It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender girl awarded $75,000 in lawsuit over school bathroom access

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's a REAL thing, Grovit ...

It's not just a silly phase people are going through.

never said it wasnt real. never said it was a phase.

im just having trouble understanding how biology is voided out due to how a person feels

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Gryphon66

you answered 1..
the you tossed out questions about my questions and reasons why my questions are not so simple when in fact they are.

its fine...

dont answer it...

i didnt figure i would get an answer.

would have been nice since i did the courtesy of answering yours.

same with windworld....i asked them directly 5 times....still no answer

Make plain your question(s) and I will answer any and all of them.

But I suspect you are merely arguing for an agenda, but we'll see. Ask your questions plainly and cleanly in a post to me and I will answer each one.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It's a REAL thing, Grovit ...

It's not just a silly phase people are going through.

never said it wasnt real. never said it was a phase.

im just having trouble understanding how biology is voided out due to how a person feels

And you've been told multiple times that it's not "just a feeling" and that biology is not being "voided out."

The evidence that you're not really interested in discussion is mounting.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The Strawman comes from "icky" being spewed out numerous times despite Grovit explaining more than once some girls may be uncomfortable themselves for the exact same personal safety reasons...

Thus obfuscating by wilfully hiding the intended meaning...

That's Strawman & obfuscation...

And you still ignore the African American identity question...
& my own question of identifying with the Messiah...

Nothing but deflections...

Boring and predictable...

No dishonesty pal...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_

Get over your transphobia and ignorance, quit hiding behind semantics, and just accept her for who she is.

there is no phobia and im tired of the accusations..
tired of having my questions answered.

i will and do accept her but...
i accept her for who she wants to be...

she is a boy that feels like a girl...thats my opinion.
and, i accept her
not that i have to. my opinion does not matter.

i love how all these super accepting people in this thread can call me names and thats fine...throw accusations and thats fine...

im the bad guy for asking questions and not understanding..

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't understand what it's like to be a transgendered person. I was born a female and I feel like a female. But, in everything I've read about transgendered individuals, THEY prefer to be called by the pronoun they identify with.

I am an ally of the LGBT community. I believe in marriage equality. I am respectful of people in the LGBT community. So, even though I don't understand it 100% (how could I?), I will accept that they prefer to be called by the gender they identify with. EVEN IF I DON'T FULLY GET IT! I will accept that a male-to-female transgendered person wishes to be called a girl/woman, and I will not stubbornly insist on calling them something else.

Grovit, if you support the LGBT community, as you say you do, you will read the links I've posted and treat them with respect. If you insist on treating them disrespectfully, I can only assume that you don't support them as much as you say you do.

Trans Etiquette for Non-Trans People

It's really simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

if i identify as african american, should i be eligible for programs that are only for african americans?
should i be able to fill out official forms and check the demographic box african american becuase thats what i identify with?

^^^^there are the questions.
nice how you will answer them maybe, on your terms....i answered yours.

no agenda here.

i just want to know how you and wind feel about the above questions....

pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I answered your questions above.

"African American" is a racial characteristic. There are measurable physical differences. But even so, what if my mom is Black and my dad is White? What if my great-grandfather was African American, and I'm as Scot-Irish looking as they come? What happens then?

It's not always as simplistic as we make it out to be.

You don't like the answers you're getting. You want to claim you're being ignored. You don't want to even try to find any answers on your own, or you wouldn't keep bleating the same basic misunderstandings as if they were viable points.

EDIT: So there, your amazingly valid point comparing race to gender identification explodes for the gasbag it is.

Next?
edit on 12Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:59:35 -060014p1220141266 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: windword

then what is the problem with using the boys bathrom?

Because of the OBVIOUS gender difference, biology be damned!

Interesting. Can you point out the biology involved here? Genetic or otherwise?

I'm not sure what you're asking here? Do you mean boobs and balls?

You are the one who brought up biology. What biology do you refer to? Genotype? Phenotype?

Plumbing type?

You worry about discomfort, but how uncomfortable will men be sharing their restroom with a voluptuous fem fatale, whipping out her piece? Wouldn't you men prefer she use the ladies room?

Okay. That doesn't answer the question. You said "biology be damned" in criticizing the other poster and I'm curious, what biology do you think was "damned?"

Plumbing biology!

So when you said "biology be dammed" where you implying that we should put him where his plumbing puts him or not put him where his plumbing puts him? Or were you implying that the poster was ignoring biology?

