It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District Attorneys responsible for police brutality! Our justice system is corrupt top to bottom. PE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to break it to you folks but the problem isnt awareness. Body cameras wont help. We already have plenty of videos because of smart phones. The problem is the prosecution working deals for police officers in exchange for their testimony in pre trail for leveraging plea bargains to keep their conviction % as high as possible.

How do you think the DAs office keeps their conviction rate so high in every county, its in the 90% range in most places, look it up.

What happens is the prosecution uses a police officer's testimony as evidence in most cases to press charges against defendants who cant afford their own attorney. The DA calls them to the stand in pretrail and uses it as a scare tactic against defendants. It works. The way they persecute cases is completely different in cases where people have their own attorneys.

The reason they do this is because district attorneys run for office. What that means is if they have a lower then average conviction rate they receive peer pressure from other counties and from the city council.

Another reason for this is because they need to increase the budget. Why? I have no idea... but they do! Thats why they have quotas and thats why youll get charged for something you didnt do and later on in pretrail the charges will get dropped.

Our entire justice system is not a system of justice is a corporation making money thats it.

Dont believe me? Ohh.. guess youve never been in a criminal court room before. I mean look at the numbers in your town to confirm.
edit on 12/3/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

On point though confusing this issue with corporations isn't useful. Corporations are just as corrupt as they can get away with and are no different than individuals wherever they are and whatever their responsibilities are, be they roving bands of barbarians sacking towns and raping villagers or supervising state interests.

Sometimes it is difficult to differentiate between them.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Im trying to find numbers for conviction percentage rates in my county but im having a hard time maybe someone can help point me in the right direction?

Also im looking for numbers on how many cases go to trial but i dont know where to find this information can anyone help?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I am glad you are finally seeing the REAL problem!

The police protect the lawyers and judges. It would be kind of stupid for those criminals to indict those who they call upon to protect them wouldn't it?

I said it a while ago towards those showing so much hate towards the police, your focus is wrong!

Look towards the politicians, lawyers and judges, instead of those who are doing their bidding! Very soon, the police will realize they are being used and once they get it, I would rather be with them than against them.

Get it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh i know i fought a felony assault charge for over a 1 1/2 years and had 2 charges dropped due to lack of evidence. I did it on my own from jail with no outside help asking everyone questions and reading law books.

First hand knowledge.

I wish i had known more because i woulda got my felony dropped to a misdemeanor which would be more realistic. First and last time getting in trouble for something 10,000's of people do everyday in this country. Getting into a drunk fight.

Everyone is focused on the wrong solution to this problem we need to get the message out.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Im having trouble deciphering your post can you help me out?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: greencmp

Im having trouble deciphering your post can you help me out?

I was just including a small note regarding the conflation of unprovoked police violence with the supposed evils of corporations (or corrupt politicians). These are different issues and each requires a thoughtful evaluation unhindered by unnecessary correlation.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I disagree. I think body cameras will have an effect when police are on duty, but I don't think they will fix our injustice system. They are only a start on one of many problems. Fixing our system is going to require the people to hold our public servants accountable for their actions, or lack thereof. But that isn't going to happen until the people are forced from their comfort zone.

Unfortunately, people seldom act against injustice until it knocks on their front door, and becomes personal.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree with you that it will in the future help enable us in holding them accountable.

It's a step in the right direction but this problem is the problem with police accpuntability

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I disagree. I think body cameras will have an effect when police are on duty, but I don't think they will fix our injustice system. They are only a start on one of many problems. Fixing our system is going to require the people to hold our public servants accountable for their actions, or lack thereof. But that isn't going to happen until the people are forced from their comfort zone.

Unfortunately, people seldom act against injustice until it knocks on their front door, and becomes personal.

Why is it that the solution to any problem anymore is treating the symptom?

Are we that gullible?

Your right though! The problem isn't going to be solved by attacking the police, but those who granted them the privilege of abusing the citizens they police!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Not always, but sometimes the root of a problem rears its ugly head when you start cutting off its ability to manifest through the symptoms it has created.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Enough...

Both of these wastes of human life would be alive today.

If they simply did not resist arrest.

We have a system. Fight the Cops you will lose.
edit on 3-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Your perspective is garbage.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Why ?

It's true. You can't take on four cops.

You can't try to take a Cops gun.

I agree some cops are roided out bald criminals.

But, don't try and fight them on the street.

You will lose. They will make sure of it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thats not the point what are you even talking about?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I have no idea where you live, but I have yet to see a LEO testify in any pre-trial hearing. Like ever. Seriously. Saying that DAs work deals for officers is a bit ambiguous. I don't understand what kind of deal they'd be working, because the arresting officer is required to show up at court, and testify of need be, at trial (not pre trial) regardless of any deals worked out in pre trial. And even if a deal is worked out in pre-trial, chances are the officer is going to be in court anyway because officers typically have set court dates. If your DA and judges are using pre-trial meetings to conduct trials without affording people the opportunity to obtain a court appointed attorney that's a huge issue, and you should probably do something other than post about it on ATS.

As far as body cams go, I would say the numbers disagree with you. Use of force goes down, complaints go down, professionalism goes up.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Let me apologize, i may be coming off harsh.

The point is holding people accountable for their actions as a solution to issues with violence and sexual misconduct.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Thats not the point what are you even talking about?

It certainly is the point.

You don't like Cops...OK

Change the system the right way.

We aren't too far apart on that.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Could you imagine how hard it would be for the district attorney to win cases without compliance with police departments?

They are unionized.

The deal is they continue to help as long as when its their turn they get off easy.

This is known this isnt a secret its just not in the public consciousness.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yes I can imagine. What I can't imagine is police officers refusing to testify because they're like...required to. Don't show up to court = get fired unless you have a real good excuse. And even if you don't show up for a good reason, the cases all get moved to your next court date unless a plea deal is worked out, in which case the plea is entered and finalized.

Ahh now you've edited and answered. So the deal is: we'll show up to court like we're required to, and testify like we're required to, as long as you take it easy on us if and when we get ourselves arrested? So basically the LEOs commit to doing what's required of them anyway whether the DA takes it easy on them or not.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join