It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen Valor, FAKE Soldier gets exposed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is what happens when you glamorize the military in pop-culture and then worship soldiers as heroes.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In the most recent case(s) these guys even had church weddings in the phoney uniforms and fooled even them.

Mental illness for sure, but they were arrested nonetheless. pfttt

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: remotev1

you might be right or might be wrong, most uniform regulations are online, such as AR 670-1, which is the Army uniform standards. As seen in some of the videos, most soldiers can quote the 'uniform bible', because it was drilled into oyur heads throughout our military career. Anyone can read it and set their uniform correctly in order to fake the funk.
Fortunately, most vets can pick out the posers, just by stuff they say and their posture. You cant fake that.
edit on 12/5/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Being under 30 with a CIB with 3 stars, a Ranger Tab, and a BMI in excess of 34% in kind of a dead give away too LMAO

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Yea it's kind of funny when you know what all those patches and pins mean and represent. Then to see them on a fat ass. Pretty obvious.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Agreed!!
You know, faking it is also seen in the military, such as wearing rank/badges youre not authorized, I met one when I had to reclass going from National Guard to Active Duty in thr Army.
This guy was wearing Corporal rank, Airborne jump wings, a Combat Diver badge and a EIB badge. Somehow it was discovered he had NONE of those credentials, and was ONLY PV2!!!
Needless to say, he was kicked out of the Army, but it was funny as hell when it was discovered, and EVERYONE in the company found out!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You really cant go by that. I've been out of the Army almost 20 years now, and I'm a little (ok ok ALOT) fatter then I was when I WAS in. look here:

(I'm on the right, taken in 1991)

(On the left, taken in 2013)

edit on 12/5/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Trust me. I put on a lot of weight since being in the military too, but someone with all those badges. No way. The only cool badges I had were the 101 Airborne patch (but it was a combat badge that I got because my unit was attached to a 101 truck battalion in Iraq so I wasn't actually Airborne) and the CAB (yes CAB not CIB).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Love the pics.

Thanks for sharing them!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I remember in 45 just as it all went tits up in Berlin.
I was enlisted into the Volkssturm around April, but because of my youthful good looks, charismatic ways and sharp wit they very quickly made me up to Unterführer of the 59,000,00th Sturm Jager division of the Hitler Youth were we had to face the full force of the Russian onslaught with nothing more than the hardened Socks from under our beds, a couple of stiffer Jazz mags, and a 1lb lump of incredibly strong smelling blue cheese.

Can you smell the BS yet. ?
edit on 5-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Trust me. I put on a lot of weight since being in the military too, but someone with all those badges. No way.

Oh, sure it does.

CSB:

One buddy, was an 18D in the 5th. Big guy for a delta. While he was in, Ron married an Italian girl who could cook like no-one's business. He ETS'd, he started a graphic art company, she started catering, Ron packed on about 100 pounds over the next five years. Still real strong, but definitely Mr Porky.

Another was an echo, got out, got an engineering degree, went to work for SAIC as a designer. Bobster was also a big guy, which isn't that odd for an 18E since they wag a lot of heavy crap. But not as big as he got. He's another 300 pounder. He's still affiliated, though, in his time off from SAIC he has a horse ranch with his wife, and they teach military how to ride and maintain horses. Makes a nice side living off of it.

Another buddy who was an 18B now teaches a survival course in Alaska to businessmen. He isn't as big as Bob or Ron, but he's definitely not the shape he was by a long shot, maybe 250.

It comes down to a number of things. You don't have to stay in shape anymore. And after a bit, you don't. And you can still eat like a hog when you're around food, and you do. And then, that ol' age thing creeps up on you, and the metabolism slows, and you're working a desk, and, well, there you go.

eta: so as not to leave out Navy, we had a bubblehead and a mid 40's SEAL working for us at one point (we do hire Navy...at times) and neither of them would have been up to a 12 mile run either.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Ok I will concede that it is unlikely. As someone who never liked all the pt involved with those mos' (I even shyed away from 11b because of all the pt) I always just assume that they stay in shape all the time. A porky Ranger just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I had an acquaintance that said he was an ex Navy Seal, he bragged constantly about his time in Vietnam and all of his missions.

One day we were out with a group of people, and the bull# started to flow again, and I reached my limit.

See what this person didn't know was that a family member of mine was one of the directors/officer of BUDS from around 1967-1987, and then spent another 10 years as a high ranking officer until his retirement.

My question to this bull#ter was "What year did you graduate from your BUDS class?"

BUDS is the hell based training that Navy Seals go through to become Navy Seals, and each graduating class has a number attached to it, with all the grads listed.

I told him about the family I had in the Navy and exactly what position they held, and that it would be easy for me to verify his credentials, within a few days.

This liar then started to backpedal and say he was in a secret training program and wasn't listed. At that point I tagged him as a complete BS'r and liar.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

You really cant go by that. I've been out of the Army almost 20 years now, and I'm a little (ok ok ALOT) fatter then I was when I WAS in. look here:

Nah!

Your Cami's just shrunk.

Peace,

RT

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Bedlam
A porky Ranger just doesn't sit right with me.

If you see one on active duty, that would be...unsettling. Most of them look like whippets or dobermans.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

Ummm..."He is no fraud, despite how much you think the food is."..........Where did you pull that out of

Much as I appreciate the edumacationifying on the good DR............I was merely confirming the premise of his book...

That some things...(like green eggs)......can be quite heavenly...delicious in fact...a veritable delicacy...

The moral of that...and this story...is all about appearances and deceptions thrown in with some light hearted ribbing between mos's and services..........

I think that Homer...who just happens to hail from North Carolina...realized that...and I in no way had any intention of disparaging the good DR.....or his name...

So.....NO...green eggs and ham are definitely not fraudulent........they are quite...quite...real...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
*wipes dust off shoulder* Been awhile since I been on, *Cough*
Ahhhh!! There is the man behind the mask!!
The good ol glory days.....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Happens in the UK a lot here too.

Amount of former "SAS" you will meet you would think the entire UK army is SAS

So easy to spot once you meet a few real vets.

Absolutely, I used to spend a lot of time in Aldershot for work purposes and you could tell who the 'real' guys in uniform were - those out of their teen years were the ones who were the quietest and most polite in the room - no showing off, not attitude, sheesh, if you showed respect and said after you at the breakfast buffet (they often stayed at the same hotel or came from the local base for a meeting) they wouldn't hear of it, but would always start a conversation about anything other than their day job........ ordinary people doing an extraordinary job. Not like the posers in these videos.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm..."He is no fraud, despite how much you think the food is."..........Where did you pull that out of

who is no fraud? lost.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

How can I tell you haven't finished the story?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join