It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The problem isn't with racist cops, the problem is with the politicians who create the laws and give the police protection from prosecution......

That's it in a nut shell. If cops knew they would be held accountable for killing or beating an unarmed civilian, I bet they would be more cautious before pulling back that trigger or landing a kick or punch. It seems like some cops carry an attitude on the job which they think they don't have to account for anything they do.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Weird. Because it looks like a lot of people standing around holding candles and signs and not too many people laying on the ground.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I didn't say that. Let me answer the question...

Let's say a Chinese guy became president of the US and his administration started instituting policies against white people. For years, white people are oppressed and not treated equally to other races. The white people decide to protest the government. They gather in groups.

In some of these groups, a lot of Chinese people join in on the protests. Some of the white people don't want members of the oppressive race to join in the protests and they politely ask the Chinese people to support them and be their allies, but not to participate in certain particular parts of the protest.

Would I be ok with that? Absolutely! It's the white people who are being oppressed. It's their fight. If the Chinese people want to stand in solidarity with them, that's fine, but let the white people fight their fight. Support them, but don't make it about Chinese people! It's about white people!

(post by oblvion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry I must have missed where to find coverage of the entire event.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think what you meant to say is that I'm a race traitor, ya?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Let's say a Chinese guy became president of the US and his administration started instituting policies against white people. For years, white people are oppressed and not treated equally to other races. The white people decide to protest the government. They gather in groups.

In some of these groups, a lot of Chinese people join in on the protests. Some of the white people don't want members of the oppressive race to join in the protests and they politely ask the Chinese people to support them and be their allies, but not to participate in certain particular parts of the protest.

Would I be ok with that? Absolutely! It's the white people who are being oppressed. It's their fight. If the Chinese people want to stand in solidarity with them, that's fine, but let the white people fight their fight. Support them, but don't make it about Chinese people! It's about white people!

Okay so....you can support us, we just don't want you to support us HERE. You can all go support us over THERE.

Yea, that's not divisive at all.

Also, love the implication that the entire white race is oppressive.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Enough!!!

Discuss the issue. Not each other.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry I must have missed where to find coverage of the entire event.

Just like I apparently missed the part where everybody was laying on the ground I guess

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
this seems unneccessary, poorly thought-out and likely to cost the protesters some genuine support.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This thread feels like you're a racist just for having an opinion one way or the other. Too much nitpicking about minute details, not enough substance.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Okay so....you can support us, we just don't want you to support us HERE. You can all go support us over THERE.

Yeah. Is there a problem with that? I don't remember seeing any men burning bras during the women's movement. I would have told them to have a seat and leave the bra-burning to the women. (and no, that doesn't imply that all men are or were oppressive)

WTF are you talking about? I didn't make that implication. But who can argue with the fact that in the racial situation in this country, whites have historically been the oppressive race? They are the dominant race.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I see some warnings coming...

C'mon guys...Do we have any solutions?

We are starting to sound like the idiot protesters.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You did when you made that analogy. Don't back pedal.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yeah. Is there a problem with that? I don't remember seeing any men burning bras during the women's movement. I would have told them to have a seat and leave the bra-burning to the women. (and no, that doesn't imply that all men are or were oppressive)

WTF are you talking about? I didn't make that implication. But who can argue with the fact that in the racial situation in this country, whites have historically been the oppressive race? They are the dominant race.

White PEOPLE have been oppressive. The white RACE hasn't been. If you can't see the difference in those two statements then I can't explain it to you.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Think about the women's movement of the 60s. Look at the pictures of that era. Speaking as a woman, I frankly wouldn't want men in the thick of the protest. Yes, stand along the side, show your support, do what you can to change things, but don't get in the middle of our protest and act like you're hurting, too.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here's another way to think of it. The protesters, during an event which will be well photographed with said photos spread all over the media, ask the black folks to lay on the ground for the die in and for the white folks to stand in the background. What kind of image were they looking for? An image of white oppressors standing over black victims?

Seems staged to me, like they were hoping to use their white supporters in a not so supportive way.
edit on 4-12-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

UHHHMMM.....

Buddy I am decended from the worst treated most oppressed group in history Irish.

We were treated wat worse way longer.

Do you see us being the top racists or most likely to be criminal group in the country?

No we get by just fine.

Kick the blacks cruths out from under them...watch them catch themselves dust themselves off and stand under their own power.

They are spoiled brats...no other group has ever been given so much and done nothing but whine it isnt enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think what you meant to say is that I'm a race traitor, ya?

Unless you are Irish your not my race.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

Think about the women's movement of the 60s. Look at the pictures of that era. Speaking as a woman, I frankly wouldn't want men in the thick of the protest. Yes, stand along the side, show your support, do what you can to change things, but don't get in the middle of our protest and act like you're hurting, too.

I see your point.

I think no man would want to be in the middle of that (unless it was cold).

You do see the double standard though ?

It's just it seems white people are confused why we are taking the brunt of it.

We are all subject to the same Cops. Do I think Blacks get the worst of it...Yes

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join