It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous Missing Thunderbird Photo Found?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I see nothing weird or wrong with that Stork in the photo.

That's a regular bird of some sort.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well, I'd say, "no." regarding the photo of the stork. It's not nearly big enough, and it's clearly a bird, not some sort of pterosaur. The photo I like best is this one -

There was a fake one done for some old show (Freaky Links, I think?), but the one in it looked like a broken kite. This one, however, the head looks GOOD when compared to skulls. Not on a barn, so not "the" photo, but still quite interesting.

If I remember correctly, my brother saw that missing one in some book he'd checked out when in school ages ago.
edit on 26-12-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: hit enter before done

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: BendingTheTruth

Do you mean this picture?

Unfortunately another known (and more recent) hoax. Here are a few other known hoax photos:

Ah,, so you have seen that one. The upper pic is a KNOWN fake, for Freaky Links. The lower one is NOT a known fake, and is what they modeled the fake after. It's a far more accurate and better photo.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
*snip*

Since we are speaking of the old tales, does anyone else recall the many stories of mysterious mists or fog that made people disappear?

Or the flying jellyfish?
*snip*

I remember the former! Read several stories like that ages ago online, on some site that had collections of such tales, but not sure which one. Not the regiment, either, but people that vanished while hiking, and the like.

As for the books, no, it's always been Berenstain. Read those avidly when I was very young, and thought the spelling was odd, even then. "A", not "e".
edit on 26-12-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: added comment

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I, like you, am in the 99th to 100th percentile. Ditto with the parents and teachers. And ditto with that it was STEIN not STAIN.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I absolutely remember the photo. I'm certain i actually saw it here, on ATS, back when i first started lurking on the site in 2006. It was one of the instances that glued me to this site.

The bird was much bigger than those posted so far, and it was in front of an old fashioned, western style barn.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
One I saw was in a book that also had voodoo, African tribal rituals, head hunters, Aphrodite, witches and other strange and mysterious subjects.

None of these pictures seem to be exact match of my memory.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't believe any of them are real, but here's a few I haven't seen here yet:

edit on 3/10/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Creating these images has apparently become something of a cottage industry.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I think your 3rd picture is the one I saw in the 70's in the book I mentioned above.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I starred and flagged this for multiple reasons, but the main one is that this was the first time I ever saw anything about the Berenstein Bears, which I distinctly remember watching and I KNOW it was spelled Stein... Not a single doubt in my mind that when I was a kid it was Berenstein Bears. I remember the theme song too...

Wow... I am officially tripped out.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

This image was created by someone on ATS to demonstrate how they remember the photo, and it's exactly the one i remember as well!

The birds wings were more stretched out, but the general principle is the same - Big bird creature stuck to the barn in the background, above the heads of a few men stood in front of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That's the Photo I remember as well! Standing on the sides holding the spread wings, right? Old ass pic too, if I remember......

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just for S&G...I remember the picture of the huge bird on the barn but haven't seen it anywhere since I was a child (8-10). I also remember thinking how the story of thunderbirds made sense (for a child) since the Indians usually only saw them during the time of storms...when the winds would be stronger. Maybe strong enough to life a bird that size. And that they otherwise lived in caves in the hills/mountains.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

That's the Photo I remember as well! Standing on the sides holding the spread wings, right? Old ass pic too, if I remember......

I have flipped every page and scanned it deliberately and still that photo I described is not in the book. Just did it again and nothing, I will search around the interwebz to see if I can find it. This is extremely puzzling as I bought this book specifically for this picture and subject even thought there are a multitude of subjects.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Seriously?! The image was in that book when You bought it, and now it is not? Am I seeing this correctly? If What You meant is just what I was asking, than I can come to one conclusion that may explain this. Dude from Our Parallel Universe has your book and You have His. He lives in the same Universe as The BernStainers!!! If we disclude this Theory and the same rings true for what I wrote at the beginning here, then for now I am on the Same Trip as You!!! You know, the one where You're doin' the Bahamas in your Pants!!!!!!

edit on 14-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join