It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad State of Global Health

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
seattletimes.com...
FAST ACTING HIV STRAIN IN CUBA TROUBLES AIDS RESEARCHERS
A combination of three subtypes of HIV, can advance to AIDS in 3 years if not treated. Usually, people with HIV develop AIDS in 6 to 10 years.

wwwnc.cdc.gov...
CDC "TRAVEL NOTICES"
Polio is making a comeback in the MidEast and Africa, and the Chikungunya virus is active on all of the American continents, as well as in the Caribbean and Samoa.

wwwnc.cdc.gov...
CDC: CHIKUNGUNYA VIRUS
A single-strand RNA virus transmitted by infected mosquitos, although blood-handling infections have occurred too.
edit on 16-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.newser.com...
UCLA: NEARLY 200 MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO DRUG-RESISTANT SUPERBUG "CRE"

www.newser.com...
SCIENTISTS FIND LINK BETWEEN SUICIDE AND AIR POLLUTION

www.livescience.com...
CHEMICAL IN PLASTICS MAY ALTER BOY'S GENITALS BEFORE BIRTH

www.livescience.com...
ELDERLY "FATAL FALLS" UP OVER 150%

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
A Congresswoman from Nevada recently caused a public stir when she announced that Cancer is just a fungal infection. There is scientific merit for this idea, so please consider the following. The science has been there to prove this for years now - just scattered among many sites on different years:

newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org...
(March 2012) MAYO CLINIC REPORTS EMERGING FUNGAL INFECTION IN SOUTHWEST THAT MIMICS CANCER

www.cdc.gov...
(2013) CDC ADVICE FOR CANCER PATIENTS ABOUT FUNGAL INFECTIONS

www.sciencedaily.com...
(July 2014) RESTORED IMMUNITY SHOWN FOR CANCER-RELATED FUNGAL INFECTIONS

So this isn't a brand-new theory, linking Cancer to Fungal Infections:

drsircus.com...
(2013) IS CANCER A FUNGUS? A NEW THEORY
Cancer, according to this, is caused by "infections," and also involves "inflammation" caused by acid PH, low oxygen, low body temps, as well as nutritional deficiencies and tissue/cellular toxicity or damage.

It also links to recent research on the long-term damage of chronic inflammation and untreated infections:

www.lef.org...
HOW CHRONIC LOW-LEVEL INFLAMMATION IS ONE OF THE 10 LEADING CAUSES OF MORTALITY IN THE U.S.

I don't know about the salt water/baking soda "cure." But I put baking soda in my bedside drinking water every night, to de-acidify my stomach overnight. (Baking soda, in moderation, is also a good stool softener and teeth whitener.)

edit on 26-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Many children in the Third World die every year from "bad-environment diseases," most linked to toxic water, like dysentery, and bad nutrition.

We have the opposite problem here in the U.S. Young kids here have such a heavy vaccination schedule that, combined with the mercury in vaccines, occasionally makes a child turn Autistic.

Parents have revolted, many refusing childhood vaccines for their kids. But bringing back epidemics of whooping cough (Pertussis) isn't the answer either. But here's a new development, where parents are allowing "some" vaccinations on an extended schedule:

www.seattletimes.com...
SURVEY: PARENTS INCREASINGLY ASKING DOCTORS TO DELAY VACCINATIONS
According to a survey of doctors, more and more parents are asking to delay some of the "under 2 years old" vaccinations.

This may be a good interim solution, until (and if) parental faith is restored in non-mercury vaccinations. As well as the reasoning explained about needing repeated shots against the same diseases multiple times in one year.

(I grew up in the 1950s. Every few years you got a DPT shot, for Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetnus. And the only every-year shot you got was for Polio. There were no vaccinations yet against Measles, Mumps or Flu. So is Big Pharma treating childhood vaccinations as their Sure-Thing Cash Cow?)
edit on 2-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

The Kansas State University BioSciences Lab (Plum Island on the Plains). They don't have the facility built yet. So while they may be doing some preliminary stuff there now, they do not have full containment capability. They would not have any of the serious stuff out there at all, and they are not advertising for any jobs out there as of yet.

We also visit the city and campus regularly as alums. There is still just a giant construction site. As of last fall, it was mainly just giant cement pillars in the ground. It is very behind schedule as are most things the government chooses to do.

So this new strain of tick disease is likely a new mutation of an already existing strain or a strain that has always been there and we are just now recognizing it, this is not at all impossible.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thanks for your posts, in answer to my 12/24/2014 post on the gov. moving its animal-disease facility from New York to Kansas. If the Kansas site is just a hole in the ground, then the laboratories are either still working on Plum Island, OR the U. of Kansas is loaning them research/lab space. Do you know which?

Yes, I know how diseases can mutate and turn deadly. Some diseases are endemic to certain regions of the world, like Ebola in Africa, and that horrible disease pops up in mutated form every few years - until it mutates away from a lethal strain.