I'm saying that gender identity should dictate which restroom a person uses.

Would the people that you're defending be comfortable with the person whose picture I posted earlier, for example, a biological man, using their restroom with them? Or would they feel more comfortable if that person used the ladies room?

What is your solution?

edit on 3-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

i dont see how having nuts and a penis does not make you a boy apparently, but feeling like a girl makes you a girl.

just dont get it...

thanks for the links BH.

let me edit cause the above

Thats just it. They are born with a female brain, but in a male body (or vice-versa). The brain is an extremely complicated structure and all manner of things can go wrong. People are born with extra/missing limbs, born blind, deaf, all manner of deformities. Some people are born with more intelligence (current company excluded), it goes on and on. So, why is this condition so impossible for people to accept?

It is one of those conditions you can never truly understand unless it happens to you or someone close to you (if you have a concept of empathy).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Personally, I don't think gender identity and racial identity are comparable

Exactly as I predicted 3 pages ago...
Transgender bias...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No, its not, but it is so much more complicated, and these young people need more time to figure it out, there are a lot of regrets later in life for many after sexual reassignment surgery
www.sexchangeregret.com...

I was checking it out a few weeks back after hearing the high number of people wanting reversals, they don't seem to cover that issue though.

and I am not making a judgement, just researching

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

thats not an answer. that is avoiding an answer

the answer would be yes i should be able to get a scholarship through the united negro college fund, or no i shouldnt..
thats an answer.

its fine....

have to take off anyway.
planned on being at the range an hour ago and got wrapped up in this

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

No, its not, but it is so much more complicated, and these young people need more time to figure it out, there are a lot of regrets later in life for many after sexual reassignment surgery
www.sexchangeregret.com...

I was checking it out a few weeks back after hearing the high number of people wanting reversals, they don't seem to cover that issue though.

and I am not making a judgement, just researching

You might be surprised to find out that I am still doing a lot of research in the area myself. I just became friends with someone who is "genderqueer" (meaning that they discount the gender binaries completely) and that spurred my own interest.

Yes, sex reassignment therapy and surgery is a momentous step. This is why trans* folk go through years of counseling and hormone therapy before being legally (or medically ethically) allowed to take that step.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Honestly, I think that your racial question is a misfit to this issue and don't know how to answer it? What is the benefit of using a gender appropriate bathroom that compares with, say, affirmative action for minorities? Being able to inherit native American land?

I don't see it.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You are right, but for each person who went through the procedure and regrets it, how many are happy with their decision, and how many regret staying in the closet, mainly for fear of some of the ignorant reactions in this thread?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Honestly, I think that your racial question is a misfit to this issue and don't know how to answer it? What is the benefit of using a gender appropriate bathroom that compares with, say, affirmative action for minorities? Being able to inherit native American land?

I don't see it.

you answer how you feel.
should i be eligible for those programs or not

you all for a boy that identifies as a girl being able to live as a girl and be accepted as a girl cause she IS a girl
well, replace boy who feels girl with white who identifies with black.

i should be eligible or not....seems simple to me

does not matter....

its fine

thanks for the talk

im gone

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

thats not an answer. that is avoiding an answer

the answer would be yes i should be able to get a scholarship through the united negro college fund, or no i shouldnt..
thats an answer.

its fine....

have to take off anyway.
planned on being at the range an hour ago and got wrapped up in this

So, as I thought, you're not interested in having your "questions" answered, you're trying to make statements via appearing to "question."

The criteria for being awarded anything through the UNCF or anything else is up to those organizations.

The medical criteria for the different racial characteristics are not in question. Actually, aside from very superficial differences (skin pigment, hair texture, etc.) there is no scientific difference in the "races."

For the most part, it is matter of ethnic heritage. How many ancestors came from Europe and how many from Africa?

(Are you starting to see how STUPID racial differences are as well? Or is that too much for one day.) /eyeroll

You are merely trying to mix together two issues that are starkly different in their natures, and you're obviously not interested in processing any of the information that is being given to you.

edit on 13Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:12:37 -060014p0120141266 by Gryphon66 because: NOTED

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Personally, I don't think gender identity and racial identity are comparable

Exactly as I predicted 3 pages ago...
Transgender bias...

Does anyone stop Eminem or Justine Beiber from pretending to be a black man?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Do you need to include the adverb "poorly" there, Windword?

LOL... how silly this becomes when we dig down to the facts of the matter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join