It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Pose no Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

have you considered the possibility that no extraterrestrials have visited earth? Considering that there isn't an iota of testable evidence that they have, that seems far more likely than some grand conspiracy to cover up their visits. Don't you think the logical starting point would be the production of testable evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial visitation?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
what about the anal probes.....I tend to disagree slightly...I doubt they carry lube. that's all

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
it would be nice if they would remove somehow the few evil humans (the ones we really have to be afraid of instead of ET) that are keeping us in a fossil fuel paradigm so we can use "free/clean energy". it would solve 99% of our problems today across the planet. a reply to: game over man

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Precisely, I mentioned this in my OP that maybe there are no UFO's at all. There is no up to date official announcement from the Government on UFO's. They provided one on ET. They use celebrity debunkers to dismiss UFO's all together and Obama makes jokes about it. To me there is an evolution of UFO's. From 5% unknown pose no threat, now to the whole thing can be explained by misidentified craft, ariel phenomenon and hoaxers.

While at the same time public opinion on UFO's and aliens are at a much more optimistic state than in the years past but then skeptics argue, how would they get here? The distances are too vast.

It doesn't matter what people say, it's what the Government states as far as what we want for disclosure. John Podesta is on Youtube from 2002 being very adamant on the Government releasing the files on UFO's and taking the matter seriously because it's the right thing to do and it's the law. Now Pedesta is one of Obama's main advisors but is the discussion of UFO's really as important as all the other current events and matters going on in the US and the rest of the world? My guess is not. So where does that leave us?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I didn't suggest that UFOs don't exist. I suggested that extraterrestrials have probably not been here and are probably not abducting people. There's a difference. There are many possible explanations for UFOs that don't involve ETs.

When has the government ever told us the truth about anything? I can't understand why people have the expectation or even faint hope that they will do so regarding UFOs. In my opinion, it's an utter waste of time to attempt to get the government to reveal anything.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
If there was an alien threat, it would hit us with little to no warning pretty quickly. They wouldn't have to show up to position themselves over capitals like the movie "Independence Day" where it was dramatically strategic like it was a game of chess. They'd just hit us like it was a fist from God.

Exactly. Like a boot to an ant hill.

Or as Michio Kaku put it, Godzilla vs Bambi.

So, since that has not happened (and there's been plenty of time for that to happen over the last 300,000 years) it stands to reason that there is no alien threat from anyone in the neighborhood.

The fact that we're alive to discuss this is evidence that alien invasion ideas read more like 1950s science fiction than 2014 science reality.

You'll find that in the 1950s when the UFO craze was the strongest, few people and even fewer scientists believed that life could exist on other worlds. UFO sightings were huge in this less sophisticated time period. And anything strange that could not be readily identified became "alien" and "a threat". After all the world just came out of the worst war humankind has ever known.

Today almost everyone and most top scientists believe life is probably common in the Universe. UFO sightings of any note are way down (hoaxes and grainy youtube videos of Chinese lanterns notwithstanding). Most people are a bit more familiar with satellites, planets, things like drones, RC aircraft, weather balloons, and experimental aircraft/spacecraft. UFO reporting bureaus of governments as well as private organizations have been shutting down since 2000.

So while UFOs as a surrogate for "aliens" may be waning, the real search for life in the Universe is kicking into high gear and we may learn within the next 20 years that we really aren't alone but not because of flying saucers or some old government files but rather solid scientific evidence from astronomy.
edit on 5-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I'd like to see the preliminary sketches before deciding if that vid is genuine and Godzilla exists

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If any species more technically advanced meant harm towards us, they could have easily wiped us out a hundred times over already. It hasn't happened. (So I also feel they're no threat at this point.)

But of course you have people claiming aliens showing up in spaceships. If there's any truth to reports of beings coming from elsewhere in space to here, it's likely contact is exceptionally limited because we're under "preserve status". This is because we're not yet space-faring and no threat to them. (We're still in the nascent stage only using chemical rockets and no self-supporting outposts. Not really going past our own backyard.)

My suspicion is that open contact will not happen until we develop the technologies necessary to become spacefaring ourselves. It's at that point because that's when we're a potential threat and problem for them. Only then will they show up and have talks about "the rules" and things like trade out there. But until then, there is likely some doctrine where they maintain silence and that's why we're not hearing anything from them.

It's like that because if there are multiple spacefaring civs, it seems the one thing they could all agree on. It prevents war over territories and prevents outright plundering of all resources, also it would only seem fair that each developing civilization should be allowed to develop on its own and maintian it's own unique character. (This diversity is likely good for trade, and perhaps widens available branch technologies that wouldn't have been developed otherwise.)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Specimen
If there was an alien threat, it would hit us with little to no warning pretty quickly. They wouldn't have to show up to position themselves over capitals like the movie "Independence Day" where it was dramatically strategic like it was a game of chess. They'd just hit us like it was a fist from God.

