a reply to: skalla
1. Holiday home - I live in my home during the holidays, so I'm going to say yes!
3. A cleaner - I clean my home, so yes!
4. A nanny - My wife and I both take care of the baby. Plus we have two pitbulls, which are nanny dogs! So yes again!
5. Frequent shopping trips to other cities - The nearest medium sized city (Escanaba) is 45 minutes away, big city (Marquette) is an 90 minutes away,
and metropolis (Green Bay) is three hours away. So yes!
10. A wine cellar - We have an IKEA wine rack in the basement. Yes!
11. A summer house - Again, I live in my home in the summer. Yes!
12. A home gym - We own a treadmill. Yes!
13. A car ‘for weekend use’ - We use the car on the weekend. Yes!
15. A personal numberplate - I'm the only one with that license plate, even if it is not personalized. Yes!
16. A hot tub - Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom close enough? Then, yes!
19. A small orchard in the garden - Apple trees in the back yard. Yes!
20. A home cinema system - HTIB count? Yes!
22. Shops in high-end supermarkets - We do go to the nicer of the two supermarkets. Yes!
23. Electric garage doors - Yes!
24. A wet room - The basement does flood every so often. Yes!
25. Designer luggage - Someone had to design it, right? Yes!
26. Attends horse racing - Do the dog tracks count?
29. A TV larger than 55 inches - Projector screen, yes!
33. A TV in every room - One in two of the three bedrooms and one in the living room. I'll count that as yes!
35. A fridge with an ice dispenser - Yes!
36. 400 thread count sheets - Hah! We don't mess for less than 600. No! (But yes!)
37. A pedigree dog - Pedigreed chinchillas count? Yes!
38. A wine cooler - Yes!
43. A lazy Susan - Yes! (We have three in the kitchen)
49. On first name terms with pub landlord - Not since we moved. But previously, yes!
A whopping 25!
I think a good amount of it is perspective. A lot of my yes answers wouldn't count for high society.