It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRIBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Does anybody have ever seen this NZ TV-serie called the Tribe.
The scenario is really actual because it's about a pod of youngs who escape an epidemy that kill 95% of earth population and have to restart a new society, by there own. It's a very counciousness serie, sometime a little bit boring...

What you think of it ?
Can this become real one day ?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
lol one of my mates is lex, Yeah one day this could happen, look at SARS it seems to be killing off old people more then anything else, i supose it could be modified to hit a lower age group.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I suppose its possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
...is really near what happen with SARS and another "coincidence" is that this serie is not played on French TV but on TMC (Monte-Carlo TV), a few watched TV (But I'm too suspicious)...

Almost that Sometimes, I think that such a thing happening on earth should not be so bad. It would be likle a second start : Rebuild of the earth, with trying not to commit the same errors than our ancesters...

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hmm I always thought it was population control

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
...is really near what happen with SARS and another "coincidence" is that this serie is not played on French TV but on TMC (Monte-Carlo TV), a few watched TV (But I'm too suspicious)...

Almost that Sometimes, I think that such a thing happening on earth should not be so bad. It would be likle a second start : Rebuild of the earth, with trying not to commit the same errors than our ancesters...

She wants to destroy us all.

What are you talking about???

Are you asking if a virus is capable of killing us all???

I don't really understand.

I know that you would like to see this world destroyed and I know why, but what does that have to do with this show???

Abraham

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think Nans meant a new begining from the past mistakes.
civilization is destroying the earth building weapons that could pobbily damage the planet and even testing them on the land,taking natural resources,pollution,colonizing,and killing each other.
it will be the consequence of what the human race will pay and our reward will be obliteration.
well that was what I think Nans meant.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There was a mini-series on TV a few years ago about:

China attacked Taiwan, the US government was allied with Taiwan, nukes were fired on both side. America got bombarded with nukes, china got the same.

The air had so much radiation and was carrying radiation around the Earth on the wind, killing out every sort of animal life there is, poisening food, etc.

The whole world gets wiped out by it. The last place was like Melbourne, Australia (where the series was based). And here they were handing out the pill to everyone if they want to take it and die quickly instead of having to die slowly by radiation.

Since the radiation was traveling around on the wind. Well it hadn't reached Melbourne yet, but satellite images showed a wind change and it was coming down to Melbourne to kill everyone there too.

After watching that series...the last thing i want is a nuclear war, because if you're not hit by the nukes, you gotta face a nuclear winter and all the radiation too.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
She wants to destroy us all.
What are you talking about???
Are you asking if a virus is capable of killing us all???
I don't really understand.
I know that you would like to see this world destroyed and I know why, but what does that have to do with his show???

Abraham

The tribe is TV show (Made in NZ...). But I think this scenario is possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have seen this show. And i think its possible that this could happen. But i mean, someone would survive. Because there are shelters. The only thing I really worry about is that if earth is knocked out of orbit because of nuclear attack. Because then if it was then...well you know. I just hope that nothing happens before I become successful in business enough to build things like shelters.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iownabox
The only thing I really worry about is that if earth is knocked out of orbit because of nuclear attack.

Dont worry about that : Any nuclear weapon can make the earth getting out of it's orbit. A big, big meteor maybe, but a nuclear weapon, no.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Why would the survivors be any better than we are now... and our ancestors were, in the past? My guess is that they'd have to be pretty cunning and ruthless to survive and rebuild society.

So, sorry Nans, my guess is that when you release your secret vile of bioweapons and so initiate the first step in your plan to renew civilization, that you will only create a breed of meaner, colder men

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Why would the survivors be any better than we are now... and our ancestors were, in the past? My guess is that they'd have to be pretty cunning and ruthless to survive and rebuild society.
So, sorry Nans, my guess is that when you release your secret vile of bioweapons and so initiate the first step in your plan to renew civilization, that you will only create a breed of meaner, colder men

Because they will learn from the past civilisation error. And almost, the error we are making with the world we are building... I think they will be also more able to survive and so they will be probably stronger and better... I dont think our civilisation has a chance to pass the next century. History learn us that from great destructions came new civilisation and a better world, like in Egypt at the pharao times, or like the people of babylon, sumerians...

new topics

top topics

join