It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalization of Marijuana: What About the Kids?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Does it matter if he is happy and content?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Does it matter if he is happy and content?

He?
are we talking about using MJ to sedate our kids?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You mentioned a friend who smoked into his 50's, then tried to make a parallel that we shouldn't want that for their kids. I ask, why does it matter if the person is happy and content?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You mentioned a friend who smoked into his 50's, then tried to make a parallel that we shouldn't want that for their kids. I ask, why does it matter if the person is happy and content?

I think the studies about MJ use in a developing mind will eventually show a negative side when it comes to a Young mind and maturity.
I dont believe contentment is a real reason for the needs of use in any case. a special case of a debilitating medical issue, maybe.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Most people are advocating that marijuana remain illegal for minors. That was what this whole thread is about. How to handle marijuana with children.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Most people are advocating that marijuana remain illegal for minors. That was what this whole thread is about. How to handle marijuana with children.

Yes, agreed. which is why I state caution with letting young minds use it

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Kids will do it whether its legal or not. Or they won't. Everything has pros and con's. The pros can outweigh the con's if you change your way of thinking. Forget the whole anti marijuana propaganda and be that's been forced in your ears over the years, and use your own brain when deciding whether it should be legal or not.
I Dont smoke pot by the way. But its health benefits are unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
"It's time to get realistic -- to devise innovative, pragmatic strategies for dealing with teens, marijuana, alcohol, and other drug use in this new era."

NEWS FLASH !
Its the SAME OLD ERA......and the same old PROBLEM....
Whats required is good parenting...not anti pot laws.....

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Royal76

The way I see it. It is easier to keep it out of the hands of minors if it is legal. When it is illegal, a kid can just go to a dealer, give him some money, and he'll get a bag no questions asked. When it is legal, it has to be sold in a store that is subject to the law (and spot checks by the police like they do with liquor stores) and can get shutdown for selling to kids.

I'll admit I fell for the click-bait, and the point you make in that post is why. Back in high-school I could have any illegal substance I wanted delivered to my house, pretty much 24-7. Alcohol though? For that you had to find someone over 21 that you could trust not to run off with your money.

Prohibition generates organized crime and makes the substance easier to attain. Combined with the tendency for teenagers to rebel against authority, it should be clear that prohibition is intended to encourage drug use, not deter it. If you truly want to keep your kids off of drugs, then the solution is to legalize, regulate and educate.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

I know. That click-bait title is pretty clever in my opinion. Way to turn a negative trope on its head to support a good argument.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

With all this talk about the legalization of marijuana for recreational use, the main objection I have seen/read about is "the kids." Honestly, ask any high school kid if he/she knows where to get "weed" now. Chances are, even with the prohibition, that they could score some within a short time, if they wanted it. So availability should never be a discussion point. There's no way to tell if it would be more available or less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join