It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They were beat down back then just like they are today. What happened with Occupy Wall Street? What happens in Ferguson? The samne thing happened back then in the battle for civil rights and stopping the war and bad politicians. People that were alive then see the same cycle repeat itself.

Back then if we didn't stop the communists in Vietnam they were going to take over the world. So we went to war for goodness sake, to stop the commies. Now its endless war again in Afghanistan , Iraq, ad infinitum, for what? Wheres the protest? They are too busy texting, watching TV and playing video games to really make any kind of stand. People back then applied enough pressure to stop the Vietnam war, I don't see anyone doing that today.

You want old fat people to get up and revolt? They already gave their all back then. What are you doing about it?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It was about divide and rule.

Paid your tax? Own a car? Work in a defense plant?

You're just playing.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
*****ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS*****

We would like to remind you that we expect civility and decorum in all forums, topics, and discussions. Continuing to post in a manner not in accordance with the T&C's can and will result in post removals and/or posting bans. Please continue your discussions with an eye on the topic and not your fellow members. Please also remember to stay on topic and cease any and all attempts to derail the thread/discussion before you.

Thank you.

You Are Responsible For Your Own posts.

We Expect Civility & Decorum In All Topics.

*** Do Not Reply To This Post ***

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Bah no fun

This entire thing reminds me of people saying Obama would bring us into a new era of interracial peace, while acting like white people are the only source of problems in this country. That was during his first election.

What's the point in excluding/restricting/anything you want to call it the limits certain protesters can go? It's a problem that does affect blacks in higher numbers no doubt, but truly it affects everybody. A unified people spells freedom.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wow man, So just because the Justice department sucks. A government funded program. They are hating on us citizens?

Did any of us white folk shoot poor 6 foot michael brown without a badge? Don't think so.

Furgerson. Let's adress the real issue.

Guns should only be fired when completely nessisary. Maybe it wasn't nessisary that Micheal Brown was killed.
But by all means, This isn't a race issue. What the real issue is. Is police responding to any course of action with Violence.

Everyone is effected by this. Micheal brown lived in a bad part of town and rolled with the wrong crew. Police need to find non lethal methods of subduing raging people rather than resorting to bullets.

A cops prime motive is safety of citizens, And non fetal injury of a perp. The whole martin Luther king thing dosn't really work to well in this case.

If any community deciding to seperate themselves from the majority and referr themselves as *Black* So be it. Just don't flaunt around like you are entitled to the chaos and destruction brought to your peers and communities.

Lots of people love *black* people. And so the world has your support because well. It's a race, and happens to be everywhere. Just like white people. So dcriminating isn't going to work. We need justice for all and what this black panther recruiting is doing is nothing but hurting their cause.

IF anyone here has action within these groups. Please tone down the racism and stick to police brutality and abuse of power please because another group picks up your slack after you all are cleared out for enticing terrorism.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

White guilt is not even enough any more. Even if you subscribe to the idea that, as a white person, you are personally responsible for years of black oppression and you benefit from white privilidge and wish to support those supporting Michael Brown, you are not welcome:

GOOD.

Any white person who feels this way should really just throw themselves off the nearest building.

The only thing more pathetic than self-pity, is watching a group of people who have been so brow-beaten that they will readily take the blame for something entirely not their fault.

You want to find someone who hates the average black person? BLACK COPS. I know two, and have never heard the N-word used in such anger as when they use it to describe some of the people they've arrested. Both awesome guys, one's a former Marine, and the other just an old-school goodguy.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No HIPPIES ARE IN CHARGE now in the US ONLY...OLIGARCHS run the world,IMF and the like. THAT type of group cannot FUNCTION on the world turf. They alienate the people required to do so who ACTUALLY have the skills.
edit on 6-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am more than happy to support them in whatever capacity they need me. When it's there thing then they should be front and center. When it's truly a Black & White thing that's how I feel about it. When it's a mater of civil rights overall then we all stand together. White guilt has no place at the front of racial issues in my view.

It really comes down to us as individuals to analyze what situations are and how we apply ourselves to those situations. In some of these circumstances I believe that this is called for.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flint2011

But what is the end game?
Segregation again( THAT was a JOY to watch kids GO through) or UNIFICATION?

I don't reject I watch and react FIRST.
LET the other guy decide.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No HIPPIES ARE IN CHARGE now in the US ONLY...OLIGARCHS run the world,IMF and the like. THAT type of group cannot FUNCTION on the world turf. They alienate the people required to do so who ACTUALLY have the skills.

You know I have to chime in on this, I was born in 70 so I am not a kid saying this...

That generation which (aside from the music) is the worst god damned generation in American history, God damn I can't wait for them to be gone and someone my age or younger to make it into office someone who understands technology and the direction the world is moving and lived through the start of the communications era...

They think they are so worldly and smart when really they are a whiney stereotyped asinine generation...

