It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Green Light” to War on Russia, H. Res. 758

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
While the cause of the Rouble decline can be contributed to the sanctions and oil price partially, it has been going too low to not know there`s also an attack going on by very big foreign speculators.

George Soros loves a sure bet...and the rouble going down has been about the safest bet in the world for many months. The Russian central bank can try to time him in the market with short interventions when he has to move but it's very hard to do...and he can diversify his position enough to not lose overall. Putin might want to reach for some Polonium tea bags but short of that there is little to do.

If Saudi Arabia has gotten the "order" to subdue the oil prices for some considerable time to hit Russia, I`m wondering who has picked up the bill, because SA also needs 100$ oil to balance its budget.

Oh the US didn't 'order' the Saudi's. They both sat down and talked about it. The Saudi's knew that they needed to squeeze high cost production out of the system eventually to get back into high value oil. The US wanted the Oil price to tank right now to put the boots to Russia a little faster and harder than the sanctions were doing. The price of Oil will bounce back a bit soon enough. Putin knows all this. He had his meeting with the Saudis recently. The Saudis have so much money the idea of a budget isn't really present. They only worry about when they can do something, not how much.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
another interesting article about the op

www.globalresearc... h.ca/america-is-on-a-hot-war-footing-house-legislation-paves-the-way-for-war-with-russia/5418035

We are not dealing with a “Cold War”. None of the safeguards of the Cold War era prevail.

The adoption of a major piece of legislation by the US House of Representatives on December 4th (H. Res. 758) would provide (pending a vote in the Senate) a de facto green light to the US president and commander in chief to initiate –without congressional approval– a process of military confrontation with Russia.

and the article goes on with timelines.

n May 2014, the Russian Aggression Prevention Act (RAPA) was introduced in the US Senate (S 2277), calling for the militarization of Eastern Europe and the Baltic States and the stationing of US and NATO troops on Russia’s doorstep:

S.2277 – Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014

Directs the President to: (1) implement a plan for increasing U.S. and NATO support for the armed forces of Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia, and other NATO member-states; and (2) direct the U.S. Permanent Representative to NATO to seek consideration for permanently basing NATO forces in such countries.

Directs the President to submit a plan to Congress for accelerating NATO and European missile defense efforts.

While The S 2277 resolution was sent to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for review, its essential premises are already in the process of being implemented. In mid-July, NATO’s Europe commander General Philip Breedlove in consultation with the Pentagon and Britain’s Ministry of Defence, called for:

“stockpiling a base in Poland with enough weapons, ammunition and other supplies to support a rapid deployment of thousands of troops against Russia”

as someone who grew up in 70s and 80s, i always figured the worst between us 2 countries was over. who with a sane mind seen the events unfold as they have the year and ever since the olympics. it is utter madness, and unless cool heads prevail, a little statesmenship and apologies start coming. then this thing just keeps slowly escalating a little more and a little more. there has not been one shred of diplomacy from my american leaders. instead secret tapes with them saying "F" this organization or "F" that country.
From the little i know of history, no country has ever conquered the world by force and even trying usually caused their demise or collapse. i see todays world no different in those regards as to the rest of history.

can we now began preparing the straight jackets and padded rooms for the psychos yet?
can we agree on this? or do some actually believe world domination is possible or that these people are of sound judgement?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
i feel this needs added to the discussion.
vineyardsaker.blogspot.ch... cancellation-of-south.html

The new 'South Stream' plan appears to be:
- build pipeline to Turkey under the Black Sea to avoid Ukraine
- build it right up to the Greek boarder with a pumping station right there
- Tease the EU with low price offers until they eventually hook up to the pipeline and get addicted

It appears to me that Turkey has completely lost any hope of joining the EU and is now acting completely independently. A move like this will surely end any Turkey joining the EU talk.

Ukraine will eventually realize they can't seriously run a country in their part of the World without Russian influence. That includes gas for heating their homes as reverse flows can only cover so much. They could use more coal if they could gain control of it again. It's a complex story.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

What in the holy hell are these maniacs doing!?! How freaking hypocritical and insane can they be?!?! I really hope everyone else on this forum will call their congressman and demand that this bill not pass and demand an explanation as to why the hell it was written in the first place, before we all die in a cold nuclear winter.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

not too mention i also read earlier today they had to shut down their largest nuclear plant as they dont have the gas for heat, the reactors are working double time and according to some it caused the largest reactor to act up, pop a fuse. i dont know the proper wording but that was the gist of it.
for all the people on here screaming how much russia is hurting, it seems the only real ones hurting are the ukranian and european citizens.

www.strategic-culture.org... iev-regime-a-disaster-awaiting-meltdown.html

the Kiev authorities did not report the shutdown until at least five days after it occurred. Such maverick incompetence is typical of this regime. After all, it took a bizarre unprecedented step this of appointing three foreign nationals, including an American citizen, to its ministerial cabinet. But why the apparent secrecy over the nuclear accident? What are they hiding?

Recall too that this is the country that inflicted the world’s worst nuclear accident when the reactor at Chernobyl exploded in April 1986. That disaster resulted in thousands of cancer deaths, radioactive contamination of large parts of Russia and Western Europe, and an estimated $18 billion in damage control.

The Zaporozhiya nuclear power station, which was forced to shut down on November 28, is located on the Dneiper River in southeast Ukraine. It is not only the biggest in the country, it is also the largest operating facility in Europe, with an output of 6,000 megawatts.

