It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My band, 'F', is opening for *the* Misfits tomorrow night! So PSYCHED!! EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
that be sweet but im assuming where talking after glen danzig misfits

still cool

but without glen they where well not good at all

The current version of The Misfits only has Jerry Only while Doyle has been playing multiple shows with Danzig coming out for Misfits songs..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

You're right on that, man! lol

The current line up is: Jerry Only, Dez Cadena, and Eric "Chupacabra" Arce.

...it'll be very interesting, if nothing else!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
i really know nothing of any of this

just my thoughts its probly not glen if im wrong tho thats badass i would only dream of meeting glen

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: EzekielsWheel

CONGRATULATIONS! Please post/embed a Youtube vid of the show here as soon as you get it up!

This is fantastic.

Hey man, I've been sanctioned for less...
and it looks like you have got an owner's approval.
Knew some names back in the day...

Look forward to seeing footage.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
u know whall im at it ima clear up something about the misfits

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

if u watch both the first one is real the second was not the misfits it was the deadlines

took alot of looking but when i first heard that song on youtube i knew the misfits it was not

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey congrats man! Gonna go listen to some Misfits now! I'd try out some "F" but....

20 eeeeeeeyes in my heaaaad~

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

HaHAaaa!!! Excellent!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I can only dream of where you are now both musically/artistically (I thunk bass in my spare time) and advice from me would probably not count for much but all I will say is:

Rock Out and have fun. Music is fun; when the crowd can see you are having fun, what you thump ain't so important. A coupla beers to take the edge off might help, but don't drink too much that your coordination is off. %->

I won't wish you luck, I'll wish you much fun and a kick-ass gig.

ETA: Listening to your music now. Umm...me like! Live this will be great and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

edit on 3/12/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 3/12/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Congratulations, man. I know how exciting that is.

Just promise us that you'll bootleg your own performance to post on ATS.

Seriously, what an experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh gawd I'm an ass. I didn't even notice the links for F at the bottom of your post.

I like...very much!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey man, congrats on the gig, that's a possible opportunity right there!

I've played in front of huge crowds before, and unless your band sucks balls, you're gonna love it!

You're already there man, so the only thing you have to worry about is just showing up with your gear and leaving a mark of yourswlf on that stage!

Embrace the moment and feed off the crowd, as I'm sure you know---the feeling of a crowd cheering YOU on is an amazing feeling --- but having a HUGE crowd rooting for you... well, that just takes you to another place!

My advice: be yourself! Don't change anything - be confident in yourself and in your band and make sure you let EVERYBODY know you're having a great time up there!

Tear that # up and report back to is when you can --- not too any people have the chance to shine in front of a big audience, but the ones that do, it's addicting, and it's definitely a drug!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Congratulations dude. Have as much fun as you can. You will be able to tell stories about this for decades.
Please try to get some pictures to share.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No! It helps a lot! Thanks for the good advice!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Fanx, Moit!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: the_philth

Thanks! I'll definitely be having fun! I'll also be posting some viddies and pics, for sure!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you! I'll be posting pics an' whatnot tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow! What an overwhelming response! Thank You, everyone for the kind words and sage advice... it's very humbling!

ATS for President!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Definitely do that! Hope it's a totally outrageous gig!

And it's like the_philth said: playing in front of a big crowd is like nothing else. I had to fortune to be in one of the (lesser) support bands at a rock festival a few times. Not a huge one, but we had about 6,000 people there. The vibe from the crowd is just incredible. You'll be buzzing for hours afterwards. Guarantee it!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Not as impressed with the Misfits current line up but I still love the band, Danzig as well. In fact I dont really listen to a lot of music anymore but when I do its usually one of the two.
Saw them live a couple of times many years ago when they had Michael Graves singing and i thought they were very good. Saw Danzig with Doyle about 3 or 4 years ago and that was awesome too.

At one point in time I was a bass player for a misfits cover band. Well we covered a lot of Misfits stuff till we had some stuff of our own. I parted ways with them a short time before they actually got some real gigs bigger than 20 people. Good luck man just keep thinking its the practice space.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If Danzig shows up, make sure you tell him "man I thought you were WAY taller", he likes that

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join