It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the real truth of wars, wealth, race, and racism?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
God didn't particularly care for the Amalekites.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No, I do not "create the entire universe" in my mind. I create portions of it, much like a 3D painting of a scene. A stage to act out on. Beyond that, there is nothing as this is all our minds can create. Believe it or not, we're limited in what we're able to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I don't buy into the new agey stuff either, I know a lot of people do and my opinion is not popular among them. Fact of the matter is, we are no different than an animal just more highly evolved/intelligent, there is nothing to disprove this fact as far as I know.

We are ourselves, there is no collective. Sure people work together and so do animals but at the same time there are leaders and people who need to be lead and others do it to benefit themselves.

What is the main goal in all animals? dominance/power.... How are people any different, you and a lot of other people trick themselves into thinking they're special and somehow they're morally above their animal instinct, this is not the case.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: satsanga

God didn't particularly care for the Amalekites.

I would say that it is my opion that god indeed loves all for in god there is no division. Division and seperation is for the ignorant of the truth. Look at the big bang from a singularity all this appears, it is however still a singularity and the double slit expiriment has shown us this. We only appear to be in one place because our current and temporary limited vision. I believe all will come to rest in the one just as the one rests in all.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

I don't buy into the new agey stuff either, I know a lot of people do and my opinion is not popular among them. Fact of the matter is, we are no different than an animal just more highly evolved/intelligent, there is nothing to disprove this fact as far as I know.

We are ourselves, there is no collective. Sure people work together and so do animals but at the same time there are leaders and people who need to be lead and others do it to benefit themselves.

What is the main goal in all animals? dominance/power.... How are people any different, you and a lot of other people trick themselves into thinking they're special and somehow they're morally above their animal instinct, this is not the case.

I agree with some of what you have said but disagree with the limited point of your message.

Indeed we are no different than animals for all that is common to our physical bodies and minds are common to them as well. I believe it doesnt stop there we are no different than even the elements that make up this universe, in fact we are no different than anything.

For it is the divine spark which animates the entire creation. It is that same divine spark which creates and dissolves infinate universes.

As to this truth being new age this is an ancient truth known by ancient seers and sages oldest writings, nothing new here, just old truths rehashed to shed light of truth on an illusioned reality.

As to how men and animals are different is a question of illusion, if the divine is invested in both are they not the same. All protons, neutrons, and electrons. Now what in this universe or any other isnt composed of the fundamental building blocks of the divine?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Not quite all. Some burn in Hell for eternity.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

No, I do not "create the entire universe" in my mind. I create portions of it, much like a 3D painting of a scene. A stage to act out on. Beyond that, there is nothing as this is all our minds can create. Believe it or not, we're limited in what we're able to do.

Just because you refuse to believe that the divine/ infinate counsiousness/ infinate energy resides in every particle of creation doesnt make it so. A fish can deny that it lives in water how does that make it true? You can deny that the mind is that which seperates and is deluded into believing in seperation that doesnt make it so.

You can deny the brain doesnt decode and recreate the entire universe in your minds eye that doesnt stop it from doing its work.

Sure you can hold on to a more animalistic mentality doesnt mean its healthy for the divine soul dwelling in all of nature.

Perhaps desire is that which ordains our enbodyment and the desire to be more animalistic will bring about that very result.

Perhaps the desire to be more loving and compassionate will bring you to another place as well, who knows?

You can take the path that resonates with you, but at least you have been told what is truth. If you doubt it research it just a little, or choose to do none. The truth never changes only the illusion does.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Not quite all. Some burn in Hell for eternity.

Even hell dissolves in its due time, only the supream counsiousness/infinate energy/infinate god is eternal and one. Marvel not at this and be free from doubt.
edit on 5-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You're accusing people of making assumptions when you are making the biggest assumption of all. Divinity. What is your definition of it? How are you so sure it exists at all? What is more factual, we're animals or we're something created from divinity???

You're shooting yourself in the foot, you say truth doesn't change but illusion does. As far as we know we are animals, that is the truth! You're truth could very well be just an illusion.

I don't doubt that there could be things that exist of spiritual nature, for this discussion I'm relying on proven facts, when divinity/spirituality/the supernatural are proven as much I will completely concede.
edit on 503America/Chicagoam31America/Chicago055 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The basic premise of all wars is to take stuff that don't belong to you and you have no desire to pay for,be it a goat,land,agri-products,labor or energy such as oil ,minerials and one day in the future unobtainium,things such as race and racism is really an after thought a means to an end.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
No. Scripture is very clear. Hell is forever.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

You're accusing people of making assumptions when you are making the biggest assumption of all. Divinity. What is your definition of it? How are you so sure it exists at all? What is more factual, we're animals or we're something created from divinity???

