It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It appears that the song White Christmas has now become offensive to some.

Social media lit up Wednesday evening with complaints about former Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker performing "White Christmas" at the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony at New York City's Rockefeller Square.

The ceremony went ahead under police protection, and Rucker performed "White Christmas," a classic written by a Jewish immigrant, Irving Berlin. The song refers to snow, not to race, in recalling a traditional Christmas scene.

Critics, however, believed that the mere reference to the color "white" by a black singer in the throes of a racially-charged controversy was offensive and suggested a contempt for the feelings of other black people.

source

edit on 4-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The black community continues to shoot themselves in the foot. First it was using the Michael Brown shooting protest as a way to justify looting and burning down businesses. Than Michael Brown's step father incites a crowd to "burn down this bitch!" Now they want to diminish further support by excluding whites in their protests! Who is really being racist?

If you're protesting and claiming that a white police force is unjustly stereotyping black men and killing your children, don't you think the more support you get from whites will actually send a better message that the white community also agrees that this police brutality has to stop! You would think the black community would welcome whites to join their cause.

I'm sorry, who ever is organizing these protests is not only racist but stupid. I can't think of any other protest in history that would want to exclude anyone from the general public to join their cause. Even the civil rights movement welcomed whites to join in their marches.

Look who they have leading them.

Race Baiters pretending to be clergy, Liars, Tax Cheats.

Seriously, they have zero leadership.

They are indoctrinated into a victim mindset.

They live in a Nation that let millions of entry level workers flood the market.

No group can better themselves without jobs.

Really, they are destined to wait for a monthly check and play the game.

ADD: To be fair Black Folks did have one great leader...He was killed by a white man.

So, there's that.

edit on 4-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

wow.
unreal, but i am not surprised

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I watched the New York protest on about 4 different live feeds and I don't have the URLs anymore so I'm not sure but I believe it was a YouTube live video and NOT the RT one.

At least half of the protestors appeared to be white. Repeatedly they were verbally slammed for being there.

Then black people, mostly women at first, took bull horns and formed a circle of black people, excluding the whites who had marched with them. They spoke angrily and racially bigottedly ... but the last one before I hit the "This is Stupid" close button was a pale black, large woman who declared this "MY Revolution" and went on to gripe about the Klan killing "her people" and essesntially labeled every white person in that category. She finally finished with, "I hate white people".

So, a common issue that affects people of all color has been co-opted to fit the old Black Panther Revolution agenda.
edit on 4/12/2014 by Trexter Ziam because: edit

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Personally I am quite sick of it all. No matter what you do or say, its going to be twisted one way or the other by the media or other people on social media.

I honestly feel there is more to it and that the sheer amount of trigger happy cops is the problem.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Those people have no cause to stand for. That's like fighting for gender equality but only paying your female staff 77% of what the males are paid (I'm looking at you, Obama).

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Trexter Ziam

so what i am seeing is they want segregation and exclusion when they decide it is convenient...
then they decide it is back to equality for all...
then they get a bug up their ass and its more exclusion time

now the song white christmas is offensive cause it was performed by a black guy...friggin hootie is the least black black dude on the planet anyway...

this is really getting ridiculous

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Just a few posts of those offended by the song.
(curse words and posters names deleted)

Darius Rucker up here singing about a white Christmas. n****.

Darius Rucker/Hootie just sang "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" at the tree-lighting ceremony. Because America is f****** with us all

THEY MAKING DARIUS RUCKER SING 'WHITE CHRISTMAS'?!?!?!?!??!! GET THE F*** OUTTA HERE

Of course they have Darius Rucker singing "Dreaming of a white Christmas ", f****** white people.

link

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The sad part about all of these protests is that they have lost, and nothing will change, and the protestors do not know it.

In any contest or protest, the sad part is for it to succeed and for there to be changes, they need to support of everyone, from all communities and groups, they need that kind of support to give them the credibility and the backing, along with the most important thing: Public opinion.

By gaining public opinion, from all groups, then it starts to be a unified group and voice, and those in power usually listen to such, however there are unspoken rules to such and they should never be violated or crossed.

The first rule is that there has to be a leader, and people under him, who can and will step up to the plate. The next is a goal, one where it is clear from the get go, what the end point it, where it is a signal to the protestors that they have won. There can be no violence, no looking and has to be peaceful. And it needs to be inclusive.