Exactly. Like a boot to an ant hill.

Or as Michio Kaku put it, Godzilla vs Bambi.

So, since that has not happened (and there's been plenty of time for that to happen over the last 300,000 years) it stands to reason that there is no alien threat from anyone in the neighborhood.

So while UFOs as a surrogate for "aliens" may be waning, the real search for life in the Universe is kicking into high gear and we may learn within the next 20 years that we really aren't alone but not because of flying saucers or some old government files but rather solid scientific evidence from astronomy.

Hep...hep...hep...hep.

Ufology should be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism...but you're optimism, that Earth's space probes are the only way to find factual evidence of extraterrestrial life is overshadowed by the fact --- truth be told --- that otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past; and probably will keep doing so in the foreseeable future; depending on the technological advancement of Earth's defenses.

I'm speculating that a foofighter [from another starsystem] has the ability to create and store millions of tons of electrically charged fusion plasma --- contained between two offboard magnetic shields just outside the alien starship --- and with enough justification warranted, have the ability to use this plasma as a weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Ufology should be treated with a healthy dose of skepticism...but you're optimism, that Earth's space probes are the only way to find factual evidence of extraterrestrial life is overshadowed by the fact --- truth be told --- that otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past; and probably will keep doing so in the foreseeable future; depending on the technological advancement of Earth's defenses.

It's a fact that "otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past...."? Facts are based on testable evidence. Where's the testable evidence?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly, i think if the whitehouse came out tomorrow & announced
That ufo's existed i dont think anybody would bother covering it ,
And the public's response would be underwelming to say the least

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly, i think if the whitehouse came out tomorrow & announced
That ufo's existed i dont think anybody would bother covering it ,
And the public's response would be underwelming to say the least

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
It's a fact that "otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past...."? Facts are based on testable evidence. Where's the testable evidence?

Actually that evidence is all around, and there is no shortage of evidence. The issue typically lies in the lack of understanding of "what" constitutes evidence.

Most people have an exaggerated idea of what evidence IS, to the point that their expectations of evidence is unrealistic.

Perhaps, many would be better served if they gave up their unrealistic / uneducated notions and started to simply use fundamental science and their guide...as opposed to what they would like things to be.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Actually that evidence is all around, and there is no shortage of evidence. The issue typically lies in the lack of understanding of "what" constitutes evidence.

Most people have an exaggerated idea of what evidence IS, to the point that their expectations of evidence is unrealistic.

Perhaps, many would be better served if they gave up their unrealistic / uneducated notions and started to simply use fundamental science and their guide...as opposed to what they would like things to be.

Stating that there is evidence all around is still not stating the evidence. Please do so. I am using fundamental science as a guide in that I requested testable evidence. So far, none has been forthcoming.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Stating that there is evidence all around is still not stating the evidence. Please do so. I am using fundamental science as a guide in that I requested testable evidence. So far, none has been forthcoming.

All of the data compiled by every query into any of the multitude of reports, sightings, encounters, etc.is your evidence. However, since you seem to have missed that, I submit that your notions of "testable" and "evidence" are so skewed that you can no longer objectively analyze what is available.

ETA: You will also need to be willing to do your own work...Due Diligence is a key. Evidence will not "seek you out", you must seek it.
edit on 7-12-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

All of the data compiled by every query into any of the multitude of reports, sightings, encounters, etc.is your evidence.

All of the data. That includes the hoaxes and misidentifications?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

All of the data compiled by every query into any of the multitude of reports, sightings, encounters, etc.is your evidence. However, since you seem to have missed that, I submit that your notions of "testable" and "evidence" are so skewed that you can no longer objectively analyze what is available.

ETA: You will also need to be willing to do your own work...Due Diligence is a key. Evidence will not "seek you out", you must seek it.

Let's start with your original claim, "otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past....". I am unaware of any data that proves the existence of "otherworlder starships". Can you cite this data specifically? Exactly how are my notions about "testable" and "evidence" skewed?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Let's start with your original claim, "otherworlder starships have visited our planet in the recent past....". I am unaware of any data that proves the existence of "otherworlder starships". Can you cite this data specifically? Exactly how are my notions about "testable" and "evidence" skewed?

Well, firstly; I didn't make that claim.

And, we are not talking about "proof", we are talking about evidence.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: tanka418

All of the data compiled by every query into any of the multitude of reports, sightings, encounters, etc.is your evidence.

All of the data. That includes the hoaxes and misidentifications?

I don't know Phage; would you like a complete analysis? Or perhaps you would settle for some superficial "hack"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join