It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender girl awarded $75,000 in lawsuit over school bathroom access

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Obfuscation and Strawman...

Everyone in this thread has ignored Grovit's questions because they know it will contradict their bias towards this boy...

How boring and predictable!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: windword

, invalidates their opinion and their self image,

oh, well since you put it like that

lets make the other girls feel uncomfortable then....

wouldnt want to harm a persons self image

How does the way one person perceives themselves invalidate how another person see themselves?

How would anyone using the restroom know that a woman walking in isn't a biological woman? Where's the discomfort? But if you make a woman walk into the men's room, because of biology, who won't know what's under that skirt?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: Grovit

then what is the problem with using the boys bathrom?

Because of the OBVIOUS gender difference, biology be damned!

Interesting. Can you point out the biology involved here? Genetic or otherwise?

I'm not sure what you're asking here? Do you mean boobs and balls?

You are the one who brought up biology. What biology do you refer to? Genotype? Phenotype?

Plumbing type?

You worry about discomfort, but how uncomfortable will men be sharing their restroom with a voluptuous fem fatale, whipping out her piece? Wouldn't you men prefer she use the ladies room?

Okay. That doesn't answer the question. You said "biology be damned" in criticizing the other poster and I'm curious, what biology do you think was "damned?"

Plumbing biology!

So when you said "biology be dammed" where you implying that we should put him where his plumbing puts him or not put him where his plumbing puts him? Or were you implying that the poster was ignoring biology?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Obfuscation and Strawman...

Everyone in this thread has ignored Grovit's questions because they know it will contradict their bias towards this boy...

How boring and predictable!!!

Read again.

Perhaps you would like to rephrase your comment to avoid appearing dishonest?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

then what is the problem with using the boys bathrom?

Because of the OBVIOUS gender difference, biology be damned!

Interesting. Can you point out the biology involved here? Genetic or otherwise?

I'm not sure what you're asking here? Do you mean boobs and balls?

You are the one who brought up biology. What biology do you refer to? Genotype? Phenotype?

Plumbing type?

You worry about discomfort, but how uncomfortable will men be sharing their restroom with a voluptuous fem fatale, whipping out her piece? Wouldn't you men prefer she use the ladies room?

Okay. That doesn't answer the question. You said "biology be damned" in criticizing the other poster and I'm curious, what biology do you think was "damned?"

Plumbing biology!

So when you said "biology be dammed" where you implying that we should put him where his plumbing puts him or not put him where his plumbing puts him? Or were you implying that the poster was ignoring biology?

Technically speaking, Doc, what is the medical classification of an individual who is intersex?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

And yet those people you dismiss as simply feeling "icky" can also articulate the same privacy and safety issues.

Are you telling me that men or women may feel unsafe, that a transgender person may rape them or beat them up in the restroom, if they are allowed to use the room that represents the gender they identify with?

What privacy is being violated when a person appearing as a man and uses a stall in the men's room? How would the other men know what's in that person's pants, and thus have to experience ickiness?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Okay, have you even done a smidgen of research on the topic of transgender issues?

"African American" is a racial characteristic. There are measurable physical differences.

yes. last night i did a smidgen..
i saw this thread in the wee hours and looked at a smidgen of research. that is as far as i got. it was late. i was tired.

there are measurable differences between boys and girls too.

she is a boy. she feels like a girl and wants to live as a girl and she should be able to.
she is not a girl though.

what it will be is, no need to respond anymore.

i will read more when i feel like it. my opinion might change. might not.
dont matter though.
my opinion does not have to change nor does my opinion on this issue matter...

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not a single person has answered Grovit's questions...

They've used obfuscation and Strawman to deflect from his question re Identifying as an African American...

So where is the dishonesty in my statement?

I won't be rephrasing anything...

I'll reiterate...

Obfuscation & Strawman!!!
edit on 3-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: windword

Because, apparently for some, seeing another man sit down to pee would be utterly traumatizing.

