It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AREA 51: THE CIA’S SECRET FILES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Word is, this new documentary is going to premier in the US on either December 7th or 9th, on the NatGeo/National Geographic channel. Not sure why it took so long, this link says it premiered in Asia on October 3rd:

www.natgeotv.com...

If anyone is interested in seeing it sooner, it IS available as a torrent for download. Not sure the policy here on ATS about torrents, if anyone wants a link to the torrent, send me a PM.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.
I found links on a warez forum, got it on the DL now.
I will let you know what i think later.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.Thank you for the heads up.Although if there are aliens at 51I doubt they'll be mentioned in this documentary.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Thanks for the OP! Downloading it now, will watch tonight. I'll post any new relevant information regarding the show or messages I thought interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If anyone has similar videos they like on youtube or wherever could you please post them here? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads-up. DL'ing it now from yet another source, which I'm sure will be news to some people.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ah....Area 51 .....I will watch it and hopefully they will actually show something. .but I'm not getting my hopes up....

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just finished watching it....was a good watch!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
Just finished watching it....was a good watch!

Me too. Nothing really new, they did discuss more about Have Doughnut than I have seen in similar documentaries. As always, nice to see the illustrious Mr. Peter Merlin (sans trademark hat) and TD Barnes.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Currently downloading, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

An update on what this show is about, about an hour into it right now. This show has nothing to do with alien aircraft of the sort, for those who may expect it to. In fact not one mention of alien air craft is mentioned at all. However it first starts out showing the defense mechanisms in place, air space restrictions and ground sensors and such. Built in 1955. The entirety of the 1st half is about the construction of the U2 and A-15, building stealth bombers and photography planes to photograph the Soviet Union. They talk about how planes were built to deceive RADAR, and then how Russia's technology was superior to the U.S. in nearly every area. Bob Lazaar is mentioned as to bringing attention to Area 51 in the 1980's by reported UFO's but really no investigation or further evidence is presented. Mainly it is about the declassification of files in 2013 about the planes built. 2013 was also the first time the Government acknowledged it actually existed.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Huh... I've known a few people that work at that base. It's really not that hard to get a job their, if you have the skills they want.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Essentially they talk about all the things that actually happened at Area 51, and none of the stuff that didn't.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Awesome. Anything made into a show about declassified files should be an entertaining thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

Bob Lazaar is mentioned as to bringing attention to Area 51 in the 1980's by reported UFO's but really no investigation or further evidence is presented.

I ALMOST bailed when the name Bob Lazar came up, but thankfully they only spent about 2 seconds on him.

And no mention of UFO's or aliens (or lizard people!)
edit on 5-12-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

The reason this show has no mention of alien (i.e., extraterrestrial) vehicles is because Area 51 had nothing to do with such things. The whole Area 51/UFO thing is just an urban legend. It's utter rubbish.

Frankly, I wish Lazar had not been mentioned at all. He has nothing to do with Area 51 beyond creating some publicity for the secret base.

The U.S. government actually acknowledged the existence of Area 51 (then known as Watertown) as early as 1955, and continued to do so for many years. The CIA actually declassified its association with Area 51 in 2010; something I noted at the time on ATS, but which was roundly ignored. This declassification finally got some widespread publicity in 2013.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Thanks for the info.
I found links on a warez forum, got it on the DL now.
I will let you know what i think later.

so was the DL fake?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That was worth watching. As Foster said, nothing new. But it was put together nicely, right down to nuances like the Soviets knowing the shape of the A-12 based on the shadow.

Well mostly nothing new. I knew of the "dirty bird" experiments, but never saw the material before.

A few oddities in the video. First, the plane tail number used to view the base doesn't exist. Based on the pilot's name and a little internet sniffing, it might be this plane:
N61867
Looking at the terrain, he is about 15 statute miles out. You can tell by the amount of Groom Lake Road that is showing. Of course if it was nautical miles, then 12 miles (as stated in the video), would be close.

Second, the road sensors are not pressure sensitive. There is no easily observable evidence of the road sensors. What was shown in the video reminds me more of a traffic measurement sensor (number of cars per hour, yada yada yada) which was used years ago on Groom Lake Road.

I'm not sure a F117 can drop a bomb on a target of opportunity as shown in the video. The F117 had a computerized planning program that contained the assigned targets before the plane left the ground. The pilot plugged a hard drive (for lack of a better description) into the plane with all the routing and targets in it.

My recollection on the titanium used for the A-12 was that they originally sourced it right out of some mine near Henderson, but that titanium for some reason wasn't very good. Thus the CIA cover companies were set up to buy titanium from the Soviets.

The FAS documented the burn pits nicely.
FAS burn pits

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Second, the road sensors are not pressure sensitive. There is no easily observable evidence of the road sensors. What was shown in the video reminds me more of a traffic measurement sensor (number of cars per hour, yada yada yada) which was used years ago on Groom Lake Road.

in the vid he claimed they were magnetic sensors and then they showed a pressure device used for measuring the average speed of cars. In the UK they use them for gathering speed data from cars over a period of time before setting the speed limit on the road.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I phrased my post kind of poorly. The REAL sensors are magnetic and are not easily spotted. What they showed in the video was a pressure sensitive sensor, as you stated.

If they place the magnetic sensors (magnetometer) correctly, they are set up around intersections. That is, visualize the cross of an intersection. If you put sensors on all four sides, you can sense the direction of the vehicle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join