It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royalty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My question here is royalty is tied into all these things I mean other than the terror they've inflicted in the history books there has to be a modern connection to still keep them on top otherwise the majority of the people can't honestly agree that there's really a ROYAL blood line now a days. (BTW I am Canadian so this maybe a hotter topic for the Canadian/ UK posters on here.)

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm happy to answer the question if I understood it?

My own question:
In countires with royaltly currently, what will happen when all family members of the Royal Family are gone?
Because before we have settled on one blood line, it depended on war, killing the current king/queen or making them surrender the crown.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sorry I realize that was a little off, I must have written it in a hurry. Anyway what I was asking is, Do people still really believe that there is such thing as a royal blood line or is there something else driving the whole idea of royalty. Personally I think royalty is a joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Their is a royal blood line. If you go far enough back you'll probaly find your related to your best mate...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Most of the Royalty of Europe are related to each other and share common ancestors from the royalty of Judea, hence the concept of Divine right...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If Royalty isn't ditched like in some countires it has, it should go on for a good while longer...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I realize that there is a royal blood line what I'm saying is how many people here actually believe that it's of great importance.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The royal family are not that important, when the world is ready to let go of them, then no one will care anymore aboyt them any more.

It is already happing now, I do think it is fact that Diana was more respected than anyone esle in the Royal family.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Of course the actual blood line is of no importance. I would safely say that the vast majority of Britain don't think that the Royal family has any divine right, just a traditional and hereditary one. The actual bloodline does not make them better or worse than anyone else in terms of genetics.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i don't think it's a UK/France thing. royal "blood" is eveywhere. i come from a long line of high ranking Germans,who would only marry other high ranking germans,until my grandmaw married a "lowly" english-german man. as far as divine right...i don't think so,however, we were discussing the success of monarchies,and i have to say,my professor had some very valid points. so i'm kind of in the middle on this issue. and yes i do believe that royal bloodlines still exist,especially in the old countries(i'm american),europe,asia,ect.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't debate that the bloodlones exst, they must do. It would be like saying that you're bloodline doesn't exist. The very nature of royalty and aristocracy is that it interbreeds. A monarchy does not necessarily grant the monarch huge power, in the UK for instance the royal power is theoretical, but were it ever to be implemented against the wishes of government constitutional upheaval would take place and it would be rectified. It's kind of a "you have this power until you use it" catch 22 situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The British bloodline is in place to stop prime ministers taking over the country, because all soldiers [apart from sailors] swear allegiance to the Queen, sailors swear it to their Captain [Captain's are loyal to the Queen].

It for safety, and means that no one party can rule UK forever, because they'd need to form their own army to match and defeat the British one...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think the point has been missed here. People are obviously not denying a blood line exists (duh!) But if people only see it as hypothetical power then what is really controlling these people always being on top (ie: rich,powerful to citizens) It seems to me a "CONSPIRACY" that any country would want to even have respect for a monarchy that has done nothing for them except take their money. Hence the beginning of the U.S.A. Here it Canada it's a shame to see the Queens face plastered on our hard earned money when there are Prime Ministers who have put their blood, sweat, tears into making this country into what it is today. I think Trudeau should be on the 20.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
But UK, is a Monarchy, but our Monarchs don't run the country like they used to... It's symbolism!

new topics

top topics

join