It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently police departments are having a hard time finding candidates...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Great post, but I disagree with the person you are referencing that said "if you dont like it become a police officer and do something about it." That is utter BS.

History teaches the exact opposite:
1. Change doesn't come from within
2. Systems don't want to change
3. Entering the system to change it means one of two things
A. You will be assimilated to the system
B. You will be killed or severely dealt with

Those are the rules. That's the way it's always been. I'd love to believe differently but so far history hasn't been wrong.

I have no doubt they will find more candidates eventually. Perhaps this is just a lull?

edit on 4-12-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: skunkape23

thats exactly what we need!

Protect and serve. Keep it simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I've said many times on here that for every video of a jerkwad with a badge losing his mind on somebody, there's ten instances of an officer doing something good that nobody ever hears about.

i know man.
i dont doubt it.
that story made the news but it was buried below other stories and i think the only reason it made the news anyway is cause he was killed after...
im with ya

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From what I've read the 10-20% so called "good cops" and it probably starts out much higher, maybe 30-40%, are controlled by the corrupt and evil ones, and those who stop a bad cop, are murdered. I don't know how many would take that job I would expose every single one of them, get PI's on all the corrupt ones and throw the literal book at them. I also think we should be doing that with all in responsible positions. Tolerate zero corruption and a system where its easy to get rid of rogues even if they're the nation's head.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Murdered? I think that's a stretch. Run out of the force? Yes. Threatened with slow backup or no backup? Yes. Given crap details and assignments? Yes.

It's all down to the culture of the department, though. Not all departments have that mentality, just like not all cops are bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
so onequestion
youre not going to join the force then?
i think you should. you have strong opinions about the police and how things should be handled...

i think you should get after it

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
ok aside from the op that points out its policy bs that is the problem to the ot

1 the law is the law so if there is a law that is unjust dont blame the cop
so if there where a law to shoot anyone whering black on friday god forbid u consider the cop to blame for doing it

2 we should all let cops do whatever thay want as long as its within the law

3 cops are not all bad

4 cops have a hard job and who are we to tell them how to do it

well i say ur all full of it ... its no ok a unjust law should be proven at the start level being the cop
enforcing a law you know un unfair makes you the same as the criminals no exceptions

any cop that violates our rights in any way shape or form should be prosecuted as a terrorist
including the ones who gave the orders and so on tell you get to the top

starting at the top will not work we start at the bottom and well see results
maby it will be no one wants to be a cop so be it

if you uphold injustice karma will get you

sometimes i have to side with the cops many of the high profile cases i sided with the cop
but thows are b/s cases ment to do what they did

every time a cop shoots a dog ... tickes someone for smoking ... friskes someone for jaywalking
makes me more and more ashamed to be a citizen of the ussa

im tired of this bs

i was pulled over at gunpoint for jaywalking yea g/j metro
lets go on
the cops shot my frinds dog for suspected drug making ... oops no drugs or making
one of my frinds got beaten up for not being able to stand up he was drunk not resisting
cop yelled over and over if u dont stand well beat ur ass he just couldent
public inxocication im not even shure if thats illegal hear but being so drunk u cant stand a reasion for a beating no

the lost goes on forever
there is infact a problem to deny this is arogant every time something is reported imagin how many arnt
most are afraid to speak out about the cops ... i know i wouldent want to retaliation is alot more harsh than anything i say can posibly do

the scales are tiped saying anything against them its almost irelavant but the damage they can do to you is unimaginable

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

enforcing a law you know un unfair makes you the same as the criminals no exceptions

yeah, we should let each individual cop pick and choose which laws they want to enforce and when.
that would make society so much better huh?

people are ridiculous sometimes

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

You know who wouldn't enforce the laws that weren't "fair" in your scenario? The good cops. The bad ones still will. So then you're left with zero good cops, because all the good ones are now out of a job. The bad ones won't quit. The only way to get rid of them is to change the system. There will never be a point of "no cops." I have no idea why you think just cycling through people until you have a force full of people who don't care at all, about anything, will have any positive impact on things. Because again, there will never be a point where there are "no cops."

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

one of my frinds got beaten up for not being able to stand up he was drunk not resisting

of course not.
of course someone that is so drunk they can not stand would just go right along huh....

there are always going to be cops. we need them.
if we didnt have cops then we would have drunks like your buddy running amok.
ill take the cops over the load outs any way of the week.