Does anyone want to discuss my Feb. 26th post, about Cancer as a Fungus?

edit on 2-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.upi.com...
SCIENTISTS SAY SALT MAY GUARD AGAINST INFECTION

While increasing your salt intake isn't recommended, a recent study suggests that salt accumulates in the skin of mice and humans "as a biological strategy for warding off infections."

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Thanks for your posts, in answer to my 12/24/2014 post on the gov. moving its animal-disease facility from New York to Kansas. If the Kansas site is just a hole in the ground, then the laboratories are either still working on Plum Island, OR the U. of Kansas is loaning them research/lab space. Do you know which?

Yes, I know how diseases can mutate and turn deadly. Some diseases are endemic to certain regions of the world, like Ebola in Africa, and that horrible disease pops up in mutated form every few years - until it mutates away from a lethal strain.

Does anyone want to discuss my Feb. 26th post, about Cancer as a Fungus?

So far as I know, KU has no level 4 bio containment either which is what this new facility will need to have. Part of the reason why KSU was chosen and uniquely situated is because of their already existing veterinary college and biological research. KU has medical school, but if you remember, there was patient at KU med who was part of the recent Ebola scare. KU med was not at all set up to handle a pathogen like Ebola which requires level 4 containment.

The closet facility of that type would be in Omaha as far as I know.

So while it's possible there is preliminary work going on, it would be work that the university labs are set up to handle, and not the things that would require serious bio-containment. It would also be highly unlikely given the amount of regulatory oversite on the transportation of such pathogens that they would be moving them to an intermediate site in the meantime. Those things would likely only be moved once on the day they transfer for top containment to top containment. It's just too expensive and too much of a PITA to do otherwise.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for your post.

According to this, Plum Island seems to be still going strong in research, focusing on "foreign animal diseases." But has nothing higher than BSL-3 laboratories, as they work on "vaccine and biological countermeasure development programs."

www.orau.gov...
RESEARCH AT PLUM ISLAND ANIMAL DISEASE CENTER

en.wikipedia.org...
NATIONAL BIO AND AGRO-DEFENSE FACILITY

www.longislandpress.com...
INTERESTING 2013 ARTICLE ON THE "MYSTERIES, MYTHS AND MONSTERS" OF PLUM ISLAND

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I think they shut down the nasty stuff out there because their labs are so dated. It's been since the 1950s after all.

They need the level 4 containment out here because you are talking about relocating work on foot and mouth disease to the heart of cattle country. That's why a lot of people are not exactly that thrilled with it being brought here.

www.usatoday.com...

Btw I thought I'd add a cornucopia of links from USA Today's investigative reporting into the recent incompetent handling of bioterror labs here in the states. It's linked to the recent breach of level 3 containment at Tulane.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've heard of the USA Today investigative reports on the CDC. Like why they built a BSL-4 facility on Galveston Island, attached to the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB).

Why would someone build a BSL-4 on a barrier island that is subject to hurricane threats every year?

www.utmb.edu...
UTMB - GALVESTON NATIONAL LAB

edit on 5-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
thehill.com...

FDA APPROVES "BIOSIMILAR" DRUGS
Biosimilar drugs aren't exact-copies of brand name drugs, like generics. Biosimilar drugs just "imitate" brand name and generic drugs.

This could lower drug costs. But since some generics are nowhere near "exact-copies" of brand-name drugs, I'd hesitate to take these "imitation" biosimilar drugs.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The disregard for the lives of others continues to astound me.

Today? Metal bits were being put deliberately into "Children's Tylenol"! What kind of mind would want to kill kids like this? And this is not just one nutjob in one town. These monsters are in FACTORIES cranking out harmful substances, like this? Do we have people rebelling against Team Obama's Immigration policy? Or an invisible race war? Or are there "computer trolls", with their psychosis and sadism, going ballistic in manufacturing jobs?

Here's one positive story today, tho':

www.newsmax.com...
ULTRASOUND CLEARS BRAIN PLAQUE LINKED TO ALZHEIMER'S
Researchers were happily surprised at "such a massive effect. I'm really excited by this."

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With all the doomgloom on this thread the population of humans on our planet goes up and up.

www.worldometers.info...

I thought Ebola may have been the corrector but thankfully No.

Live well while you can, with empathy and try to do only good.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
I think it's time for doctors to start thinking of systemic treatments- find the cause of all these symptoms (cancers, etc), allow themselves to use less harsh means of treating wounds (hello, coconut oil packed into wounds?) so that bacteria and viruses aren't going to evolve into monsters ...Find the CAUSES of all these things, and stop striving for repeat custom.

But hey- that's not profitable, is it?fml.

