It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice needs to be respected.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

There is something that is 10x worse than black ice: Ice with a thin layer of water over it (thin enough that you don't know it's there until you are on your back).

I've encountered it twice - first time I was on my way to school, and it covered the sidewalk (all I remember was one minute I was upright, and the next I was on top of my backpack...This happened 3 times in about 6 feet distance).

The second time could have been nasty, if I landed the wrong way - I was trying to get up on a snowbank so that a car could pass, and my foot twisted on the ice, which sent me slamming the leg into the curb, and fell on top of the leg. Thought for sure I broke something, as I wasn't able to move for about 5 minutes. Thing that irked me the most is that the guy passing me lived next door, and he acted like he didn't see me fall.

Never underestimate ice is right - it might look pretty, but there's a heart full of evil in there.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Took ya till the age of 65 to realize that one?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Ha HA. You should see if you can find them in different colors and put them in strategic places throughout the house.

LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Since moving to the States from OZ I learned the hard way how ice can break your knee cap, arm, damage a hip and tear a tendon or two.

Or I'm just old and clumsy now.

Respect the ice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join