This protest, white students can’t participate, all it serves is to divide the community and ultimately send a message and the loss of support to those who would be supportive of them.

If they are wanting change, they need to take a page from the play of the past and those that came before them and actually follow along. That means a person steps up and is the leader, that the goals and message is clear and makes sense and ultimately is inclusive of all of those, including those of a different skin color.

Take a look at the civil rights marches and the demonstrations from that time frame, there was inclusion, and the protestors did not throw the first punch. The leaders were willing to die to promote equality and get inequality and the wrongs of society changed. That is what is needed and that is what should be called for.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Those hippies are running the education system now.

Having fun yet?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From what i read on here so far it sounds like the protest are doomed to fail. Nothing will change from these protest.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: whyamIhere

old white men sit around and wait for their check every month too...so what's your point on that?....speaking of "playing the game"...mitt Romney knows how to play the game, he just moves his millions offshore to avoid taxes..."playing the game"?....cost overruns of billions of dollars, by military industrial companies that come right out of taxpayers pockets...funny how I don't see that money going to poor people on welfare....but republicans don't care about that, because those people have power and have the ability to screw republicans over, poor people on welfare don't, so they are easy targets.

As usual you failed to understand my post.

You are so blinded by partisan politics your daily drive-by post misses the point.

Of course older folks wait for their checks. So do millions of white people.

My point is no jobs for these people. Millions of illegals working for almost nothing.

No group can lift themselves up without jobs. Hence, they go on public assistance.

Now reread my post slow...And leave your partisan BS out of any replies.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Trexter Ziam

so what i am seeing is they want segregation and exclusion when they decide it is convenient...
then they decide it is back to equality for all...
then they get a bug up their ass and its more exclusion time

I see this beast (trouble) as much more than that.

First, we cannot generalize and make specific conclusions based on the actions or words of a few. Only time will bear this out or negate it.

Second, what I am clearly seeing from the pot-stirring from Farakhan, Holder, Obama, Sharpton and other notables is wobbling. Farakhan wants the trouble to get steeper and rougher ... and his recent speech may be behind stirring up the old 1960's "Revolution". The intent on that one is for whites to all just disappear and the world be ruled by only black people. So, it appears to me that this series of trouble is sparked by outside agitators and Agitator Overlord Professionals who seem to be having power struggles and ideology struggles among themselves.

Third, there DOES seem to be a problem with these liberal civil disturbances and we saw it started in the 1% vs. 99% protests (sorry, forgot the name of that movement that lasted over a year) ... and that problem IS co-opted movements.

I take that back, the Tea Party movement was co-opted very early on ... from a Ron Paul group to a Republican agenda, inter-mixed with other parties here and there in between. It ended up a creature of an entirely different nature than its' original.

So, co-opted movements IS a problem.

It's as bad as all the many hideous pork-belly amendments added onto what previously would have been a good bill.

So, yes, I can sympathize and somewhat agree that they don't need 'other agendas' mixing in their own bag of griefs.

Fourth and last: They need to DEFINE the movement more clearly. We see the police killing unarmed innocent white, brown, asian and black people. They see only the black victims.

So, DEFINITION of the protests was unclear from the start.
edit on 4/12/2014 by Trexter Ziam because: edit

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
From what i read on here so far it sounds like the protest are doomed to fail. Nothing will change from these protest.

And when it does fail, who do you think gets the blame?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hey, they don't want my support, then eff em. I had always heard that things are accomplished easier in teams with as much support as possible, but hey if they want to go it alone, fine. I don't want to hear any sob stories when this movement falls on its face though.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Operation divide and distract, right on schedule. They will avoid the real problem if we get them to fight amongst themselves...Just look a BO's Cnn title today with the emphasis on "white officer"...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It should be themselves. But irresponsible people never take responsibility though so...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The only message I can cypher is...

We hate Cops.

White People should kill themselves while listening to White Christmas.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm loving these bleeding heart liberals being lambasted by the people they're trying to support... Just shows how brain dead people like that can be.

If such a thing as a race war breaks out, say bye bye to black people in America, shooting themselves in the foot is right! Be careful what you wish for.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join