It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You ever just wish God would strike someone down with lightening? Well if he does i hope its this A-hole. God what a waste of space. I feel sorry for anyone who's ever had to listen to this douche. I wish i had been in his church when he said this so i could loudly get up and walk out. Its people like this that have ruined religion, and have turned so many people away from God. God is about Love and not this hate.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Its wrong because it conflicts with nature. Clearly we cannot evolve as a species with same sex union. Its wrong because it is not natural to our biology or our DNA.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So you are saying that homosexuality is a natural way to taper off reproduction in populations that may have grown too large for their environment? That is an interesting way to think about it. I'm going to look into this.

Is this what you were referring to?
edit on 3-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

How does it conflict with nature?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Again people and animals have been gay since time began and we are still here.
It doesn't conflict with nature at all as my last post on the subject shows.
The only conflict you have is either a religious one against gay folk or a personal one.
Both as bigoted as the last.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

OK consider this scenario, last two people on earth a) same sex couple or b) heterosexual couple. What are the chances of humanity survival as a species in nature with option A or B?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Its wrong because it conflicts with nature. Clearly we cannot evolve as a species with same sex union. Its wrong because it is not natural to our biology or our DNA.

Do you really think we are evolving as a species with religion turning into hate factories, constant wars, governmental corruption etc. Thats deevolution. None of that is the fault of homosexuals.

Homosexuality will never replace the good ole in and out. sheesh....

Do you know what a strawman tactic is???
edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Neither. A species will go extinct if the population drops below a few thousand

There is a marked trend for insularity, surviving genetic bottlenecks and r-strategy to allow far lower MVPs than average. Conversely, taxa easily affected by inbreeding depression – having high MVPs – are often decidedly K-strategists, with low population densities while occurring over a wide range. An MVP of 500 to 1,000 has often been given as an average for terrestrial vertebrates when inbreeding or genetic variability is ignored.[3][4] When inbreeding effects are included, estimates of MVP for many species are in the thousands. Based on a meta-analysis of reported values in the literature for many species, Traill et al. reported a median MVP of 4,169 individuals.[5]

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am not saying that but the scientist who performed the studys did postulate it may be such a mechanism and if so perfectly natural.
That is not the study but that is interesting though probably wrong, it is a much later study from only a few year's back.
Here is more on that though
nihrecord.nih.gov...
I can not find the more recent study and it is concievable I am mixing the two up as it may simply have been a re run of this earlier study.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey maybe this zealot shouting for the death of gays will cause other Christians to re evaluate their beliefs. Or at the very least think about what a stone cold db their god is. He does say to kill homosexuals in Leviticus 20:13.

It shouldn't matter whether or not those commandments were abolished in the New Testament or not. The fact that an "all loving, merciful, forgiving" God would ever make such commandments should bother people.

God also condones rape, slavery, and murder. He is morally bankrupt.

edit on 12-3-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

OK consider this scenario, last two people on earth a) same sex couple or b) heterosexual couple. What are the chances of humanity survival as a species in nature with option A or B?

If it came down to that the human race is doomed anyhow seeing you need around 500 couples to repopulate the world and even If all of them were gay they could still have kids.

So your question has no relevance to the subject really seeing it will not happen.
edit on 3-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well the article I linked mentioned that the doctor did continue this research while trying to improve the living areas so that more rats could live together in higher population densities. So it is possible that you are thinking of a more recent study he performed.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I am not saying that but the scientist who performed the studys did postulate it may be such a mechanism and if so perfectly natural.
That is not the study but that is interesting though probably wrong, it is a much later study from only a few year's back.
Here is more on that though
nihrecord.nih.gov...
I can not find the more recent study and it is concievable I am mixing the two up as it may simply have been a re run of this earlier study.

If the species becomes extinct, it will be because of warlike heterosexuals.

Have you seen this....www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

In my earlier post I clearly stated that I condem the killing of people because of religious or sexual preference. As an athiest/agnostic I can still have an opinion of whethe homosexual is natural or unnatural in nature.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

For it to be un natural you have to add something which makes people or animals gay.
Can you tell me what makes some penguins gay?.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am pointing out what has already been argued in the US Supreme court, including Reynolds V. United states, and other cases such as dealing with the Snake handlers and those dealing with Peyote.

In short, a church can get away with a lot, including that of discrimination, that is a part of the exclusion clause in federal law. As long as said activities are within a church, following doctrine and ultimately, does not go into politics or violate the criminal laws of the United States of America. However, if said activities violate the laws, or is not on a church property, or with in the auspices of a church, such as a for profit business, then the exclusion laws then will end up going away and leaves the minister without benefit of protection.

Such cases have been before the courts before and each time with the different court cases the message has been clear, a warning for the first two times, and the third time the come down hard.

I am not saying arrest him, but I am pointing out that with all of the crazy persons running around, it would not surprise me if one day someone does pick up a weapon or targets members of the GBLT community and it can point back to this pastor and others like him. If that happens then he should be charged and sent to jail, losing his ability to minister and the trust of the people he is so misguiding in the process. Even WBC, for all of their rhetoric, knows enough not to throw the first punch or take a swing or even do anything physical against anyone, as that would give the government justification to shut them down. And pastors like this one has to walk a fine line, a very fine line or lose everything from the actions of member of their church.

Even the Catholic church is starting to clean up its act, by defrocking priests and others from all levels for failing to uphold the main core values and of the Holy Sea, and it is time the rest start to follow suit.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Historically speaking some of the most dangerous and famous warrior's in history may have been homosexual, in ancient greece woman were seen as second rate citizens only there to have children and many married men had male lover's it has been claimed Alexander the great was bisexual.

Admiral lord Nelson may have been gay note his famous last word's and the fact the royal navy at the time was described as Rum, Sea and Sodomy.

I would not say either gender has anything to do with how the race will end, humanity will either evolve and leave behind this wretched planet or it will adapt but either way it will become something else and even if it survives to the end of the habitable period in the planet's life about 1.5 billion years with the last 2 to 4 billion years being a venus like hot house then it will still become extinct but will humanity's children be they biological or machine still exist long after.
We of course will not be remembered.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It wasn't because their parents were gay. Forget about the penguins, what you should be advocating is the difination of natural. Is being gay a natural state among animals? Don't tell me that it exist among different species, is it the norm?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There was recently a thread where the OP was complaining about atheists/agnostics debating in religious threads.

In the OP he asks "Why does my religion matter to you? Why hate so much on religion?"

I linked your thread so that may answer some of his questions.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This pastor dude needs some mental help. So not cool.

With regards to if homosexuality is natural--it is because it follows natural law theory. Yeah in some cases it's probably just 'cause they're pervs but I know several gays who have been the way they are since childhood. And, not to quote Seinfeld or anything but it's not like there's anything wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join