It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have a Six Year Old daughter who thinks she's my Son...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I would be inclined to let it ride, if she wants to be a boy then let her as much as is acceptable. If your her idol then it is possible that she is trying to emulate you and your a boy so to be like you she has to do the same.

Right now you have a good few years before it will become important as at 6 years old she is not a man or a woman she is a child and thats quite a different thing.

If it were me I would be worried about trying to stop or inhibit here in case it led to issues and resentments later in life, as I said I would let it ride for now and see what happens.

a reply to: Vaedur

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
sigh... you are the parent. It IS your responsibility to make the child understand the proper, and evolutionary correct roles of not just human beings, but all mammals. This issue is strictly a human issue, and is ironically most profound in the Western so called "civilized" world. Children do NOT have the right to question thousands of years of correct human evolution. It is mind control through media.

My first son acted a bit girly around the age of five when he first got into school. So I had to school him in what it means to be a boy and a man, enrolled him in one of the local kids mma programs for the summer, and now he is a real boy, a tough boy. the way boys should be. I think its easier to get boys out of the habits that the media is intentionally tricking them into with their malevolently crafted programming and music and even books now because once you put them into a testosterone and adrenaline inducing activity the natural male instincts take over.

My daughter is only 5 months, and I would dread how to handle the situation you are currently going through. Your dilemma has me planning ahead for the possibility though. I think one of the things I will plan is making sure she only views correct female role models, that is lady like, good cooking and cleaning house wives of the past. Im not trying to relegate the female race to this fate. I am simply opining that children should not be questioning their gender roles as humans before they even hit puberty, and it is a parents job to ensure they at least maintain the correct roles until they become of mental maturity to choose for themselves.

I would cut off all exposure to TV for awhile and she uses the internet monitor what shes watching playing. You would be surprised at the conflicted gender messages some of the characters in these free online games are portraying to the youth. it is intentional. There are sick monsters running the world and they are working to rob the children of their innocence for their pedophile goals by altering the media they control and children watch to first confuse their gender roles and then hyper sexualize them with the same content.

Remember that the evil rulers of the world have spent the last six decades with the most advanced technology and brilliant minds studying EXACTLY how the human brain functions and how to manipulate it. They know exactly how to brainwash children with subtle influences, and have drafted legislation to solidify that control. We are too busy working multiple jobs just to get by to pay attention.

Hopefully your child grows out of it, but I agree that constant nurture and love is also necessary.

Try having her bake something delicious with mom, and play makeup to try to get her back on the lady side.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You forgot to write "haha only joking" at the end of your post. You nearly had me there for a minute.

Seriously though you are joking right? and if so it's in poor taste as the OP is having a hard time with this.

a reply to: DYepes

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Right now the best thing that you can do to avoid the restroom awkwardness to to try and use family restrooms whenever possible.

Jake is at an age where although he feels and knows he is a boy regardless of his anatomical makeup he still is not at an age where he fully understands the social side of things. Jake will learn this when he gets a bit older and will understand WHY he should use the women's restroom. Right now all he knows is he feels he is a boy and boys use men's restrooms.

Until then don't force the issue on him. It will just cause more confusion at this age. If a family restroom is not available then take him to the men's. If someone doesn't like it, then throat punch them and tell them to GTFO. Okay, maybe not throat punch them but definitely GTFO.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I hope that person was joking too. There is absolutely no way I would want my children anywhere near that poster if they were not joking.a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It's that kind of oppressive mentality that is wrong with our world today. I am simply sad for you sir.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I pity your child If it is a little different or even gay.
Sounds like you will beat the gay out of your kids If they happen to be so.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just love your child no matter what gender she feels she is. Some people are born in the wrong body and some people are gay or bi or heterosexual, and some people just like to cross dress, and some people are born with both gender body parts, sometimes you can see both gender parts and sometimes they are internal. And sometimes there is a twin in the womb and one twin absorbs the other, there was a case recently where a woman gave birth to children that were not hers genetically as her womb belong end or was her twins womb, she almost had her children taken away from her. Or this could be just a faze, but no matter what love and accept your child. a reply to: Vaedur

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You've got the love part handled, that's obvious. The best thing you can do is talk with a professional. Your resistance to accepting the facts of her situation could cause some real problems down the line. Both mom and dad should allow her to be who she is and support her in what she KNOWS about herself.

My Daughter Says She's a Boy

This may be just a phase for her and maybe someday, she'll start dressing like a girl. But if she's done this her whole entire life, then maybe this is who she is. Have you ever taken her to a child psychologist or a child psychiatrist? They may be able to give you some insight as to how to handle this situation. You said that you were afraid of her being teased at school, yet you don't approve of how she dresses either. How do you think this makes her feel? She lives her life knowing that her mother doesn't like the way she chooses to dress and this could do a lot of mental and emotional damage to her for the rest of her life because she knows that you're not happy with her decisions. You sound like you only accept her decisions to a certain point but as her mom, you need to be completely accepting of it and don't worry what others think.

Google "my daughter says she's a boy" and read, read, read. This is a good one...

