It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Joe Rogan and David Seaman had a great idea regarding body cameras on police!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There's a bit of a conundrum today in modern police departments. We are at the point we can have auto driving cars which would eliminate a huge income from driving related tickets. And the legalization of recreational drugs is seriously being discussed which will remove a HUGE portion of the money out of the system..

What then?

Well body cameras could be a serious source of income. You open up your normal patrolman to the world by streaming his cameras live for some sort of fee. Cam girl meets cops. Obviously you don't want detectives or Narc cops or anyone needing operational security streaming live but your every day on patrol cops might eventually welcome it. Cops could aspire to be heroes again.

What's everyone's thoughts? I know a lot of cops are against body cams but this could be an avenue to open them up to it, idk I garantee you it would be a hit tho lol.

edit on 3-12-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Some quarters of society would probably pay a lot of money in the hope of seeing some form of violence, so you could be on to something.

Just hope it doesn't produce too many snuff films.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
if joe rogan is down, then im down.
he's awesome all the way around

plus his jitsu is sick

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I think if they have the body cameras and know someone could be watching live they would probably keep their act together as much as possible. Even more then just having the cameras too I reckon, there's always that chance of the footage "disappearing" when it isn't a live stream too, maybe an extra layer of oversight?

And grovit your not kidding. He's a bad dude. Great logic. Admits when he's wrong. great person for sure. His podcast is amazing. 582 episodes of genius awesomeness.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

And grovit your not kidding. He's a bad dude. Great logic. Admits when he's wrong. great person for sure. His podcast is amazing. 582 episodes of genius awesomeness.

no doubt.
people think he is just a dumb ass comedian, fear factor host.

joe is very smart. he tells it like it is. he admits when he is wrong.
he advocated for legalization and such...things i car about anyway.
he has done a lot for the sport of mma.

he's just an awesome guy...

i would love to roll with joe. i used to pal around with a guy that rolled with joe at 10th planet a couple times..he said joe is solid as a rock and would ruin people on the mat...very humble though.

i just think he's cool

plus his stand up is funny as hell

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I wanna see his new one on Comedy Central bad. "Rocky Mountain high" I've seen a couple excerpts and it looks hilarious.

ive just recently found his pod cast a couple weeks ago and I'm so hooked. My girlfriend just today was like "I'm so sick of his voice!!" lol. It's so genius. Genuine discussion and realizations. He's got guests like Neil degrassi Tyson that come and drop some serious info and other times he's got comics and they just crack jokes, it's pretty awesome, our generations bob and Tom IMO.

the one with mike baker from the CIA is pretty eye opening too.. Made me look at snowden in a very unflattering light that I hadn't even thought about.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea to put cameras on cops but Police should want to be police, because they want to protect and serve. Not for fame and recognition. Not that i wouldn't sit and watch hero cop compilations. That could be awesome. I would certainly rather get on here and talk about how our police are acting like heroes instead of when they are raping and killing. It's pretty hard to talk your way out of rape charges when your recording. The funny thing is, its hard to falsly accuse a cop of wrong doing when he has a camera too. Honestly, i can't think of one reason why they should not have cameras and audio any time they are on duty.

I figure the only reason they don't wear them now is because they are not worried about accusations, valid or false. They will not be punished either way anyways.

a reply to: mindseye1609

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

all his podcasts are you youtube

for standup
talking monkeys in space
and
live from the tabernacle

he has the best bit on the story of noah...its fantastic

trust me man...

watch it

i dont know if that clip shows it all but he goes on to say how even an 8 year old retarded boy would have some questions with the story..from there it is just awesome
edit on 3-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

O ya he's got some pretty classic religious bits. The Noah's ark one had me in tears lol. That whole stand up special is pretty amazing, "IF BIG D|[# PILLS WERE REAL, THEY WOULDNT BE SOME SECRET IN THE BACK OF DIRTY MAGAZINES," very honest joe, very honest lol

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I definitely think there are many reasons why they are still fighting them, cost being one. I'm sure some dirty cops are worried just as I'm sure some clean cops are worried about something going wrong. It's a lot of responsibility that cops should probably already aspire too but I think somehow over the years it's changed, for many reasons, but it's changed.

It's our duty to try and bridge this gap and eliminate this "us vs them" mentality. However it got started, whosever fault it is, we can squash it and reunite the people.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just imagine all the hilariously terrible lies one NYPD cop hears in a week. I'd pay something like good money to watch that.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Cops are required to test everything they carry before they leave the station; their side arm, radar gun, etc.

Everything except their attitude. Cams could 'check' that. Especially cams monitored by remote agencies.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UserNameIsREDACTED

Lol it really would be hilarious. police would gain so much understanding too, showing the world just how much nonsense they actually have to deal with.

would knowing your being watched by an Internet audience change the way we interact with the police? Obviously not for drunks and people on pcp and whatnot but would your average police interaction change from the civilians point of view?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And I think that's one of their big arguments. Even if it's not what they publicly argue I'm sure ego is a big reason some of these guys don't want the cams.. Money could check that. Just imagine setting it up so the most popular cops get bonus's, could really be a driving factor. Hell on the podcast they even talk about tipping police live with bitcoins directly from the person they are protecting.. All the old ladies can tip for taking drug dealers off the street or whatever.. Could be very lucrative and effective. It's such a weird idea... But it seems like it could really work lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Public office should be in the public eye. After all they have the power of life and death.

I don't mean on their break or in the pisser. On duty, on call, as soon as they are called the cam switches on, when done its off. Nobody will review unless there is a need to.

Look at all the flap about what happened in Ferguson. One lapel cam would have removed any doubt.

Personally it would never have happened... but thats just my big fat "O".

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cops are required to test everything they carry before they leave the station; their side arm, radar gun, etc.

Everything except their attitude. Cams could 'check' that. Especially cams monitored by remote agencies.

Sounds the rationale, all my home cams can be broadcast to my mobile if I wanted, but they are static and there still needs to be connectivity to where I am. My guess is that body cams 'live' would a slice short of the full loaf, the bits missing should be in a recording though in the Cam. But you see where I'm going!
This is the digital age and it's shiite.
edit on 3-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

That's definitely the traditional thinking behind the body Cameras. Treat them like the car cameras. Only review when needed... How many times has that footage came up missing tho? I personally have heard of a case.

The live monitoring by a third party adds a whole nother layer of oversight which is good Imo. It would create a bunch of jobs. An entirely new market for most police forces, could be the incentive to make them a reality

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

The live monitoring by a third party adds a whole nother layer of oversight which is good Imo. It would create a bunch of jobs. An entirely new market for most police forces, could be the incentive to make them a reality

I agree it's a good idea for police to wear cams, an A to B live footage is a broadcast and cannot be guaranteed though.
What is needed is a recording device for all police at the minimum, Darren Wilson was in a car with no video cam for instance..cheap as chips??

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'd like to believe that would submit to that, but I know they won't To much corruption at the top. Politics is in bed with crime and the police are sometimes asked to look the other way or in fact involved in enforcement and shady business. Can't have cameras monitoring that.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I just asked myself today "where's the dash cam footage or audio recording of the scuffle?"

That's the reality. Threse cops can't even afford cams for their cars. The earning potential of a ustream style Internet cop show could pay for go pros on every corner of ever car lol and 6 on each cop!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join