages upon pages of statistics, but I'd rather have the truth from a native from that area right here.

So ATS, let's do away with the stereotypes and get some real information, right from the source. Have at it

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

I lived 25 miles as the crow flies from the top of Mt Rainier. Yes, it does rain that much in Seattle. However, where we were located got even more rain, and the Olympic Peninsula holds the lower 48's only rain forest. I was there the year they got 18" of rain in 36 hours, and there are YouTube videos all over of the water damage then. It's also true that when they get snow or an ice storm, mother nature has to clean up what mother nature dumped, and 6" of snow will shut down the city for a week. It's a crazy, but beautiful place to live.

I lived in the area for about 6 years and still visit regularly. Their rain pattern usually runs from October to July, then dries up for the most part until the following October.
edit on 12/4/2014 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What do other people think of my state?

What are some Oregon stereotypes?

I have lived here my hole life and have only left the state a handful of times.
So I have no clue what those answers may be lol.

What do you want to know about Oregon?

ETA: Mt. Hood as seen from Lost Lake!

edit on 12-4-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Pretty much the only thing I've heard that would come close to an Oregon stereotype would be "Bigfoot's been seen a lot out there.", I've read many reports from there but....

Have you ever known anyone who has claimed to have seen a Sasquatch?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Not personally no. Not that I recall.

I have read a lot of reports as well though and once went to one of the locations where a sighting happened. We didn't see anything.
edit on 12-4-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Mine aren't really about states/locations, but it's worth a shot at any rate.

Why do they call apartments when they are stuck together?

Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

If one goose is goose and two "goose" are geese, why aren't 2 moose.... meese?

And why is Red Reddington so damn hot?
edit on 12/5/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There's one I can answer that seems to be very common. Are New Yorkers really that pushy?

In my opinion they really aren't that pushy. Many are laid back, easy going and if they're in a rush they'll still say excuse me and sorry if they bumped into you. Might just be my perception but the only time they're in a rush is when they're driving.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 74Templar

Ever wondered if kangaroos really hop down the main street of Sydney?

No, but have seen them in the capital Canberra hopping down the streets. A few times

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
What do grits and gravey taste like.....?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

It tastes like a mix of massive coronary sprinkled with a generous portion of LDL...

I live in the south and I do not like either. Grits taste kind of like buttery sand and gravy tastes like old, thick, gelatinous grease IMO. BUT as with anything else, YMMV. Tons of folks absolutely love them both.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

To me, very bland. Unless I add a little butter. The gravy is usually very delicious. If you mean the grey gravy used for breakfasts that is.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

this is a random ? but what are the beaches like there? i imagine a lot of forest trails leading to cool secluded beaches..probably rather cold but I would imagine nice in the summer.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Do the Canadians actually say "Eh" as often as the movies lead us to believe?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I lived downtown Seattle for years and then downtown Portland for years. Funny thing is that, even though Portland's meme is hipster culture, it actually seems to rain more there than in Seattle.

The whole Pacific North West is pretty wet. It's beautiful but very, very wet.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Are there really as many crust punks in Portland as they say there are?

Kangaruex: As far as I can tell, no. I've been friends with Canadians and they all tell me they've heard it occasionally but it isn't a constant thing.

link   

which town has a better music scene portland or seattle? are parties filled with ppl playing music in seattle or is that a grunge myth?

link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Do the Canadians actually say "Eh" as often as the movies lead us to believe?

I once had a Canadian roommate. We were constantly saying "Eh?" and "Huh?" to each other.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Lol ,yes what was the best thing before sliced bread . Hmmmm . Regarding the kangaroo thing . I recently saw one dead on the side of the road not far from the city centre in Adelaide . The people who hit it (i am assuming ) were standing over it . While not common to see kangaroos in cities its something that happens from time to time . I assume they follow the streams/rivers down .

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Are there really as many crust punks in Portland as they say there are?

Yep. There's even a large crust punk culture in other areas of Oregon, as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

is kangaroo meat on par with beef as described in a recent article i read? i would assume it is more gamey(tough) like a deer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join