It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queens Brian May says we are living on borrowed time .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wow! That doesn't help me much with my delusion that Brian May is the reincarnation of Sir Isaac Newton!

Comparison Pic

Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: hutch622
How would i know . I might be vaporised before i finish this.

A huge, city-vaporising kind of asteroid would have been spotted and tracked by the astronomers many days or weeks before the impact, giving at least some time to try to evacuate ground zero, or at least stock up on food and hide in the basement, incresing your chances of survival.

Amateur astronomers have been spotting asteroids just a few meters across beyond the orbit of the Moon, which shows how good their equipment and methods are. That said, we have the Chelyabinsk meteor, which no one spotted before the impact. Had it consisted of metal and dense solid rock, the consequences would have been much more destructive.

But on a positive note, 99% of all large (over 1km) asteroids have been found, so that reduces the chances of an unknown city-vaporising asteroid crashing into us considerably.

All things are relative. "Borrowed time" may last hundreds of years, and a city-vaporising asteroid may crash somewhere in the middle of the Pacific, causing nothing more than a huge tsunami around the coast.

Another thing to consider: dinosaurs lived uninterrupted for 160 million years.

<< 1  2   >>

join