It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reality: Invisible 3D holograms that can be touched and felt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Sweet. One step closer to a true holodeck from Star Trek: TNG.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If they can be seen, why is the thread title "Invisible 3D holograms"?

I'm confused by this.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm going to add this to my "list of awesome new inventions". Scientists have been inventing some of the most amazing things these last few years. Cheers to them!

originally posted by: trollz

British scientists managed to recreate mid-air sensory experiences by controlling sound waves to project 3-D haptic holograms that can be seen and felt

“Touchable holograms, immersive virtual reality that you can feel and complex touchable controls in free space are all possible ways of using this system,”

By making many waves arrive at a focal point at the same time, a detectable pressure difference is created at that point, which exerts on a user's skin when they hit the hand.

Source

Very coool! Especially with other advances like the Oculus Rift, technology is becoming very exciting! Who knows what we will have 20 years from now? Our world will undoubtedly be very different

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hm, I would have never thought about sounds

Consider the opening verses of the bible "god spoke" and it manifested.
(I'm not a christian by the way) Or manifestation of what you need by saying it aloud.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Can you imagine clients demanding their product be physically manipulated through their website?

Dont be silly...you'd charge them non refundable up front fees for a "scope of works" then a fee for an investigative SWOT analysis...and...take the money and run. No actual physical product needed.
You have to start taking lessons from service providers and how they fleece the Govt bureaucrats with little to show for it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Holographic guns and bullets coming soon?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join