It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I see some warnings coming...

C'mon guys...Do we have any solutions?

We are starting to sound like the idiot protesters.

The answer is:

Let's quit taking the malarkey from the scripted MSM.

Dissect their garbage reports and we might get unity.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion
Buddy I am decended from the worst treated most oppressed group in history Irish.

OMG! There's so much wrong with that statement, I'm not even willing to go in. LOL!

link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
this seems unneccessary, poorly thought-out and likely to cost the protesters some genuine support.

You are correct.

Their whole protest is utterly meaningless after telling white protesters to take a back seat.
What if Martin Luther King Jr told Kennedy to back off, this is a Black thing?

Of course he was a real leader and did no such thing, and was peaceful and preached love, the opposite of today.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Agreed,

Time to rise above this. Stop beating this dead horse.

Lead by example.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No one is telling white people to back off... check your confirmation bias.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Exactly. Rise above it. We realize racism is in every race, it's time for everybody to move on. We've dwelt on crimes that are hundreds of years old, racists accusing others of racism, the KKK, the NBPP, etc, etc, etc.

It's all divide and conquer, all meant ot keep us fighting against eachother instead of realize we're all in the hole due to the system.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No one is telling white people to back off... check your confirmation bias.

I read the stories, take off your blinders.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: whyamIhere

Think about the women's movement of the 60s. Look at the pictures of that era. Speaking as a woman, I frankly wouldn't want men in the thick of the protest. Yes, stand along the side, show your support, do what you can to change things, but don't get in the middle of our protest and act like you're hurting, too.

I see your point, to a degree. I don't think its about being in the middle "acting as if you're hurting too." I think it's more of "I think *whoever* is getting a raw deal and it sucks and I'm going to be right there with them till its fixed." I just don't see it as trying to act as if one is facing the same issues, just that one recognizes the issues and shares the opinion and the need for change.

And frankly I think it's a lot more impactful to see a situation of "man, look at all those *whatevers* standing with all those *other whatevers* together" instead of "look at all those *whatevers* standing around looking at those *other whatevers*."

link   

originally posted by: oblvion
Buddy I am decended from the worst treated most oppressed group in history Irish.

OMG! There's so much wrong with that statement, I'm not even willing to go in. LOL!

Ireland was all but depopulated for cheap slaves after hundreds of years of brutal oppression and slvery.

Google Irish slavery and oppression....it will hurt your feelings... a lot.

link   
The issue of bigotry in America, or anywhere, is a topic guaranteed to expose raw nerves.

No one likes being accused of being a bigot. Yet some are so very willing to toss the accusation.

Or to buy into racial/bigoted stereotypes...

One of the most popular is how horrible America is in matters pertaining to bigotry. Most of you obviously aren't old enough to remember the glorious days of Jim Crow. Or the days when being gay was a literal death sentence in some places, and certainly not socially acceptable most anywhere...

I'm barely old enough. But I knew people who lived in the South during those days...one was a child of former slaves. He could remember the Night Riders. Or the days when the Klan ruled the South in many places, or were powerful enough to march in force in Washington DC...right down Pennsylvania Ave.

This is

what the South used to be. Or poor sharecroppers fearing the sound of horses in the night. Or young girls getting blown up in a church.

Then the civil rights movement lead by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, and others, began the work that changed this. The work continues.

But the work was done by a multi-racial grouping of folks from all walks of life. Rich. Poor. Black. White. Catholic. Jew. ...and many, many others. The commonality? A knowledge that this isn't right. ...and we need to change it.

We. Not just blacks. Not just whites. Not just democrats. Not just republicans. Not just anyone. Everyone.

My mothers friend moved to the northwest in the twenties to get away from the Jim Crow in Alabama... He'd be the first to applaud the changes that have taken place. ...and he'd have been the first to say much work still remains. He'd also tell those who support some sort of separate protests they're stronger together than separate.

Separate? Isn't that what's lead to this point?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

It's true actually. The Irish were seen as subhuman as late as the late 1800s.

But either way, if we follow the logic of racists, everybody should be paying reparations to everybody else. It would never end.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What separate protests are you referring to?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You do see the double standard though ?

It's just it seems white people are confused why we are taking the brunt of it.

I'm not sure what double standard you mean... Or how we're taking the brunt of anything. Can you explain?

We are all subject to the same Cops. Do I think Blacks get the worst of it...Yes

Absolutely! That is the bigger picture. The law enforcement corruption in this country is as bad as the political corruption. And we are all victims of that.

But this story is about a subset of that, wherein black men (and boys) are being killed by white cops and not facing any legal consequences. And showing the exception (where a white kid is killed by a black cop) only proves the rule. Yes, there are exceptions here and there (I know of one). But as you say, blacks are getting the worst of it. They want to fight for their lives. Who am I to step in their protest and insist that I protest how I want to? Who am I to make it about me? It's about them.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You're being a tad too literal, aren't you?

The implications of this whole thread, whether correct or not, is that others who aren't black aren't really welcome to participate in certain aspects of the protests. There will be people involved who aren't going to welcome anyone who isn't black...the which you know very well.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The implications of this whole thread, whether correct or not, is that others who aren't black aren't really welcome to participate in certain aspects of the protests. There will be people involved who aren't going to welcome anyone who isn't black...the which you know very well.

And what is the problem with that?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: oblvion

It's true actually. The Irish were seen as subhuman as late as the late 1800s.

But either way, if we follow the logic of racists, everybody should be paying reparations to everybody else. It would never end.

I agree completely.

My point was blacks act like they had it so bad.. yet my ancestors had it much worse...and we arent whinig about it and using it as a crutch for criminal behavior.

We are just living regular lives like regular law abiding citizens...why is that too much to ask of any American?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I mean, by asking whites to stay out of the lie down and stand with them.

I would not care. But, I can see how people can say ""Hey, wait a minute".

When I heard that woman yell "Die White People" I was stupefied.

Die ? Really ?

Cops need some sensitivity training...Some others just need to learn to show some class.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What is wrong with that is, in itself, segregation. It carries with it the implication that a person with dark skin is superior to someone with light skin in that area. That, by definition, is racist. Plain and simple. Had they said something to the effect that "if you don't live here, we wish you would not join this as it's a resident issues and therefore our protest".

Now THAT would be a valid segregation based not upon race or physical appearance.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yeah hey? It is still the same bus so what's the difference if they are told to ride in the back?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You're being a tad too literal, aren't you?

That's a bad thing?

The implications of this whole thread, whether correct or not, is that others who aren't black aren't really welcome to participate in certain aspects of the protests.

Correct or not? It didn't happen. That should be the end of it because now you're (plural) just assuming that it's okay to discuss a possibility as if it already happened, then if it does... assumptions like this will incorrectly add weight to actualities. Not really a social issue until it actually happens, is it?

There will be people involved who aren't going to welcome anyone who isn't black

Maybe, probably. Racism is a mental illness that doesn't know a skin color. It's not okay to indiscriminately apply that label to white people, why would it be okay to apply indiscriminately to black people?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join