My Daughter Dresses Like a Boy and Says She is One

41% of transgender people attempt suicide, and most of these do it before the age of 18. Suicide happens for a lot of reasons, but I think that feeling isolated has a lot to do with it. Children who feel accepted and loved by their families are less likely to try to hurt themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Just love your child for who and what she/he is. We are all a little strange in our own unique way before we even get to issues like gender identity.

Your kid will figure it out for herself, but you as a parent have the very real choice of either scarring the your child for life by vilifying her for what she shares and the possibility of a teen suicide in future years or being there and giving her what she needs - a non judgemental rock who she an rely on for support while she works this out in her head.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree with this being a past life therapist. Worth checking out.

Rainbows,
Jane

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is but one story of a girl feeling like a boy. There are others who later go the transgender route at a certain age to become the gender they always felt they should be.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think she intellectually sees, how much cooler men are then female, and shes bummed she 'lost' the coin toss. You could ease into conversation about how 'there is very little difference between boy and girl, most of it is choice', so she can wear boy clothes, and do boy things. She might be too young to talk about the nature and nessecitiy of boy and girl in nature, but you can show her female animals, lions and tigers for instance, where the females are strong and fast and cool, and animals like butterflies, where even the male is girly...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Kudos for talking about this. As an earlier poster advised, I would also recommend counseling for the entire family. I would also reach out and get acquainted with Trans-Gender people as their experiences will help you evaluate your child's situation. From what you have shared I truly believe professional help would be helpful. You need to know your options and find many different approaches to raising a healthy child.

All the best.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur
I posted this in the discussion due to the recent court ruling of bathrooms, but wanted to get it somewhere else, and added more here.. sorry if it's confusing to read, it's even more confusing to live:

I've very torn on this. I have a six year old for about 2 years insist she is a boy. Last night she had to take a "break" in the mall, so I made her go into the girls bathroom while I waited outside with my baby. Mom went in to "help" her when she showed up, and my daughter was telling a stranger who walked in "I'm a boy even though I'm in here but it's o.k. cause of mommy being in here'.

She perfers I call her "Jake" and that she is a boy, but I only do it occationally. She accepts when I call her by her name, but I know deep down inside she doesn't like it. She also knows dad isn't really to keen on It. At six kids are very smart no matter what you try to hide. She gets really pissed off if I say she has "lady parts" it's hard for me to accept obviously because I still refer to her as her. She's my daughter, NOTHING she chooses will change that as how I see her. All I know is it's very real, it controls her every thought. She is constantly asking about buying "boy clothes' her whole wardrobe is "boy clothes" I try to explain she is a tom boy, and she will go with that, till I hear her saying to an old lady " I'm supposed to tell you I'm a tom boy, but I'm a boy, don't say I'm a nice girl."

I'm not for her using a men's bathroom, but she sure as hell is embarrassed by using the ladies room.

F*@$@)@ that's all I have to say about that, but this is definitely not a black and white issue. I see both sides. I know when I'm taking a dump I don't care if some lady dressed like a man comes in. But I still see them as ladies. I know if my daughter was in a bathroom, and some dude dressed like a lady tried to go into the women's bathroom, I might threaten to punch him in the face if he wasn't willing to wait for my daughter to come out first.

Life is tricky sometimes. Their is no right answer to this. It's hard. It causes a rift between my wife and I. She is way more liberal about it then I am. I have a believe "you are what you are" I want to play QB for the New York Jets, but I can't (well maybe I can who knows!) as much as she wants to be a boy, but can't.

Here is the scary part. The research coming out (the little their is) says that almost all people in her shoes at this age are gay or bisexual, and most actually grow up to cross-dress and this is not the "phase" everyone seems to tell me it is. It's enough to break you down emotionally as a human being having a kid like this, I couldn't begin to imagine the pain it's going to cause her that will be lifelong...

All I can do is be dad, here for her. I will not be perfect, I may say things she doesn't like. Some of them will be right, most of them will be wrong. But .. I'll be dad, and I'll be here for her.. or him...

Love and support no matter what.

That is what a good parent does for their children.

Just show your love and support.

My thoughts are with you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

huh?

What?

Really?

Wow!

Damn!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Some kids grow out of it, some do not. This is very informative. Give it a watch.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would say relax and let her be who she wants to be, and when she reaches that age where all the hormones and what ever kick in maybe she will be whom she was meant to be. Whether thats a person who just liked doing boy stuff, and now wants to be a girl, or knew all along who they wanted to be. But i won't because she's not my kid. All i can say is have patience and don't push them one way or another. Kids have a tendency to go the opposite way you push later, sometimes out of spite. No matter what happens make sure she knows that you Love her no matter what.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

One more thought and its kind've out there. But maybe in your child's past life they were a boy? Just a thought, i've heard stories about stuff like that sticking with them for a few years. Best of luck in the future.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I hate this issue we have in society today.
You need to prove to your child that she is a girl. Why is she mad when you tell her she has lady parts ?
She's only deceiving herself if she thinks otherwise, and that's not healthy for her at all, living a lie at such a young age. You don't want to hear it, and you will be offended, I'm sorry but your child has serious mental health issues. I can understand why you wouldn't want to hear that, but your daughter is in a very unhealthy state of mind.

All I can say is you need to show your daughter that she is in fact a girl. That's what she is isn't she ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join