It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender girl awarded $75,000 in lawsuit over school bathroom access

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
i really am trying to understand....at this point i just dont

All I can say is... think of how offended you are at the thought that someone would call you a bigot. You don't FEEL like a bigot. You don't identify as a bigot. You are offended that someone would call you a bigot (even though some of the things you say could be seen as bigoted).

She doesn't FEEL like a boy. She doesn't identify as a boy. She is offended that someone would call her a boy (even though she has a penis).

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i just wondering, should she be able to also use the girls locker room during gym class and sign up for girls sports?
without being segregated in a private area?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Girls don't have open stalls where their genitals hang out for all to compare. They do their business behind closed doors. For a "girl" to use a boys bathroom, that would present more discomfort and opportunities for abuse, on both sides, in my opinion.

Likewise, a "boy" in the girls bathroom would engender the same discomfort.

Whereas, if one uses the bathroom of the gender that one identifies with, I don't see how anyone would know, therefore be uncomfortable, unless there was a campaign to betray an individuals privacy making a big deal out of a biological plumbing hookup.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
im curious about the lingo
made her use?
or
allowed her to use?

Yes. He is still a he.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

All I can say is... think of how offended you are at the thought that someone would call you a bigot. You don't FEEL like a bigot. You don't identify as a bigot. You are offended that someone would call you a bigot (even though some of the things you say could be seen as bigoted).

She doesn't FEEL like a boy. She doesn't identify as a boy. She is offended that someone would call her a boy (even though she has a penis).

well, i was not offended..that was not the word...more aggrivated and more so because it came from you.
i dont feel like a bigot because i am not.

this girl feels like a girl, but she is not.
thats what i am having a hard time with.

she has a penis. she has testicles. she can not get pregnant. she can get females pregnant.
all that tells me she is in fact a boy.
but, she identifies as a girl so all those above facts dont matter?

i dont understand that

she should be able to live as a woman and identify as a woman...its what she feels comfortable with/happy with
really does not change the fact that she is not a woman though...

if she has the right(for lack of a better word) to be uncomfortable with using the boys room, then all the others gilrs have the same right to be uncomfortable with sharing the bathroom with her...
why do their feelings matter less?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: American-philosopher
We cannot keep catering to everybody.

What is "catering" about letting a girl use the girl's restroom?

But he is not a girl. That is the fact of the matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Likewise, a "boy" in the girls bathroom would engender the same discomfort.

Whereas, if one uses the bathroom of the gender that one identifies with, I don't see how anyone would know, therefore be uncomfortable, unless there was a campaign to betray an individuals privacy making a big deal out of a biological plumbing hookup.

well she is in fact a boy...

as far as the betray campaign, that is very possible.
kids are cruel....
in the end i dont think thats the issue.

there might be a girl in that school would be uncomfortable with sharing the bathroom with her...no matter how she found out..fact is she found out.
why should that girl(assuming she knows and has a problem with it) be forced to accept it?
i would like an answer to that.

i am also curious..
if this girl murders someone, will she go to a womans prison? mens prison?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp

i just wondering, should she be able to also use the girls locker room during gym class and sign up for girls sports?
without being segregated in a private area?

Oh my GOD! The more horrifying experience ever (!) is being an adolescent girl on her period having to shower in public! (I mean locker room community showers) Speaking from experience......

I may be an idealist, but I don't think anyone should be forced to shower or get dressed in public.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I meant it was like the south park episode because the school catered to cartman and gave him another bathroom to use and in the story I thought the student could also use a different bathroom. other then the boys or girls room.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

But he is not a girl. That is the fact of the matter.

thats a fact.
nobody is saying she should not be allowed to dress as a girl. act like a girl. feel like a girl.
still, she is not a girl.

your feelings do not really make it so.
i can feel asian all day...im not

i can feel african american....im not

she can feel female....she is not though.

i dont see how her feelings over ride biology..

females can not get females pregnant....she can get females pregnant.
females can get pregnant. she can not get pregnant.
females do not have testicles. she has testicles....

all that is supposed to be null and void cause she 'feel' female????

very confusing

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Would this hypothetical scenario of discomfort have anything to do with personal safety? Or, is it strictly based on the "Ick" factor?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

agrees. im a guy and it horrified me andi refused and took the zero every time.

its a good point though.

there is gym class and kids do dress out for gym and shower in front of each other...

what about the other girls in the class?
maybe they are not comfortable looking over and seeing a wang.
maybe they are not comfortable looking over and seeing a male shaped chest after the stuffed bra comes off.

should we blame them for that?

now, i get that she would be uncomfortable showering with the boys. totally understandable.
but, why should the others girls deal with the uncomfort cause of what she identifies with?

all valid questions

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Would this hypothetical scenario of discomfort have anything to do with personal safety? Or, is it strictly based on the "Ick" factor?

i don think that matters either.
i wouldnt be uncomfortable with it but im a guy.
im hoping when my daughter grows up that this is not something that would make her uncomfortable...for safety reasons or ick reasons...

uncomfort is uncomfort...

if she can identify as a girl and be comfortable as a girl then other girls should be able to be comfortable or not based on how they feel.
be it personal safety or ick.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was thinking this story was interesting because like it said it was setting a precedent here. what if we carry it a step further. What if a guy at the gym wants to go into the ladies locker room and leer and perve out on the ladies in there. So decides to dress up as a girl or simplify it and he just throws a wig and says I "identify" (since that's the key word everybody is using) as a girl. precedent says the gym has to let him into the ladies locker room right??

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

all valid questions

Indeed! Very tricky. However, when it comes to bathrooms, as a place to simply relieve oneself of bodily waste, and check hygiene, as long as there is are stalls with doors, I see no problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I was thinking this story was interesting because like it said it was setting a precedent here. what if we carry it a step further. What if a guy at the gym wants to go into the ladies locker room and leer and perve out on the ladies in there. So decides to dress up as a girl or simplify it and he just throws a wig and says I "identify" (since that's the key word everybody is using) as a girl. precedent says the gym has to let him into the ladies locker room right??

That's always going to be a problem anyway. And, anyway, if a group of ladies perceives a pervert in their restroom, "I pity the fool!" haha

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

i wouldnt agree with that.
it should be pretty clear the motives behind that....

i am not disputing this girl feels like a girl....my dispute is that she is in fact not a girl.

they did not allow her to use the girls room..well, maybe cause despite how she feels, she is not a girl.
she had the option to use the boys room. while i understand her reasons for not wanting to, she did have the option. since she chose not to, the school accomodated her.....so, seems to me like someone is trying to get paid.

what is i identify as african american? been identifying as african american my entire life?

should i be able to join the NAACP?
should i get scholarships through the united negro college fund?

its the same thing really.
i really really feel black....fact is, im not

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Nothing but Strawman arguments...

He's a dude...
That's a fact...

I've identified myself as the Messiah since I could talk...

It's how I feel, and you could never understand...
So I demand you treat me as a Messiah...

Now let's here that it's not the same thing and more Strawman arguments.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

There is stalls in the men's room as well...
Always has been...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Indeed! Very tricky. However, when it comes to bathrooms, as a place to simply relieve oneself of bodily waste, and check hygiene, as long as there is are stalls with doors, I see no problem.

fair enough?
then what is the problem with using the boys bathrom?
boys rooms do have stalls...she does not have to stand at a urinal and take a piss for all to see...
i mean, there are stalls with doors...so what gives

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join