It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing common core article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
source

Surprised I have not seen this gem posted here yet...

Massive database collection...

From article:

The process, set to play out throughout the country in what critics call a “womb to workplace” information system, was originally developed by the Department of Labor and contains information on every U.S. citizen under the age of 26. Most of the information on individuals is collected while K-12 students are in school, and includes names, grades and information such as personality traits, behavior patterns and even fingerprints. The state of Pennsylvania was one of the early adopters of the data mining and contributed to the framework for a nationwide program.

“The personally identifiable information includes information on every student’s personality, attitudes, values, beliefs, and disposition, a psychological profile called Interpersonal Skills Standards and anchors,” reads the letter sent to Corbett on Monday. “This data has been illegally obtained through deceptive means without the parents' knowledge or consent through screening, evaluations, testing, and surveys. These illegal methods of information gathering were actually fraudulently called ‘academic standards’ on the [Pennsylvania] Department of Education website portal.”

edit on 12/3/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
common core had to go! I have a daughter in early phase of education and it frustrates me what is going on under the school umbrella. Seriously considering home schooling.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wow, that really is quite disturbing and particularly;

information on every student’s personality, attitudes, values, beliefs, and disposition

Because those things never change as we grow older and learn life lessons.

Sounds more like a slavery or prisoner register if you ask me.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I am generally not a fan of this type of data collection, mostly because i do not trust tptb to use the data for the greater good.

but i can see how this data could help society. Any field of science needs data to progress. By having a near complete data set, you can really get to the root of social issues.

When an Adam Lanza type pops up, you have a complete file on him and see how his life progressed. Maybe even find what made him snap. Possibly be able to recognise those conditions in other kids lives in time to change their environments. The point is. You need data for good science.

I suppose you are worried about some prison planet type scenario. The truth is, if you have a phone, or use the internet, there is already a profile for you on some government server. And thats just what they openly admit too.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I for one will definitely sleep better knowing my kids have a Big Brother!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Look at all the jobs it can create and how much money can be made cleaning up the files!! Kind of like they do now but the files will be bigger and so will the money paid to pretty them up.

Than i think how bad the government handles the day to day paperwork so it would be easy to MISS someone.
edit on 3-12-2014 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't really get how they can be storing info on personality traits and beliefs when people change so much after leaving school. I see very little use in keeping any of it, so it's disturbing that they are doing so.

It doesn't surprise me, though, as it talks about everybody under 26. I know that a thousand and one changes seemed to have happened in the U.S. education system just a few years after me. Rules got stricter, testing changed completely from the state tests to the SAT, what amounts to uniforms popped up everywhere. On and on and on and on. I'm not really sure what, exactly, happened, but I guess it wasn't just in my little community.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Our educational system in like a sinking ship.

everyone knows the ship is sinking, but the best bureaucrats can do
is keep measuring the size of the hole in the hull

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i remember doing this when i was in school! Yep. I went to Holland Elementary.

For traits and characteristics, they'd better have said i was 'ripped and sweet'. lol oh eric cartman.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Wow, that really is quite disturbing and particularly;

information on every student’s personality, attitudes, values, beliefs, and disposition

Because those things never change as we grow older and learn life lessons.

Sounds more like a slavery or prisoner register if you ask me.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

At that age your beliefs and values mean almost nothing as you have no power to enforce them on anyone else. It does however provide an excellent window into the demographics of parents as children often mimic their parents values systems until they're old enough to be on their own.

new topics

top topics

join