It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare author: Health law is 'really complicated'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Now we have yet another ObamaCare "author" who is second guessing the whole thing.

U.S. Senator Tom Harkin has comments......

Hmmm. Maybe Democrats are attempting to distance themselves after the shellacking a few weeks ago?

Are they afraid of something?

ObamaCare author: Health law is 'really complicated'

Sen. Tom Harkin, one of the co-authors of the Affordable Care Act, now thinks Democrats may have been better off not passing it at all and holding out for a better bill.

The Iowa Democrat who chairs the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, laments the complexity of legislation the Senate passed five years ago.

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress.

What Should Be Changed ?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well DUH!

I am sure you and I both know that trying to read ANY LAW that is passed by our wonderful government, damn near requires a law degree and a staff of researchers to understand what exactly the law means?

It isn't by accident that things are written by our lovely and caring government in a manner that the average citizen has to hire a lawyer to interpret it now is it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wait, I am confused. I thought Grueber was the author?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo
Wait, I am confused. I thought Grueber was the author?

"One OF" the authors apparently.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And I bet different lawyers would yield different opinions.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And I bet different lawyers would yield different opinions.

I know, right?

So now we know, not only numbers can be manipulated but lawyers manipulate words?

My brain is about to explode!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What Should Be Changed ?

Ending Medicare, and Medicaid, and put them both back to where they belong in the private market.

There are over 100 million people on those two programs alone. That have been taken out of the private sector.

That influx of people would decrease the cost of healthcare.

People would get better coverage.

And would shrink the national debt significantly.

That is what should be done, but it will never be done.

Healthcare isn't complicated at all.

The entire function of healthcare insurers is the pay the GD hospital bills.

Always has been.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What Should Be Changed ?

Ending Medicare, and Medicaid, and put them both back to where they belong in the private market.

There are over 100 million people on those two programs alone. That have been taken out of the private sector.

That influx of people would decrease the cost of healthcare.

People would get better coverage.

And would shrink the national debt significantly.

That is what should be done, but it will never be done.

Healthcare isn't complicated at all.

The entire function of healthcare insurers is the pay the GD hospital bills.

Always has been.

You do realize Neo that medicare doesn't cover squat right? I hope you don't find yourself in your old age depending on it, because you might be in for a surprise!

Medicaid however, is a gold plan compared to those who are on Medicare.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blargo I would suggest the WHOLE Democratic party in DC are the authors. They did it all behind closed doors. That should have been a give-away, that something was WRONG with the bill.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

He wonders in hindsight whether the law was made overly complicated to satisfy the political concerns of a few Democratic centrists who have since left Congress.

another ignorant douchebag who doesn`t know what he was elected to do.

He was elected to write laws that benefit the people, he wasn`t elected to write laws just to satisfy a few of his colleagues.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Actually, Medicare covers a lot more than the Bronze plan I can afford....which really covers nada.
And, most seniors buy Medicare supplemental coverage.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah. Listen to what they're really saying. They're not sorry for inflicting this POS on us. They're not sorry for trying to force many millions of people to buy health insurance. They're only sorry because people are not happy about it and they lost their majority.

When they say they should have waited for a "better bill" do you think they mean a better bill that doesn't have an individual mandate of some kind or some kind of effort to take complete control over your body? Or do you think they mean a bill that wasn't quite as explicit in what it means to be forced?

top topics

join