It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police consider charges against Michael Brown's stepdad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
So because we have the possibility of further riots and lawlessness, we should not prosecute behavior which promotes lawlessness?

Giving this guy a pass is wrong.

Hip Hop promotes "lawless behavior"...

Should we start prosecuting every rapper?

My mind = Blown.
edit on 4-12-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Also...

I am pretty sure that it was the police officer that killed an UNARMED citizen that started the protesting and rioting.

But you guys feel we should charge a grieving father...

....and not the cop???

I would laugh if I wasn't so appalled.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hopefully sense will prevail for once and the authorities will see that whatever he said was born of grief and that the public interest would be best served by not charging him

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What exactly is a '-----' anyhow. Maybe he meant 'cigarette'....or is the media leaving something out here?

Kidding... Though I could see lawyers trying to use the Clinton "Aristotelian 'Is' Logic Defense.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, you must ask yourselves, 'What IS a (maternal compulator?) Is it you favorite football team being intercepted? A driver who doesn't know how to use a turn signal? A stubbed toe in the night?... This man may be guilty, but of what? A stubbed toe? Search your conscience. Does a man deserve to go to prison because of a stubbed toe? If so, then find him guilty. Find us ALL guilty! If this is what this great nation has become, then maybe we do all belong imprisoned!"

OK, ludicrous and unlikely, but I could actually see it happening in our sometimes-circus courtrooms.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Quoting myself from the OP:

I think riots would have happend regardless of the decision or whether or not someone souted encouragement. 

But, the fact that there was an angry crowd in place, the behavior has to be considered as encouraging lawlessness and should be properly dealt with.

Context is key.

I am not placing the entire weight of blame upon this man, but I do happen to think that he should not be free of any consequences whatsoever.

To be clear, this is as wrong and whomever is the responsible party for issuing the order, as well as every officer involved, also share in portions of responsibility for the entire fiasco:

These actions are equally abhorrent, but they do not release others from the consequences of their own subsequent wrong doing.
edit on 4-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What if there was a tape of Louis Head saying 'If I get up there, I am gonna start a riot.', just before getting up on that car?

al Jazeera

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That is pretty damning and demonstrated situational awareness and premeditated intent.

This mess gets worse and worse.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Agreed. And it is pretty clear from the video that he said it.

Not sure how the DA can let this pass now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join