It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit My Job of Ten Years Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

What a horrible post.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

Another horrible post. It will be hard to sympathize with you when it happens to you.

What's with the horrible haters who like to stamp on people? Why do you do it?
edit on 5-12-2014 by ScreenBogey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

I am horrible for disliking the OP's rant about immigrants and people in general? He/she told immigrants to go back to their own country and die. Yet I am the horrible one.

I sympathized until I read that part. It sucks to lose a job or have to quit before Christmas.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I hope you find another job soon - one you really like. I understand how hard it can be when you are in between jobs.
I will 'eat my hat' if in 1 year [ when you are settled in your new job and things are much better] if you don't say '' I am so glad I quit that job '' !!!! You deserve better and you sound like you are very intelligent and hard working.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I remember quitting a job once, I had been there two years, and stuck it out with a really horrible boss and toxic work environment because I wanted to learn the field (it was a cutting edge high tech company). After walking on eggshells the minute the boss showed up for work until he left every night,and getting screamed at one day in front of a whole room of people by that same boss, for something truly idiotic, I just didnt come back to work the next day. I quit. I took a few weeks and found another job, better work environment, learning potential, and settled into the new job. In time my only regret about the job is that I didn't leave sooner. You did the right thing. At the onset it might not feel that way, but a job like that will make you physically ill and can even kill you if you work in a place you don't like long enough. Life is short and we should try to spend as little time as possible working for people who stress us out and do not value us. By the way, thirty years later, I am in the field I originally started in, and am much more skilled in my field than that jerk that yelled at me all those years ago. His business just closed its doors this month. I have no regrets leaving.
edit on 5-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Its the same everywhere. There is no Team Spirit in the work place anymore. Its how little can I do and if someone pisses me off how can I make their life a living hell.

I did the same thing a few years ago. The place was a nightmare and I was working 16 hour days just to keep things running and finally decided to do what you did. Two years later they asked me back with a huge increase in pay. It took me a year to get the place back where it was when I left. I should have stayed a truck driver but that has a whole other set of challenges..

It doesn't matter where you go or what you do. You need to pick your battles and let the rest go. I feel you pain man.. Enjoy the time off, regroup and then get ready for another career in the land of corporate disappointment..

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
After reading the original post all I can say is I am happy you are no longer in customer service. Wow.

Seems like you need a job where you never talk to people.

Hmmm, this person has never worked at a busy understaffed big box store, if he had those comments would not be posted. All it takes is one person to call in sick, and customer service is really ruined for the day.
Customer service is a tuff gig these days, more and more people don't speak the "home" language and they want technical questions answered in plumbing and electrical, and they don't even know what to say, it's a guessing game for the retail worker, everything is answered "yes" too. Is your plug 30Amps 240 volt? "Yes" When it is really 20 amps 120volt.
It's a real problem for the retail worker to solve these issues when they are trying so hard to help.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Im Glad.

Stop making those pricks billions while their employees starve.
edit on 12/7/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScreenBogey
a reply to: Diabolical

Another horrible post. It will be hard to sympathize with you when it happens to you.

What's with the horrible haters who like to stamp on people? Why do you do it?

I don't know, it pays the bills, number one, and shows that I am reliable employee. That don't matter anyway either. Just the point I'm trying to make in a world that could care less for one another. Better to have something than nothing.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join