Its not rocket science, that Dairy consumption in the West has gone up as far as 50% of the modern western diet. Its not rocket science, to understand that, the graphs for certain diseases mimic this rise in consumption. Lets consider Prostate cancer, as just one of the hormone related cancers the West has in abundance. Its common knowledge that among the medical profession to consider an enlarged prostate as a natural cause in the male ageing process. Also to admit that in Western males over eighty that a cancerous prostate is common, but as its slow growing you usually die of something else. Probably heart disease caused by milk fats. If the Bovine growth hormone and oestrogen is excreted in the urine. Then its natural to assume that for a large amount of time the male prostate is enveloped in urine, with a hormone that is telling the prostate to grow. If the cows are injected with Monsanto's IGL1 the cow has to produce more oestrogen , to stimulate the milk ducts in the teats to lactate more. Human females have the self same hormone, but are now consuming it in milk fats, which is telling their milk ducts to produce milk even when they are not pregnant. Take this into account that it also comes with a growth hormone exactly the same as humans, and any oestrogen fed rouge cell is going to grow faster than the immune system can deal to it.

The West at the present time is killing itself, and accepting this state of affairs as normal, when it need not be so . If you follow the money its a massive money generator. But the problem isn't stopping their, the hormones get excreted into the water, and reports of androgyny in Caimans and various fish species , is being reported daily, these hormones are cell signallers and parts per million are all that's required to wreak havoc.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Good post! I think it's more basic than what you suggested. I think it's bad drinking water - whether tap or bottled.

This started decades ago, when women were on The Pill. The Pill tricks a woman's body into thinking it is already in an early stage pregnancy, so no eggs will be released or adhere to the uterine wall. And what's the first thing a woman's body does in early stage pregnancy? Gains weight!

Nature is skewed toward more value for adults, thus if the woman can't gain the weight needed to carry a fetus to term, it will naturally abort or be born dead. So the woman's body works hard to gain enough weight to feed both lives while pregnant.

And for some strange reason, sexual hormones (like in The Pill) were getting thru all the filters from our sewage treatment plants back into our drinking water. So of course we suddenly had an obesity epidemic in More Developed countries with access to The Pill!

Plus we give our crop animals too many antibiotics. (McDonald's just stopped that for their chicken nuggets.) Why else do bacterial infections that jump to people become so immune to antibiotics so fast? (You can't treat viruses with antibiotics. But Vitamin C tablets everyday can destroy most viruses.)
edit on 11-3-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hospitals in the USA are disgusting! Atleast ones I've worked at. When I say disgusting I see first hand what goes on as I'm neck deep in patient care. The biggest reason is staffing. Nurses and ancillary staff are overworked and just plain too busy. Our hospital is constantly on code diversion. My unit is not only always full but we are always going over ratio and never have the support we need. Most of the people responsible for cleaning the rooms barely speak English. The cooks are all uneducated Mexicans as well. 3/4 of the lower ancillary staff weren't even born in the U.S. probably and never probably passed high school. Our hospital is always cutting budgets. Meanwhile doctors, surgeons, admin, execs are making a killing! Doctors always play the victim how over worked and underpaid they are. BS! They might have a lot of responsibility and stress but they do very little patient care if any nowadays and spend barely 5 mins rounding on patients.
For as much as we spend on healthcare what we get in return would put most CEOs out of a job. It's attocious the waste, spending, and corruption that goes on in healthcare.
Hospitals are a dying concept anyways. So much healthcare is being done and should be done outpatient.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: anonentity

Good post! I think it's more basic than what you suggested. I think it's bad drinking water - whether tap or bottled.

This started decades ago, when women were on The Pill. The Pill tricks a woman's body into thinking it is already in an early stage pregnancy, so no eggs will be released or adhere to the uterine wall. And what's the first thing a woman's body does in early stage pregnancy? Gains weight!

Nature is skewed toward more value for adults, thus if the woman can't gain the weight needed to carry a fetus to term, it will naturally abort or be born dead. So the woman's body works hard to gain enough weight to feed both lives while pregnant.

And for some strange reason, sexual hormones (like in The Pill) were getting thru all the filters from our sewage treatment plants back into our drinking water. So of course we suddenly had an obesity epidemic in More Developed countries with access to The Pill!

Plus we give our crop animals too many antibiotics. (McDonald's just stopped that for their chicken nuggets.) Why else do bacterial infections that jump to people become so immune to antibiotics so fast? (You can't treat viruses with antibiotics. But Vitamin C tablets everyday can destroy most viruses.)

Yes good post bacachya, your right of course, but this list of environmental mishaps, including the pollution of the human body is having dire consequences. Breast, Prostate, Ovarian, cancers, Obesity, Crones disease, Diabetes, High blood pressure, Heart disease and strokes, MS. Arthritis, to name a few. Can all have a trigger with this foreign protein, being ingested in higher and higher quantities. Causing a host of immune responses. Its obvious because where Dairy isn't consumed these diseases are insignificant.

I was sitting in the supermarket car park the other day waiting for the other half to pick some shopping up, and noticed I had not seen one thin person. Some of the young boys were tall and fat. With smooth feminine looking skin, I really think that considering the dropping sperm count in western males , you haven't got to look far to see what high amounts of oestrogen is doing.

Considering the female of the species, used to start menstruating around 15 years plus, its now around 12 years and younger, leading to higher rates of cancer when they get older . I'ts again not rocket science to work out why this is a fact. Pregnant at twelve is now common.
edit on 11-3-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join