^^^for your friend

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
edit
double post glitch
edit on 4-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
one more thing.
while i am not a fan of the cops in general, i feel safer with them around. i'll tell you that.

even with all the violence and brutality and all the people whos rights are trampled on even though 'they didnt do anything wrong ever', i still feel better having them around.

they dont make me nearly as nervous as say, a load out so drunk he cant stand up.
or someone like mike brown that likes to rough up store owners and attack cops
or big daddy head that likes to incite a riot
or like the young adults that beat a man to death with a hammer
or like all the hill jack meth heads trying to cook walter white sky meth in their double wide

and on and on and on..
they all make me feel much more unsafe than the cops do.

of course i have to ad the disclaimer that yes, some cops are power tripping and out of control.
of course i think the cop that choked out the dude in new york should be facing charges.

in the end though, a good way to reduce your chances of getting arrested/braced/whatever by the cops is to maybe dont break the law.
if you are questioned then dont flip out and try to fight it on the curb. fight it in court.

of course i have to ad the disclaimer that resisting arrest or committing a crime does not deserve that treatment...thats not what i am saying but i am positive people will twist it...

its no wonder to me that a lot of people that have such dislike for the cops have records themselves.
i know i know...cops fault. the lawyers fault. the judge was a dick. i drank too much.

basically anything except, yeah, i was a dick and it was my fault.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

maby ur right people have no moral compass to do this

wheres some god to cleanse the planet maby the only solution

to bad as much as i would like people to understand right and wrong it will never happen

and as to my frind "Nevada does not make it a crime to be drunk in public"

www.shouselaw.com...

so yea being on the ground to drunk to stand is not a crime

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

so yea being on the ground to drunk to stand is not a crime

ok. awesome
what i said was load outs like that make me feel less safe to be around than cops

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

maby so

and bye no means its not a problem

but it was not a example of safty but of excessive force when no crime is commited

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

but it was not a example of safty but of excessive force when no crime is commited

yeah, maybe.
but we dont really know if no crime was committed now do we?
you saying there was none does not mean there was none.
it dont matter anyway.

my point was we need the police.
with no cops around, people like your buddy would be roaming the streets free to do whatever while they are blitzed and i dont like that thought.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

due to the fact i wasent there nor you nether can say if a crime was comited

there are many places being intoxicated is legal

as long as ur not driving

cant say there is no harm

but its quite a president to say yea i dont like to so its illegal

and as much as i hate the idea yes without cops there would be chaos
its not nessesaraly cops im mad at or there cheifs or the politition its people in general

if all cops treated eatch situation inocent tell proven guilty with some respect
than again it goes both sides there is no fix sadly but we can change rules of engaugment

not how it works its legal for me to drink and its legal for me to go walking outside drunk as long as i dont do anything illegal

now ima take myself as a example its normal for me to get drunk and walk to the store to buy food smokes more drinks whatever

i cause no one harm do nothing wrong and most the time ... lol manage to stay on the sidewalk

and to be perfectaly fair the cops have never caused me problems and iv talked to alot on my trips they like to hang out at the local gas station

but im a clean cut white male who is always polite to people

we do have drunk and disoderly witch i bet would define anyone you have any reasion to not want to be out drunk

edit on 4-12-2014 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have said in many other posts that this country will start having issues hiring quality candidates.

Like I said the "good" cops are leaving the career because it isn't worth it anymore.

Also the "good" ones that are thinking about going into the career are changing their minds and taking a different path.

I have explained my reasons as to why I believe this is so.

Just wait until the hiring issue becomes worse. Positions have to be filled. Agencies can't just wait until the right candidate comes along. They will eventually have to put a body in the position, even if they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find them...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't know, this could be just a local thing. My cousin's son just got out of the police academy, and from the sounds of it, they have plenty of people.

I personally would never want to be a cop. I simply refuse to enforce laws I don't believe in, nor could I work in a justice system I believe is corrupted, ridiculous, nonsensical, and useless. I'd rather try making a difference doing something I can believe in. So, to each their own.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From the examples given and some personal testimony read in the past, murdered in the one case, probably set up, suicided, etc for others. Its probably done to make an example. The bad ones expect loyalty.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join