It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I honestly don’t know what to say’; Jon Stewart gets serious on Eric Garner

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Comedians are our prophets, they have always told the truth. Americans have been conditioned that the truth is something to laugh at and then those same people return to their world of lies.

I fear that we never have another George Carlin.
edit on 4-12-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Not unless they're bought and sold by the system they speak out against. There's comedic rebellion, then there's comedians acting tough against the system to train the masses for a rebellion.

Carlin was a very, very useful tool.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: iDope

My dad treated severely mentally handicapped adults. He said they were teddy bears who could turn violent in two seconds. 300+ pound, grown men who have the mentality of 5 year olds. Sad but true.

But was Garner handicapped in any way?

No, but he was pulling away from the officer as they tried to apprehend him. Also, he was not just innocently standing there minding his own business, he was breaking the law and the police were well within their rights to approach and apprehend him.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I think you need to look up the definition of moron.

But we all have our own special opinions, and I completely disagree with yours.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: michaelbrux

Sad news sir the government cannot protect or save you from anything,never has ,never will all they can do is respond,by which time if you are involved you've either survived or not survived through your own actions.

often before an experiment is conducted, the researcher will have a list of expected outcomes and assumptions.

one of my assumptions is that the known presence of law enforcement reduces crime and that without the possibility of consequences of criminal activity due to the absence of law enforcement...crime will increase. considering people, I think that the rate crime rate would increase in multiples.

I think the experiment would be effective at illustrating the real reason most people consider themselves safe.

you think its you...but i'd bet its not you at all that keeps you safe.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're free to disagree. But my definition of moron won't change because you think it's wrong. The Stewarts are total tools who will do whatever they're told if it earns them a profit. They're oblivious to the consequences of their need for fame.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: the owlbear

You don't get big unless you're truly useful. Stewart, or Leibowitz or whoever he wants to be known as is a perfect example of that. A comedian who becomes a joke newsreader with connections to DC and the entertainment cabal.

If the youth only knew where their hilarity derives from, why they're being made to laugh at the clown they'd never laugh again...

I think he's funny, usually spot on and very insightful. But please enlighten me, since I don't have the insight you do. Why are we being made to laugh at him?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I actually wrote those reasons in earlier posts in this thread.

Reading is imperative even if you disagree with the particular poster.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Blown up? I remember when the Daily Show first aired, that was a loooong time ago. That show has earned everything all on its own because if it was crap it wouldn't be on the air today. I find myself agreeing with the Daily Show a majority of the time. Speaking of Zionist, have you not seen the Daily Show rip Israel apart in the recent Gaza war?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Of course your definition is wrong and that's because you just made it up. You should find a better word to describe your hate for Stewart because calling him a moron only makes you look weak. Of course though, fellow haters will agree with you but you're still wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I actually wrote those reasons in earlier posts in this thread.

Reading is imperative even if you disagree with the particular poster.

LOL okay I scanned your posts, but you really didn't lay anything out that's concrete. I get the impression that you don't like him because he mainly lampoons and sets his sites on Republicans.

Why is he a tool? Who cares if he changed his name or starred in a silly movie? I don't really think he's bowing down to any overlords. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity though, are, except those guys...I guess they're commedians too but they never say anything funny. Yeah?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

I fear that we never have another George Carlin.

Amen.

Look up on YouTube: George Carlin American Dream

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So anyone who disagrees with you is weak? Sorry bud but that's a very weak cop out. It just shows you can't discuss this issue intelligently without resorting to pathetic jabs towards other users. Stewart's a media moron, an entertainer.

Disagree but pettiness is pathetic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

LOL so you think it's because he's a partisan clown that's why I hate him. Hannity and Limbaugh are clowns too.

Nice try. Don't derail the thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Defund departments now. Clean house.

No return power to states flat tax on everything remove all non violent crime from jail sentences and make drugs legal. prohibition did nothing in the 20'S AND 30'S. So simple but so hard with our idiot politicians in charge they do not follow the will of the people and do not have our best interest at heart.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

They're too busy profiting off the war on drugs.

Most politicians are idiots, they follow the script or face public scandal.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They're too busy profiting off the war on drugs.

Most politicians are idiots, they follow the script or face public scandal.

Even better get rid of insurance companies . Why pay a middle man that saps 567 billion from actual health care. Have every hospital take care of an area , which they do any ways and have all tax go to that hospital with a slush fund for care they can't give. .

Sorry just a stupid rational idea
edit on 4-12-2014 by jlafleur02 because: caute myself in reason

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I can't comment on the insurance/medical issue because I don't know anything about it but as for the drug war it's a total sham. So is thinking political insight can be gained from a comedian.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I can't comment on the insurance/medical issue because I don't know anything about it but as for the drug war it's a total sham. So is thinking political insight can be gained from a comedian.

Very true and he is critized for that as the media say he has to much leeway in that it is comedy. But they could say the same without comedy and report news. So # them

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02

Very true and he is critized for that as the media say he has to much leeway in that it is comedy. But they could say the same without comedy and report news. So # them

Watched morning joe and he had a rant where he said what he wanted and how all the pundits said one thing off camera and on camera something totally different. Don't like the show but he was right. If your going to have an opinion show and not news then state you opinion. John stewart does that is why I watch him. and the colbert interviews are the funniest thing I ever saw on tv. look them up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join