It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Resolution: Israel Must Renounce Nuclear Arms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think it's about time...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nemithesis

If they don't will we see UN resolutions and sanctions against them?.
I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Who is going to enforce something so stupid? They'd be blown away in minutes....
We're not surrounded by people wanting to kill us daily. Taking our holy sites and perpetually acting the victim but doing absolutely nothing to end the violence.
The middle east tells the west, and shows it, what they want us to see. Truth is no one will destroy Israel or its people. No one will take the weapons either. Do you want to see the whole of Israel wiped off the map.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nemithesis
I think it's about time...

abcnews.go.com...

But, but, but, but... how are the poor, mercilessly persecuted and oppressed israelis going to deter a hoard of 8 year olds with small road stones from annihilating them if they dont have hundreds of secret nuclear weapons ready to launch at a moments notice?!

edit on 12/3/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There has been an increase in the questioning of Israel, I wonder what's at play. Are the creating another hotspot for potential conflict? Like the whole recognizing of the Palestinian state. Not that it matters cause it was their country to begin with.

That aside, I wonder... Timing is everything. Bibi will do some stupid stuff if they drive him into a corner.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What I take away from that article is the fact the the United states and Great Canadia backed Israel.... Along with some non issues probably attempting to jockey favor but the big picture is the United states and Canada backed them... Ugh..

So ... Does Israel and Saudi arabia get along? Idk why that just popped into my head but is Saudi arabia burdened with the oversight? Did they vote in nato against Israel? Il report back if no one has the answers.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
More controlled opposition.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

If they don't will we see UN resolutions and sanctions against them?.
I don't think so.

The UN has placed numerous resolutions against Israel but nothing is ever done about it because of America. As long as America is in Israels hip pocket Israel will be able to do as they please.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So long as Israel has defense and tech ties with the US, UK, France, Russia, China, India and just about every modern nation these resolution will never be anything more than wasted paper.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wait...how can they renounce something they don't apparently have?

Hm...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I dunno I feel support for them is waning....here in the UK at least seeing our government pissed them off by announcing that we recognize the Palestinian people.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Lmfao ... good joke .. we all know that as usual when it comes to israel not a damn thing will be done to enforce a u.n resolution against them ..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Wow! All i've got to say is this is the kind've crap you get when you have a Muslim in the white house. So the one none Muslim country in the Middle East is supposed to give up the one real deterrent it has against all the Muslim countries surrounding it who want them dead lol God the UN is so useless. Anybody here who supports this has their head so far up their you know what that its crazy. People are always whining about Israel doing this, doing that. But its all just propaganda, and i'm not jewish. I support Israels right to exist.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And what would you have the US do? Let them get slaughtered? What have they done to deserve that? To be honest they are the only country in the whole Middle East who doesn't hate America/Europe to its core. Every other country there hates the US, even its allies. Most Muslim countries live for the day that only Muslims exist on this planet. What do you think the US would do if Canada and Mexico publically stated all the time that they wanted nuclear weapons, because they want to destroy every last American? I really don't understand how anyone can have as much distain and hate for them like everyone here apparently does.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And what does the US say about this resolution? It "fails to meet the fundamental tests of fairness and balance. It confines itself to expressions of concern about the activities of a single country." Since when does the US government care about fairness and balance? And why is poor Israel being singled out? Perhaps because they are the only nuclear member state that constantly disregards UN measures, and who will not even admit to having nuclear weapons precisely so they can avoid this exact scenario, which will just further alienate them from the rest of the modern nations, etc...I think that Israel's representatives saying that Israeli-Palestinian peace must precede such talks is sort of an admission in itself. They know good and well there will never be such peace, considering they would never accept a Palestinian state, so what they are basically saying is "we are not going to comply with any UN resolution if we don't wish to." Consider how brazen a nation has to be to completely disregard the opinions of over 150 other nations, while being supported by only 6. And that goes for the US and other nations who are supporting Israel in this. I mean at some point you have to realize that the rest of the world is against you for a reason...And it is not because they dislike Jews.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN, the Israeli's know that there Nuclear arsenal is the only thing protecting them and they will never comply with this no matter what the UN call's for, they would rather use them first as they know to give them up will leave them exposed to conventional attack, they have as of 1980's estimates in excess of 240 nuclear missiles equiped with warheads ranging from over 5 megaton up and have targeted all potential threat's so that in the case of them losing to invader's they will enact a burned earth policy and destroy saudi, iraq, iran, egypt, lebannon, syria, jordan etc.

They have already faced extinction of there state once and swore like they did after the holocaust NEVER AGAIN so god help anyone that tries to take away there ability to strike back and it will NEVER HAPPEN.

The UN are an impotent bunch of Jackasses anyway.

This resolution was put forward by the Arab state's who hate israel and have a vested interest in attacking the state of Israel, many of those nation's behind it actually vehemantly deny Israel has a right to exist as a state so this show's the level of there own hypocrisy when they go to the UN to get a resolution against Isreal using the Assembly as a weapon against the state of Israel, to be quite frank how many of them have secret project's themselve's, you can bet your bottom doller that the US has looked the other way while Saudi have ran there own nuclear project's.

Anyway Iran are getting aid from Russia and China so it is only a matter of time before they develop there own stockpile of weapon's grade material and build there own bomb's, they claim they only want power, yeah right sure we believe them boy's and girl's don't we.

SO if anything should Israel disarm itself for whatever reason then there would be a sudden shift in power toward the Islamic State's (now Saudi and Persia do not like one another but?).
edit on 3-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Combined Arab armies have not attacked Israel since 1973.On or around when Israel allegedly acquired nuclear weapons.They should give up their their only serious defense why?Never happen.
edit on CSTWedpm3761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76

Wow! All i've got to say is this is the kind've crap you get when you have a Muslim in the white house. So the one none Muslim country in the Middle East is supposed to give up the one real deterrent it has against all the Muslim countries surrounding it who want them dead lol God the UN is so useless. Anybody here who supports this has their head so far up their you know what that its crazy. People are always whining about Israel doing this, doing that. But its all just propaganda, and i'm not jewish. I support Israels right to exist.

I don't usually reply to these baited arguments however 'once-in-a-while' someone will say something that just causes me to break out in response (kinda like Bruce Banner when he gets angry). SO you're it.

Have you ever lived in the MIddle East? Have you ever lived in Israel? Have you ever looked at the facts of the countries involved or are you spewing regurgitated rhetoric of western propaganda?

If you want the truth about the situation, you can get it in a factual manner without bias however you seem very adamant in your assumptions about your stance. If you are open to learn, stop making statements about things you obviously have no knowledge.

Peace out!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Yeah i've been there, and yeah i totally think you don't know what your talking about, and yeah i OBVIOUSLY know more about it than you do. Obviously you only regurgitate what you have been told, so this will be the last i talk to you about this.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Royal76

I've been there too. And it seems more like: so you're playing Monopoly and the power goes out. When the lights shut off your friend steals that hotel from boardwalk. You keep fighting back and forth about who took what and when, but nobody seems a damned bit concerned about why the lights went out in the first place...

you seem passionate, I admire that. But to be blind enough to keep on with these "right to exist" arguments while you are apparently "there" seeing that wall and the millions on the other side, well that's a person very overly concerned with a plastic hotel on a plastic board game.

I always tell people I'm Jew(ish) by blood (moms side). But its way more complicated than "right to live"

No disrespect intended, I'm just giving my 2 cents. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join