It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD
The last three words out of this man's mouth was,"I can't breath."

This is an outrage.

Outrage ?

If you can speak you can breathe.

If the guy was really being choked he couldn't do either.
edit on 4-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there was petechial hemorrage on the guys neck ?

www.wisegeekhealth.com...

If choking was the 'cause' of death seems there would be right ?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As an observer from overseas, Germany, i can only say what most people in europe think about US-cops nowadays.
They all think that we had all that in europe, from 1933 to 1945, called GeStaPo!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: DirtyD
The last three words out of this man's mouth was,"I can't breath."

This is an outrage.

Outrage ?

Let's test the theory, I put you in a chokehold, and before you pass out see if you can squeeze out enough air to say "I can't breathe" and then inhale behind that.

You willing?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's weird. He said he can't breathe.

Then he died. While being choked.

Restricting bloodflow/airflow and completely cutting that airflow off are two different thing. It's possibly to choke to death and still be able to speak. If airflow is restricted enough, you WILL die from lack of oxygen.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Good luck with that.

Since the only thing anyone has to do is comply with a leos orders.

It's the LAW.

Something that guy failed at.
edit on 4-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In the choke hold, it's not just air to the lungs that's stopped, but also blood to the brain.

Just saying'.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Or, maybe, just maybe in a case like this it is time to go to jail?

Agreed...I should have put that in the forefront that I meant BEFORE you end someone's life...you should get a new career

Thanks for the fix :-)
edit on 4-12-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Does anyone know if there was petechial hemorrage on the guys neck ?

www.wisegeekhealth.com...

If choking was the 'cause' of death seems there would be right ?

I was a juror in a murder trial, two bones in the neck can be broken and the person dies regardless if you let go, other wise blood can be shut off from either side of the neck, and you pass out and dies within a few minutes, regardless of your age, gender, or condition....by the way, this is known throughout the NYPD, that officer knew that he could die...also a "by the way"....does anyone think that guy could have run away from the 5 policeman surrounding him, if they had simply got the "F" off of him??....the real people that will be hurt by this are going to be other policemen, the good ones that follow procedure and the law, they now have a target on their back because the system, the LEO's bosses, and other LEO's have not made this a priority....if minorities, or anyone, comes into contact with LEO's now, they know that the police are scared crapless of them, and will shoot them at the slightest provocation, and are viewed by LEO"s as the enemy....be careful out there, open season on civilians is here.
edit on 4-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I truly feel that excessive force was used here. I also believe that this case was NOT racially-motivated, but instead was motivated by greed and was executed by an elite, liberal, government tax cartel...intent upon maintaining it's lucrative tax revenue cash cow: the NY Tobacco trade.

Mr. Garner was confronted because he was selling UNTAXED cigarettes on the streets of New York...NOT because he was black!

ASK:
WHY were there suddenly soooo many NYPD personnel surrounding Mr. Garner sooooo quickly?
Because his 'black market' cigarette-selling was reported by a nearby kiosk vendor of $13-per-pack NY TAXED cigarettes to 'The Cigarette Strike Force'.
THIS was not Racism...THIS was over-zealous, liberal-controlled, government tax-greed!

READ:

[quote
'Cigarette Strike Force' Coming For Your Illegal, Untaxed Cigarettes

Cuomo's planning on cracking down on tobacco smugglers, and he's assembling a massive, 13-agency "Cigarette Strike Force" to accomplish this mission. The announcement of this task force follows news of a massive lawsuit lobbied against FedEx by Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for reportedly delivering untaxed cigarettes in New York.

The Lucky Strike Force is comprised of scary federal agencies like the the Department of Homeland Security; the United States Custom and Border Protection and the FDA, along with more local folks like the New York City Sheriff’s Office. The whole shebang will be headed by former NYPD Detective Michael Spinosa, who will help this Band of Brothers "crack down on these illegal cigarette sales and capture those smugglers who seek to evade the law and rob the state of the revenue it is rightly owed," according to Cuomo.

The Post reports that 57 percent of the cigarettes smoked in NY have been brought into the state illegally. That's not surprising considering that a pack of cigarettes here runs about $15, the highest cost in any state. State taxes on cigarettes are $4.35 per pack, and there's an additional $1.50 per pack in the city.