Good grief!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A BRIEF HISTORY OF TOILETS
www.localhistories.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

How would anyone using the restroom know that a woman walking in isn't a biological woman? Where's the discomfort? But if you make a woman walk into the men's room, because of biology, who won't know what's under that skirt?

how they know is not important...
what matter is that they know, not how they found out.

the discomfort is they may not want to share a bathroom with a person that does not have the same parts as them and they would not be wrong for feeling that way.

still didnt answer me.

gryphon didnt either.
got a speal about measurable differences and more questions about my questions...no answer though.

thats fine. i get it

i have answered every question asked of me....i dont get the same courtesy..
i suspect because they know the answer does not fit their view on the transgender issue

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ah, so it's to be dishonesty then.

I personally answered a couple of Grovit's questions.

Your use of the terms "obfuscation" and "strawman" are inaccurate.

If you're going to cite logical fallacy, call it out, and prove something different. Demonstrate how an argument is a strawman, eh? Show how someone is obfuscating information.

Yes, you are being dishonest if you claim we are not answering Grovit's questions; and yes, your terminological squawking is misplaced.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not a single person has answered Grovit's questions...

They've used obfuscation and Strawman to deflect from his question re Identifying as an African American...

So where is the dishonesty in my statement?

I won't be rephrasing anything...

I'll reiterate...

Obfuscation & Strawman!!!

thats right.
i have asked 5 times and no answer.
i have been accused of being a bigot though. i have been accused of being stupid though.
i have answered every question asked of me

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Because, apparently for some, seeing another man sit down to pee would be utterly traumatizing.

Good grief!

maybe.

apparently for a transgender person, it is traumatizing to sit down to pee in the boys room

good grief

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

you answered 1..
the you tossed out questions about my questions and reasons why my questions are not so simple when in fact they are.

its fine...

dont answer it...

i didnt figure i would get an answer.

would have been nice since i did the courtesy of answering yours.

same with windworld....i asked them directly 5 times....still no answer

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

apparently for a transgender person, it is traumatizing to sit down to pee in the boys room

That's a good point actually,

edit on 123131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

First of all, understand the difference between sex and gender.

Sex is a physical description. It is developmental. It ranges on a number of factors including hormonal levels. It's not as simple as you seem to think.

Gender is a psychological and sociological description. It involves how one perceives themselves in relation to others in their society. Gender is not just a "feeling" but is rather a deep-seated psychological and sociological indentification and there is considerable evidence that transgender folks are actually responding to physical differences in brain structure and chemistry, hormonal levels, etc.

It's a REAL thing, Grovit ... it's not just someone looking for attention. Check out, particularly, the effects of FTM (female to male) sex reassignment even non-surgical with the administration of Testosterone. Look at photos available.

It's not just a silly phase people are going through.

link   

Yes, you are being dishonest if you claim we are not answering Grovit's questions; and yes, your terminological squawking is misplaced.

i am claiming you are not answering my questions....

here they are again for a 6th time

if i identify as african american, should i be eligible for programs that are only for african americans?
should i be able to fill out official forms and check the demographic box african american becuase thats what i identify with?

link   

Okay, have you even done a smidgen of research on the topic of transgender issues?

"African American" is a racial characteristic. There are measurable physical differences.

yes. last night i did a smidgen..
i saw this thread in the wee hours and looked at a smidgen of research. that is as far as i got. it was late. i was tired.

there are measurable differences between boys and girls too.

she is a boy. she feels like a girl and wants to live as a girl and she should be able to.
she is not a girl though.

what it will be is, no need to respond anymore.

i will read more when i feel like it. my opinion might change. might not.
dont matter though.
my opinion does not have to change nor does my opinion on this issue matter...

So you know her mind do you? You live her life do you? I'm sorry to piss on your chips but the law, and medical professionals say otherwise. Get over your transphobia and ignorance, quit hiding behind semantics, and just accept her for who she is.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

no...these questions

if i identify as african american and have my entire life, should i be entitled to programs that are for african americans only?
if not, why?

if i identify with african american and have my entire life, does that mean you are a bigot if you do not call me african?

if i identify as african american and have my entire life, does that mean that for official purposes under the demographics section i can fill them out as african american?
if not, why

and gryphon, yes, i am new to this discussion

Personally, I don't think gender identity and racial identity are comparable, but you hypothetical situations reminds me of this!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join