It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$182,129,786 for Four Months Housing of Illegal Alien Children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jtma508
No worries. The Republicans are in charge now. In a few months they'll be rounding-up all these little freeloaders and dumping them back across the border. Just wait you'll see.

And the point is ?

If those 'kids' can survive thousand miles, and death trains.

People need to stop acting like their 'victims'.

If any American parent tried to pull that snip that those kids parents did ?

They would be locked up for child endangerment.

uhhmm...maybe that's why they came here in the first place...child endangerment is an everyday threat down in those countries

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Maybe.

Maybe the left needs to show some consistency about 'kids'.

When they start caring about them inside of the womb.

Then I might listen about FOREIGN kids.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now let's see the list of owners of these projects and who they tie in with at Washington shall we? I'll guarantee you there are some "interests" being taken care of.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe.

Maybe the left needs to show some consistency about 'kids'.

Then I might listen about FOREIGN kids.

Yeah yeah that would work out great wouldn't it.....
Tell me you ban abortion who is going to take care of all the unwanted children? The monitory figure in the op would pale in comparison to the money needed to look after all the unwanted kids.
Also seeing you obviously want it illegal tell me how you would force a woman to carry a child they did not want?.
The difference is these kids need help now and good for obama providing that help.
Sickening to read this thread...I wonder what you would do to those kids If given the chance.
edit on 3-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's not about the "help" and wholesome work.

It's about the corruption and dirty money.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
one story about Baptist Child and Family Services ....

The new ACORN? How about Baptist Child and Family Services

BCFS caught our attention because they got headlines when they were involved in the purchase of a $4 million resort in Texas. You can click through some pictures of the resort here. It has 193 rooms, wireless and cable TV, a pool, and a restaurant, all the amenities you’d expect to find at a resort. Was BCFS going into the hospitality business? Actually, no they weren’t.

The Palm Aire Hotel and Suites is set to be sold to Baptist Child & Family Services (BCFS) operating under a federal contract, pending local government approval, according to reports from Weslaco, Texas where the hotel is located. Weslaco is a few miles north of the Rio Grande in Hidalgo County.

The resort hotel for illegal alien children is reportedly the ‘first in the nation’.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I know but I was responding to the guy who only wants to help foreign kids when they stop abortions.
Abortions have been happening since time began and it will not end unless you force people to carry kids.

Back to the OP was the costs including the start up costs? because they will obviously be high.
I don't think the cost will be as high in the future because they have set it all up.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yea... you're right. The Republicans can't do crap either.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If I did the math right that comes to about.......$632 per day for each child.

they could have given each child their own really nice hotel suite and still had money left over.
It`s easy to spend money when it`s not your money.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
No worries. The Republicans are in charge now. In a few months they'll be rounding-up all these little freeloaders and dumping them back across the border. Just wait you'll see.

And the point is ?

If those 'kids' can survive thousand miles, and death trains.

People need to stop acting like their 'victims'.

If any American parent tried to pull that snip that those kids parents did ?

They would be locked up for child endangerment.

And then we'd be paying to house the parents in the slam and tend to the children. What was your point again?

You all act like each kid got this money, the money is going to criminals who are ripping off me and you. Quit acting like poor people are the problem, it is those getting paid.

What's hard about that?

Derek

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

I think you`re right about that, for every $1 that went to the kids $100 went into someones pocket.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
It`s easy to spend money when it`s not your money.

ain't that the truth..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Looking like a [hoax] here, and a media distortion, which they know will turn into millions of obnoxious FW:d emails and social media posts by those who choose to believe nonsense when it suits their agenda/fantasy world.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

well, i mean, maybe there's a bit of confusion here...perhaps someone can explain the points of contention to those of us who don't have the time to dig through everything...

from the itemized list though, i do have a few questions...

- What the actual f**k is a "multicultural crayon"?

- Why do these "children" need laptops, and cable television?

- Why do these "children" need VOIP and cellphones with international calling capability?

- Why are the staff being housed at hotels, instead of on-base accommodations?

- Why is the food cost 7 times what the USDA estimates it should cost?

i don't think these are unreasonable questions to ask....and these are just the basic ones...
edit on 12-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ad Reductio Abortionem

God help me...that is the most tired derailment the right wing ever uses...

We will start caring about (war, murder, children, the poor...serial killers..insert anything here) once the left starts caring about unborn children!!!...Ad infinium..

That illogical snark jumped the shark years ago.

I fully expect your response to be..."I'll start caring about whether my posts have anything to do with the topic once abortion is outlawed!"
edit on 4-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

not that i agree with his argument, mind you...but i think you might be misreading him...

i THINK what he's trying to say is that abortion is a real thing, which he finds morally reprehensible, yet nobody seems to bat an eye at would would be considered "epidemic", or "genocidal" death counts, if it were anything else...but they seem to give far more of a crap about another country's citizens...

i think what he's doing, in a not so subtle way, is pointing out the illogic of allowing people to kill kids, while at the same time, trying to justify blowing 200 million of taxpayer money, because they care about kids...

if this is, in fact, what he's saying, he makes a valid point....but like i said, i don't really agree with his argument...

i don't think it's fair to just say "aw, that's right wing", and simply dismiss it, out of hand...
edit on 12-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Comes out to $19,000 PER person PER month. So almost $80k PER person over 4 months.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

What are the real figures?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

The logic involved is circular, faulted and endless, thus it's utility for derailment.

We could easily derail into the hypocrisy of an ideology that wants to legislate reproduction or mandate a population, while at the same time fiercely looking to eliminate any support structure to impoverished children. Or the "sanctity of life" womb vs. death penalty....Or more to the pin-point...Is Neo supporting abortion? Because his derailment is premised on the idea that since the left supports abortion, the right can hate on children?...if not then the argument has no utility aka consistency. Put another way...just because you neighbor is a criminal, does not mean it is Ok for you to be a criminal...nor does it mean that if your criminal neighbor reports your house being broken into, that your house being broken into is not illegal. Hypocrisy is ubiquitous when painting with big brush ideologies that include hundreds of millions of voices..hypocrisy can always be argued, but does not aid in the examination of the issue at hand for it's OWN merits.

All of this without hitting the huge RED derailment button of...does a fertilized egg of 9 weeks or less constitute an actual life..

None of it serves the debate regarding these specific children. It is a cheap and ugly tactic to avoid honest, accurate, discussion.

Are serial killers bad?...Well...those on the "left" have no place saying the same! They support killing babies in the womb! So it's OK if the right likes serial killers...the left has no business telling them otherwise!

How logical is that nonsense? every time Abortion is tossed into a debate that is not about abortion, it is admitting utter failure...and it happens often.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Comes out to $19,000 PER person PER month. So almost $80k PER person over 4 months.

Hmm...Looking over the docs, it appeared to be a contract for several years?

Also, the way government contracts work, those payments are not disbursed up front, but rather reviewed quarterly or annually.

Since Judicial Watch seems "confused" about even who the contract is with, I am more than hesitant to trust their ability to interpret the document.

<< 1    3 >>

join