MORE:
gothamist.com...
edit on 4-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Blood goes up & blood goes down it's simple basic health 101 info that even a grade school kid would know. So if you block blood flow on one side, then the other side doesn't move either. So, this 'seatbelt maneuver' that idiot on tv is spouting about says it wouldn't kill is bs. Ok let me choke you on one side of your throat for 5 minutes and see if you don't die!

Negative. Blood does not go "up and down". Blood circulates. In a circle. And no, cutting off blood flow to one side of the throat for five minutes will not kill a person. However, when you have a guy who is morbidly obese, has a markedly enlarged heart, history of asthma and hypertension, such a maneuver can cause that person to lose consciousness and essentially choke to death from the force of his own body mass...otherwise known as positional asphyxiation, which is very likely what killed him. It's the reason that hugely obese people are not extubated after surgery until they are conscious...breathing is autonomic, but morbidly obese people have to work far harder to move their chest enough to draw in air and in certain positions (such as lying supine), they literally are unable to breathe effectively without conscious effort. And according to the medical examiner's report, this guy was not exactly in the best of health to begin with.

Lots of factors contributed to his death, but even if choke holds weren't banned, once they had him subdued it was their responsibility to make sure that he was able to get air...common sense tells you that a guy in that poor a state of physical condition rendered unconscious needed to be monitored. And what was up with EMS not assisting? Had any of those people involved done their job, the man would likely be alive today. There is simply no excuse for what happened, and no excuse for the people responsible not being held accountable for their actions in this situation. It's absolutely horrific.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

does anyone think that guy could have run away from the 5 policeman surrounding him, if they had simply got the "F" off of him??....the real people that will be hurt by this are going to be other policemen, the good ones that follow procedure and the law, they now have a target on their back

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the video footage...what made them believe this out-of-shape, morbidly obese man was any kind of a real flight risk? It simply defies all logic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

He did not "die while being choked".

The officer let go at the first "I can't breathe", and he repeated "I can't breathe" about 8 more times. He went into cardiac arrest in the ambulance, and was pronounced dead something like an hour later at the hospital.

Unless you're claiming he was choked in the ambulance and then in the hospital?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Outrage ?

Negative. If you can speak, you can exhale. That is a common misconception that causes millions of people to die from respiratory distress every year. You are not unable to speak if you are choking. You can exhale, form words, even shout, and still not be able to inhale air behind that. Unconsciousness quickly follows, and if no airway is established, death by suffocation. Which is pretty much what happened to this man. If someone tells you they cannot breathe, they really cannot breathe.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I see your point, except for that last line.

If someone tells you they cannot breathe, they really cannot breathe.

That may not be true if the person is under arrest, and has been arrested a couple dozen times before, resisting arrest in many of those other arrests. People say all kinds of things when being arrested, "I can't breathe!" "You're breaking my arm!" "The cuffs are cutting off circulation to my hands!"

In normal circumstances, you are probably right as someone wouldn't normally make up such a lie out of the blue. However, when being arrested, police would wind up with serious problems if even half the "medical complaints" they received were true.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Highground because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinFoilHat84
As an observer from overseas, Germany, i can only say what most people in europe think about US-cops nowadays.
They all think that we had all that in europe, from 1933 to 1945, called GeStaPo!

How many LEO do you think there are compared to the few that make the news?

"If it bleeds, it leads"

But, it's a distorted and inaccurate media portrayal of the majority of LEO.

So --- if you let sensationalism rule your mind, I guess you're right

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
RNC goal is to cut off blood supply long enough for the individual to pass out. It is NOT ABOUT CUTTING OFF AIR SUPPLY.
Been put in this position a thousand times and you can always breathe, albeit not at proper capacity.

That being said, its hard to tell how exactly the officer was applying the RNC...if not done correctly then he could just be crushing the guys windpipe.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Highground

He may not have died while being choked but he did die because of the choking. The medical examiner's ruling has been posted in this thread multiple times. The compressions to this mans throat is what killed him.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Was the victim a threat? NO!

Excessive? YES!

Murder? YES!

I was on one side of the fence during the Ferguson story, but with this one, I can't even attempt to defend the officers here. This was excessive, this was unnecessary, this IS total BS seeing this cop not be charged with anything. What's the point of cops wearing chest cameras if the footage doesn't matter?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah he did break the law, but the cop went overboard on it.

Sure he was a big guy and they figured he prolly thought he needed to be restrained, but still that was excessive force. But I agree he did break the law.

-SAP-

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join