It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Wanted: 1,000 full-time, permanent federal and contract employees

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

These good paying jobs draining from an already deep in debt and deficit government, to provide a means for illegal immigrants to legally milk the system for even more...

So the best thing to do would be to deport them right? Wait a minute that costs money too and when they are gone we see no return for the money we put out. At least by registering them and putting them into the system they will have to start paying taxes which means we will see a return for the money we have spent.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I'm not qualified.
I'm a white male...

Ahh the race card. It's not just for minorities anymore.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What makes you think these immigrants will ever make enough money to pay taxes?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I'm not qualified.
I'm a white male...

And you thought only liberals could play the race card.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

What makes you think these immigrants will ever make enough money to pay taxes?

Why bother with working when you can now legally get free healthcare, and government checks?

Stay home and make babies!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No sense of humor?

Also, there may not be race or gender requirements, per se, but I guarantee that if all they hired were white males because 1000 of them happened to be the most qualified individuals, they'd have a lawsuit on their hands. There's a certain expectation of diversity in federal employment--being white could easily (but not officially, of course) disqualify them from the job once a certain number of white people were hired.

It's called "affirmative action," and dispraportionately affects the most qualified individuals negatively. (I'm not saying white males are the most-qualified for anything, i'm just using that to make a point)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

This must be the equality MLK, Jr. was after...a race card that everyone could use equally and without discrimination.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

When everyone is special, No one is.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: xuenchen

Is there anywhere I can move that will give me the same treatment?

Yeah the UK thanks to tony blairs actions our borders are wide open and our welfare free to the world......

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen I personally would not lift a pencil to help 1 single illegal fill in any paperwork. Especially if they are not following the rules to EARN citizenship. I understand the desire to come to America. However, there is a right way and a wrong way to get to America. Walking across the border uncover of darkness and avoiding the Border Patrol and other agencies is WRONG.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
They should just hire a thousand of the immigrants to shovel and blow snow, they could get them for half the price.

Then tax the hell out of them because their ancestors did not pay for all the roads and bridges we have built. They have some catching up to do.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: xuenchen I personally would not lift a pencil to help 1 single illegal fill in any paperwork. Especially if they are not following the rules to EARN citizenship. I understand the desire to come to America. However, there is a right way and a wrong way to get to America. Walking across the border uncover of darkness and avoiding the Border Patrol and other agencies is WRONG.

I dont get the desire.

But I guess if your from a third world # hole a first world # hole is still a improvement!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Creating jobs is always good, why complain?

Not really. especially when they are GOVERNMENT jobs.

Which means MORE moeny we be paying, and getting NOT A GD thing in return.

That's on top what illegals are going to cost us.

Government jobs do not, and NEVER have introduced new wealth in to the system.

It only redistributes it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Did you read my whole post or just that line?

Don't misunderestimate my sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

yeah, but federal paychecks (derived from taxed income) also get taxed at the federal level, so, hooray for perpetual taxation on the same money!

So, it does create new wealth, just for the gov't.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

yeah, but federal paychecks (derived from taxed income) also get taxed at the federal level, so, hooray for perpetual taxation on the same money!

So, it does create new wealth, just for the gov't.

Blah that doesn't mean anything.

It just means the government pays itself still from us.

And then we pay more with their SS,medicare, and pensions.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

he probably hired 1000 illegal immigrants

"He" who?

Obama? A president has a hard enough time getting an appeals judge approved for the circuit courts let alone go over resumes for 1000 people pushing paper in Virginia.

And since you brought it up...

Who is hiring all of these illegals? Where is the punishment for BUSINESS OWNERS? I used to live in a very rural place. The INS would show up and Make a show of hitting the farms and meat packing plants to gather illegals...they would leave with a check from the business owners for "fines" and the NEXT DAY more illegals would be cutting meat, picking crops, etc...

Until the INCENTIVE is gone for illegals, they'll keep coming...it might take some federal ass pounding prison sentences for some good red state farm folk millionaires to do it.
edit on 4-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Permanent fulltime and contract?? Wait...isn't that an oxymoron?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I wish they would make the process fair for everyone else wanting to go to the USA. As it is, my wife would have to go through a LONG process including an interview at the embassy to make it to the states.

It seems things would be easier for her to simply fly to Mexico, hop the border and skip the long drawn out bureaucratic process.

That's my main problem with this amnesty, it is not fair for the rest of the world trying to get to the US above the table and following the rules.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Philippines

It seems things would be easier for her to simply fly to Mexico, hop the border and skip the long drawn out bureaucratic process.

Believe it or not, that might just be easier !!!

But fake i.d. would help once you get here.

And it helps to know somebody already here.

I also think "foreigners" can get a non-Social Security tax i.d. number for tax purposes.

"Foreigners" own businesses in the U.S. and do so without Social Security numbers I believe.

It's tricky either way of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join