So far we have had the "Frat Guy" Bush, The Hippies (the Clintons) and Now the Black Activist

All they do is reemerge us all into the issues of their day, even the people of the generation with all the protests and bs, you know i'd say 90% of us 40 ish and younger aren't actually racist, they have to bring up and alienate us all on utter bs just to have their "causes" back "how we speak, what words we use, really vauge perceptions..." the truth is, Race crime isn't a huge deal, they biggest news issues have to come from the absolutely most volatile sections of society... NOT LA but backwards as heck Missouri lol, even the NY incident was kind of digging for it, i'm from NY a typical night out looks like the dance scene from the Matrix with every shade and spectrum of humanity having a good time and because these jerks are in power they just dig to Police files obviously the only place they can even find actual racial violence, but by NUMBERS, by the people everyone from this generation is cool, I've never met a Klan leader in his 20's lol

This generation is so obsessed with itself (the 60's) and they are moronic, utopianists to a degree they make life miserable, and god just get old and die please before you incite a race war or tear apart the govt or something.

This is the communication era, your youth wont be facing these issues, your outdated and you don't absorb information nearly as fast as the kids who were brought up digital, all you ever did was fight with your parents and reject even basic social values for no reason in favor of everything "radical"

You gave us divorce as the norm, you all did waaay to much dope and are kind of fixated on your youth, you went from the most antisocial generation ever to become the generation that passed the most laws and caused the most social unhappiness in history, from free love hippies to well off suburbanites who talk liberal smack while actual being the ones still obsessed with race and other issues when the rest of us are mainly over it, HIGHLY OVER INDULGENT and FAKE, terrible selfish parents, self centered and... I'm glad, i'm glad this generation will just barely miss the boat on all the good longevity advancements coming down the pipe because they shouldn't vote for 150 years that would suck...

Sorry lol, But 60's gen.... please go retire young, you grew up to be worse than your parents which was your worst nightmare and GOOD lol, you deserve it, THIS is the largest and most diverse generation in US history not yours, pass the torch and go away

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

This is the problem.

The hippies went like this:

Ward Cleaver > Jerry Garcia > Ward Cleaver again.

Anyway, I protest where I want to. People tell me I can't protest with them, or I can't show my support for them I'll tell them they're racist and I'll tell them to their face. This country's disgraceful. Constant one-sided racism, one-way tolerance, seriously, Americans should be ashamed of themselves.

Not only my generation (the iMorons) but the ones that came before it and the ones currently gulping Gerber. Sellouts, miscreants who have done nothing but continue to consume, divide and whine about the system they're all dependent on.

No change, no hope, no differences. Just the same junk, different generation.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have been watching all of this for several weeks now and I can't help but think one thing. Why is it that on a daily basis, in black neighborhoods all over the country, young black men murder each other by the dozens, as well as innocent bystanders, many of whom are children who get caught in the line of fire, with little or NO national public outcry from the black community, but one black kid gets shot dead by a white cop and the entire black community nationwide is infuriated? They see blood running in the streets every day by their own hands and yet there is NO movement to put a stop to it. And they dont have a problem embracing a thug culture and thug music that GLORIFIES violence. Think about that, being a thug is a FASHION STYLE. There is something so wrong and dysfunctional about that. I am not defending all cops, there are definitely some cops who are out of control and many who dont deserve to wear a badge,(and people have a valid right to protest it) but this other issue which is largely being ignored by the black community is a big mystery to me (as to why no one dares to address black urban violence). When do the protests begin to end black on black violence?
edit on 6-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

It's America. People refuse to take cold, hard, long looks at themselves so they find others to blame. It's like poor whites blaming minorities for taking jobs, blacks blaming whites for their plights.

There's never any outrage over the issues you brought up. Because then it means accountability and responsibility will rule and many are too happy screaming racism while taking from those they loathe.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Organizers of a recent Ferguson protest at the University of Missouri requested “only people of color” take part in the event’s “die-in,”

Calling it a 'die in'. Seems like a poor choice given the current actions of many police officers.

I'll comply with the bigger picture of the wish and longer be concerned of blacks being shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Sorry Hillarie and her ILK ARE whom I speak of legal,socialogy and science are completely glutted.I know what happened as I grew up watching them,don't know what you base YOUR facts on.
Which Cold War MIne or the new one we are in?

Hillary was a hippie? In what universe?
I was one of those hippies who took part in civil rights marches and anti-war marches with all sorts of folk of all colors. Because we believed, honestly believed, and still do, along with Dr. King that we should be judged by our character, not our skin color or social status.
I thank my Creator on a daily basis that the cops back then didn't have anything but tear gas, fire hoses and dogs mostly. I'm thankful that we were allowed to voice our protests of the wrong we saw without being shot to death or run over by tanks (except for Kent State, which put a serious damper on all protests because getting hit with a fire hose was one thing...)
I'm damned tired of hippies being blamed for the current Nazi culture perpetrated by neo-Nazis like Hildabeast and Shrub. Our mantra was Peace, Love and Rock & Roll but if you preferred folk or blues or whatever to Rock & Roll it was all groovy.
I don't know a single hippie who is running an educational institution---not one. But I do see a lot of control-freak neo-Nazis in those positions of power passing laws/ordinances about issues of personal choice and lording it over the rest of the population and brutalizing those who disagree with the Nanny state.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
thats okay, let the ignorant blacks keep themselves down and let then destroy places like Ferguson
White people just stay away, These idiots dont WANT to see equality, they want to keep the excuse of saying theyre being oppressed etc

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Lots of people love *black* people. .

jerry maguire does.

we should all follow his lead

help me, help you

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rabb420

I think it's more about preventing co-opting of the movement,

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>