You're shooting yourself in the foot, you say truth doesn't change but illusion does. As far as we know we are animals, that is the truth! You're truth could very well be just an illusion.

I don't doubt that there could be things that exist of spiritual nature, for this discussion I'm relying on proven facts, when divinity/spirituality/the supernatural are proven as much I will completely concede.

Some of what you say I agree with like my truth could be and illusion, it must be an illusion if only the one is true so kudos on that note. I am on my own path to yet share my perspective on what is truth and what is illusion. In my opinion only god/infinate counsiousness/infinate energy is real all else is false.

Now on to your point that we are animals I agree we are them and they are us for we share all things in common, meaning we are quantum entangled with everything including animals and vice versa. However to disclude science and understanding of the nature of reality would be a mistake. Meaning we have studied the atom and have come to the conclusion that they are indeed infinate.

Just look at the big bang from the one came the many some call it god while other call it infinate energy and mass its a matter of perspective.

Am I saying that god exists sure and in everything and everyone. If you dont want to call it god thats fine, but lets agree that it is infinate and without end.

Another proof is the universe is expanding infinatly in every part even atoms contain micro black holes which lead to other places.

Some scientists have claimed that the big bang is just the other side of one of these black holes. I agree wih this and believe that the universe is infinate everywhere, even in the mundane.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

No. Scripture is very clear. Hell is forever.

Sorry to say, you have bad reading comprehension and very limited knowledge about what you speak.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5
What scriptural evidence do you have to back that statement up? What scriptural evidence suggests that Hell is not for eternity?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Double Post.

edit on 5-12-2014 by satsanga because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
triple

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
No thing or body lasts forever, all is ever changing other than the unmanifest supreame counsiousness. I could dig up some scripture from some religion or sage, however why bother doing so if you wish to believe something as silly as hell would be eternal?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I am of course only speaking from a Christian viewpoint, If you are a Christian, the bible clearly states that Hell is eternal. This is factual.

ps. I am not a Christian.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What scriptural evidence do you have to back that statement up? What scriptural evidence suggests that Hell is not for eternity?

You are the guy that should know right? Show me the original scripture, not the translated for the layman book scripture and I'll eat my words.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
No thing or body lasts forever, all is ever changing other than the unmanifest supreame counsiousness. I could dig up some scripture from some religion or sage, however why bother doing so if you wish to believe something as silly as hell would be eternal?

Calling something that God said silly, yet believing what man made religion tells you...

Honestly, it doesn't get any sillier than that.

Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed ~ Proverbs 13:13

Out of the 28 books that people claim to be from God...

GUESS which one is the one that is always mocked?

Yep, you guessed it... the one that actually IS from God.

Is it a coincidence that only the BIBLE is attacked so often?

I think NOT...

"All men are liars." ~ Psalm 116:11

Andrew Wilson raised the issue of the “inerrancy” of Scripture recently, and questioned whether the term itself was a helpful one. Some people complained in the comments that it wasn’t even a term that the Bible uses of itself. It left me wondering if there was a better word we could use and John 10:35 came to mind, where Jesus says that the “Scriptures cannot be broken”. That would certainly be a cool name for a doctrine: “the unbreakability of Scripture”, but what did Jesus mean by it?

If you had asked me to speculate what Jesus meant by “Scripture cannot be broken”, my initial guess would be that Jesus is using the language of promises: Scripture can be thought of as a promise from God that cannot be broken. But that just goes to show how a translation of the Bible can cause you to read meanings into the text that are not present in the original language, since none of the commentators I consulted consider this a viable option (although apparently Jungkuntz argued that it meant the passage from Psalms that Jesus had just quoted must be fulfilled).

So Scripture is unbreakable, or “indestructible” even. Not in a physical sense – plenty of Bibles have been successfully destroyed by fire. But in the sense that Jesus uses in Matt 24:35 “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” The doctrine of the unbreakability of Scripture means that God’s words never lose their truth, relevance or power. We never move beyond Scripture, and we never argue with Scripture. Or as J C Ryle explains it:

“Wherever the Scripture speaks plainly on any subject, there can be no more question about it. The case is settled and decided. Every jot and tittle of Scripture is true, and must be received as conclusive.”
The Unbreakability of Scripture

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join