It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help ATS black speckles in my vision!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As many other have said, please go see a doctor- both Optician & MD.

I had floaters for many years & did nothing about it, then I started having a flash of bright light in the corner of my right eye- thought it was a torn retina. Turns out I was low on Potassium- which is vital for all living cells, but get checked because to much Potassium will mess with things as well.

It turns out some people can drink a bottle of Gatorade to get the needed Potassium & Electrolytes needed to keep floaters at bay. After more test it was discovered that I was actually low on Magnesium which helps the body extract Potassium from foods. Since I started Magnesium supplements my floaters & flashes of light have all gone away...as well as my Tinnitus!

Either way get checked out properly to see what is going on.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Not to be rude, but asking for health advice on a internet forum is useless. Go See A Doctor. Your eyes are nothing you want to be playing guessing games with.

I know first hand that doctors are paid to palm people of with tablets i come here first because i need to book an appointment and some people are wise and speak truth on here theres some very clever people some i can actually trust.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks all for your replies!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sostratus

I have been getting floaters and the flash of bright light in corner of eyes as well. I will try magnesium supplements.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok the day is almost gone, have you OP made an appointment with the doctor yet? Don't wait...it's probably nothing, but don't mess with your eyes....you kind of need them!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Do you rub your eyes quite a bit? Stop. I've heard that recommendation several times from people with - yep - floaters.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have crazy high BP (on meds now) and have experienced something similar. I'd describe it as visual "static" going haywire. I haven't had any issues since going on meds, though. Do you happen to know what your blood pressure is? If it's already high as it is, it could be an increase presenting itself visually. Either way, it's not good to have vision disturbances beyond the every day floater, get seen ASAP.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yes. It is the actual blood supply moving around in your eye(s). High blood pressure can cause it. Sneezing, coughing, and other ailments. I think it was the vessels in the optic nerve but don't remember exactly. Usually a streaming effect from the center inward or outward. Some people without health issues looking up at the blue sky or other bright non textured surface may see the the "light veins" that don't follow the "light streamers" so two different but similar observations.

Floaters could be debris, eye goo or scar tissue. I had a wooden board that was under stress snap and scrape my eye as a kid. Visualize a scraped knee but on the surface of my eye. It healed but I have layers of "scar tissue" that floats. Weird looking if I choose to observe them. Some floaters actually slide under or over others.

There is another issue called visual snow. looks like the static from a TV but in your vision all times. Light or dark.
Visual snow simulation

I see snow all the time and have floaters in one eye. A good coughing fit and sometimes I will see bright white streamers. On a bright day, looking at the blue sky a can also see the light veins.

In olden cartoons the Doc always asks if seeing stars? Never been knocked hard enough to experience birds though?
edit on 12/4/2014 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Could be parasites eating holes in your brain. And only the holes
showing up in your vision, are being seen. In which case seeing
a doctor, is only good for diagnosis. Prolly floaters tho.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Really? I do get a stinging sensation in my brain quite alot lately!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have crazy high BP (on meds now) and have experienced something similar. I'd describe it as visual "static" going haywire. I haven't had any issues since going on meds, though. Do you happen to know what your blood pressure is? If it's already high as it is, it could be an increase presenting itself visually. Either way, it's not good to have vision disturbances beyond the every day floater, get seen ASAP.

Ye that's what it is like!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

originally posted by: randyvs

Really? I do get a stinging sensation in my brain quite alot lately!

OMG dude you're gonna be fine. You have to eat raw snails to
get those parasites. Have you eat'n any raw snails? If you have
you're a goner.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Drinking a lot of coffee?
Taking regular doses of psuedo-ephedrine for blocked sinus'?

Å99

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
Drinking a lot of coffee?
Taking regular doses of psuedo-ephedrine for blocked sinus'?

Å99

Nope neither

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh and iv realised now that i have the mad static thing all over my vision all of the time now so its not that its different than that and iv always had the static i think but usually only notice it at night...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Btw i am only 22 so shouldn't have them things but idk

Its all dependant on what you put into your body there are over 80 thousand chemicals that they manufacture and use in the products we buy there are 75 thousand different chemicals just in tap water so although they are in minute amounts if your body cannot clear out a specific chemical then it can cause problems at any age.

Go to the optician and find out what it is then come back and tell us what you have got when you know for sure you have to put natural things in your body one of the most effective things for eyes is Squalene which is omega 2 do some research on it and you have to buy it with no cod liver oil taste as then it is not pure. olive oil is good for squalene and so are dried stinging nettles.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi Nyiah are the meds you are on statins or just the meds that weaken your arteries allowing the blood to run through them rather than clearing them out?

you might want to research Organic Sulphur this is normally the most effective way of naturally reducing your blood pressure you might want to add in some molybdenum to aid uptake although I'm not sure of the best food to get this from eggs are very good for your eyes because of the high lecithin which helps with cholesterol and also has high amounts of sulphur bearing amino acids
msm-msm.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join