It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians- what do US bases portend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As it seems ever more likely that the American presence here will increase, considering the situation in the Korean peninsula, doesnt it seem likely that North Korea will be the next target?
I'm not sure but is it possible that Pine Gap station is already being used for covert intelligence gathering etc..
The way I see it, it increases Australia's profile even more and increases the possibility of 'terror attacks'
Ozzies, your word?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
To tell the truth i support US bases in Australia. I am Aussi btw. Frankly id prefer US bases coz 1 it means theyll help us out if the ship hits the fan. And 2 simply to stick it in the face of these 'terrorists' to show that we aint scared.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Damn straight. I agree with having US bases in Australia 100%. They're our mates.

The Pine Gap station was being used way b4 the war in Iraq started. It gets used all the time for gathering information around the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
so, it doesn't seem you guys have a problem with the US having bases in Australia.

And for the record, I'd support an Aussie base in the US.

France on the other hand....

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We've had a close relationship with the US since WW2 this is only a natural progression of our close alliance. Quite frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened years ago, considering Australia's strategic postion.

There will be as in any democracy, detractors of this proposition, but I'm very sure the majority of Australians would welcome the presence of US forces.

Living in Sydney most of the time it is amazing to see the public turnout to have a look at a US carrier and her support ships. Unfortunately the wait is so long I haven't had the opportunity to go aboard one.

new topics

top topics

join