It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: olaru12

At least the comedic value of the guy's rant is priceless.

It's only funny up to the point where another loose unit nutjob takes this religious ranting as the actual word of God and acts upon it, causing death to some innocent human being.

This is why in some countries we have laws against hate speech and inciting violence, which is what this sad desperate little preacher is doing.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm in the bible belt-this kind of talk in church has been the norm for decades.

It's just more visible because of media.

Church is kind of like 4 chan or something-people go there to rant and raise their fists-but go home and collapse on the couch.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Hell,I actually believed that I was the antichrist as a child because of all of the death and hell on earth stuff they preached down here.(with me being born in the ring of fire,in the year of the dragon,in the land of the dragon-japan-it all adds up,right?lol).

edit on 3-12-2014 by FalcoFan because: lead paint chip salad as a child.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'm in the bible belt-this kind of talk in church has been the norm for decades.

It's just more visible because of media.

Church is kind of like 4 chan or something-people go there to rant and raise their fists-but go home and collapse on the couch.

I'm both gay and born / raised into an extremely religious family. Just because it is the 'norm' (Yes, my family used to be the same) it does not make it right.

As both of my parents will tell you today, sometimes life experience leads you to question and change your long held views. They now view me as some kind of lesson sent from God about love and tolerance towards gay folk.
edit on 3-12-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sorry-I meant that these folks are all talk when it comes to the sexual bigotry thing.

My city is the number 3 most dangerous cities in the country-and in the middle of the bible belt.

The extreme number of murders and assaults we have down here verrry rarely are targeted for being gay.

And it is almost never committed by the christians.

Now,if the church wanted to become militant toward crime-and dropped their lunacy-I would be on board 100%.(and maybe even pretend that I believe in their "god")

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Which then leads me to wonder again, what is the point of this thread?

To vilify Christians

I didn't make this thread to vilify Christians. If a Buddhist, Mormon, Taoist, Bahai, Sikh, Druid or Wiccan had of called for the extermination of Gay people I would have made the same thread.
Hate speech from anyone is still Hate speech.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!
edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I can't help but think you'd have way more than 9 Flags & 12 Stars if this was a Muslim Cleric...

But ATS is a bit of a hub for the right leaning Christians... imo...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I can't help but think you'd have way more than 9 Flags & 12 Stars if this was a Muslim Cleric...

But ATS is a bit of a hub for the right leaning Christians... imo...

True....ATS has an ideological ebb and flow depending on who is in the Whitehouse. Even the members aren't always constant in their
principals and philosophy. Ideological fashionistas....

edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Theres nothing in the book ive read that says anything to this effect........

Leviticus 20:13 And if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely he put to death, their Blood shall be upon them.

Should have read it more thoroughly.

Although if you meant in the "cure for AIDS" sense then you are correct.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

DISGUSTING! Sorry, I'm late to the party, but - seriously? These people need to be stopped. I was reading a report on the web today that talked about this very thing.
www.dropbox.com...

It is amAZINg to me that people actually believe that humans didn't evolve, and that the Bible is "The Word of God."

Incredible, really.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Sorry-I meant that these folks are all talk when it comes to the sexual bigotry thing.

MOST people are all talk when it comes to this sort of thing. You yourself have just inadvertently admitted that rarely sexuality is a cause for murder.

I am not in the slightest offended by what you have to say, but is it not food for thought the concept that even if it is rare, these kind of words can lead to action?

I get that people love to have a 'thing' to focus their religious fervor on i.e 'The gods are mad, let's throw a virgin into the volcano" kind of mentality.

However in this day and age, I think we have bigger fish to fry that the old 'God hates homos thing.' Combatting the rampant threat of Islam terrorist states is just one such example where our energy would be better spent.

edit on 3-12-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

These people need to be stopped.

What methods would you suggest?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I can scarcely believe there are ATS members who promote this kind of thinking - if HALF of this country thinks that humans started with Adam and Eve, and have been here for only 10,000 years, I am mystified. What???

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Erm, shelving the Bible in the stacks with 'classic literature from ancient times' comes to mind. It's time to move on.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'd love to hear your story, Serdg.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

that's where I think the logical fallacy of their position comes in. If they believe in a god and in a hell and that god puts sinners in hell for eternal punishment, then why even bother to punish them now?

Exactly! What's the point? Probably they think they might 'save the souls' of those who have 'strayed from the path.'

BOLLOCKS

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: BuzzyWigs

These people need to be stopped.

What methods would you suggest?

I think the best we can hope for is to make threads pointing out their hateful attitudes and constipated thought processes.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Or just take away their tax status.
I bet If you taxed all churches etc 80% of them would shut down.
Seeing they are businesses.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

I think he would be ashamed of some of the people (not all, mind you) that are preaching in his name.

Some?

No, ALL of the Evangelicals/Pentecostals. Just imfo

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Or just take away their tax status.

YES! That!!! ^^

It's absurd. Just like the National Football League (NFL; American Football) is a non-profit - are you KIDDING me??????

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join