It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Indictment for Officer in NYC Chokehold Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I understand that being a Police Officer is stressful and that officers need to be able to do their jobs but come on...Another jury releases a cop after a young person who's Black dies from that cop's choke-hold....? Are the PTB trying to start something in the US?

A grand jury cleared a white New York City police officer Wednesday in the videotaped chokehold death of an unarmed black man who had been stopped on suspicion of selling loose, untaxed cigarettes, a lawyer for the victim's family said.

The decision in Staten Island not to indict Officer Daniel Pantaleo threatened to add to the tensions that have simmered in the city since the July 17 death of Eric Garner - a case that sparked outrage and drew comparisons to the fatal police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

I don't know what to say about this. There is clear video evidence of this whole event, yet no indictment...nothing. I think fear drives a lot of these behaviors of White cops in Black neighborhoods but that's just my opinion. What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about this one. Cops are just getting to eager to project massive violence. On the other hand Im sure a lack of aggression could lead to the cop being the one getting hurt or killed.

Unlike Ferguson I think the cop could have easily been indicted based on the video alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

On the other hand Im sure a lack of aggression could lead to the cop being the one getting hurt or killed.

Possibly. It's a very fine line to draw and when the stakes are life or death things can get dangerous really fast.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The people need to stand up against the police to remind them they work for us to protect and serve (US).

I can't stand the police in my city, I am retired military, no criminal record, and when I greet a police officer on the street they don't even acknowledge me or just glare back as if they are trying to intimidate.
edit on 3-12-2014 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread.

new topics

top topics

join