Kiev’s newly-appointed energy minister Volodymr Demchishin told a press conference on Wednesday this week, held five days after the Zaporozhiya outage, that the problem was «caused by a short-circuit in its power outlet system».

i hope they are being honest and sincere and the nuclear plant just needed some minor adjustments.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: found the info

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: letscit

I dont think Russia is hurting that much. Russia is just now building a large military base at Alakurtti. If you use Google Map you can see how big it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
another interesting article about the op

www.globalresearc... h.ca/america-is-on-a-hot-war-footing-house-legislation-paves-the-way-for-war-with-russia/5418035

That's nothing really. The US has already begun prepositioning heavy weapon systems in Poland.

www.washingtontimes.com...

100 Abrams are no joke, even for the numbers of tanks Russia has available. Any plan to attack that level of US armor would be seen long before it could happen. The plan is to have enough equipment and men to slow down Russia enough to be able to build up a real army in Germany if war starts. There is no real credible plan to defend the Baltics because it would cost too much to station the needed armor and troops there.

There are real reasons why Russia has not openly invaded Ukraine and linked up with Transneistria already. There are red lines to what they can do without direct military action against them by NATO.

Sometimes you do not choose war, it chooses you.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

What in the holy hell are these maniacs doing!?! How freaking hypocritical and insane can they be?!?! I really hope everyone else on this forum will call their congressman and demand that this bill not pass and demand an explanation as to why the hell it was written in the first place, before we all die in a cold nuclear winter.

Read the resolution as it doesn't say anything about green lighting a war with Russia, that is just the sensationalist headline that he OP thinks will get everyone to believe it.

The resolution condemns Russia for what it has done nothing more.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

And no matter which choice Russia would have made regarding the Ukraine, the economic attack on Russia would have happened anyway because a reason would still have been created.

This is exactly what Russian mindset does not understand........even their leaders do not understand. After USSR fell apart, Russians thought its all good and Americans are best of friends. Despite repeated hard slaps on the face, they do not learn the true intentions of the Americans and Westerns.

There is no respectable place for Russia World, Orthodox and Slavic type people in the western mindset.

1000% BS.

Facts: witness Bulgaria, Slovakia, Poland, and Ukraine. Orthodox or Slavic or both. All formerly Warsaw Pact and Communist (dominated by USSR), and now 100% friendly with West and joining back to be a normal part of Europe, or trying to.

West had plenty of place for them. If Russia made the same choices they did, the West would be OK with them as well.

Russia, Putin in particular, did not.

edit on 8-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How dare the US condemn Russia for it's invasion of Ukraine!

How dare they!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
How dare the US condemn Russia for it's invasion of Ukraine!

How dare they!

I agree. The US/UN are deep within the Ukrainian government right now. It has even been aproved that NATO diplomats are allowed to be a part of their government.

The US have invaded the Ukrainian government while Russia have troops on the ground. Since we have invaded the government we proclaim to have all the rights to condemn Russia for being involved.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I was being facetious. Thank you for the free giggles, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This is not funny at all. Right now Russia is having a massive drill just North of Norway. There are all type of missiles flying every few minutes.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

This is not funny at all. Right now Russia is having a massive drill just North of Norway. There are all type of missiles flying every few minutes.

Clearly Norway's Grey parrots of mass destruction were making aggressive squawks at poor mother Russia.
edit on 8-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And you still think the resolution is a bad idea?

Russia is getting ready to go full-scale war, and you want the US to just sit back and watch as eastern europe is steamrolled by warmachine?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And you still think the resolution is a bad idea?

Russia is getting ready to go full-scale war, and you want the US to just sit back and watch as eastern europe is steamrolled by warmachine?

It is because of the US stikking thier finger where it dosent belong. Russia is mounting up. So the US resolution can piss of and we woulndt have this problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The U.S. is sticking it's finger in business it doesn't belong in?

Hmm, that sounds exactly like what Putin is doing to Ukraine. Except with Active Duty troops in the country and the annexation of Crimea.

It's funny, Russia is making all manner of VERY aggresive military moves in Ukraine, the US responds with NO military action in Ukraine, only sanctions and these resolutions, and the U.S. is somehow the bully here?

Something doesn't add up.
edit on 8-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Then everyone's a loser and we all die.

Russia has the capability to blow half the world away, whilst the U.S has the capability of blowing the whole world away.

Neither side are the good guy, but Putin is an egotistical lunatic, who likes to play the 'Brinkmanship' game. He has made no secret of his intention to bring back the days of the USSR and actions of late has supported this.

All the 'actions of late' have been against Russia, not by them.

I really think some of you either live in a flag draped bubble or reckon the rest of us do...have you been following what the US (and our own Gov) has been doing around the world in the last 20 years?

And that bill has the absolute gaul to state "...a mutually beneficial relationship with the United States based on respect for the independence and sovereignty of all countries."

What a laugh.

The engineered coup in Ukraine had nothing to do with Russia and everything to do with the US and EU.

My guess is the almighty 'T' word has run out of steam and is no longer working as intended, even the latest sham ISIS, ISIL or whatever change of name the MSM is using this week isn't doing the do either, so, contrive the 'Ukraine situation', smear everything Russian and voilà'...as planned - the cold war part 2 will get the budgets burgeoning once again.

Watch how quickly this ISIS 'threat' and the 'T' word vanishes as soon as Cold war #2 is in full swing...don't blink though or you'll miss it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I keep hearing about this "engineered coup" in Ukraine. Can you provide proof of these claims?

If not, all you have is conjecture and hearsay.

And yes, if Russia becomes a REAL threat to the U.S., it's obvious that the whole "Terrorist" thing will pale in comparison. After all, what should Americans be more afraid of, a group of islamist extremists who will probably never step foot on US soil without getting perforated, or an aggressive nation with a Nuclear arsenal capable of turning the world into a cold, dark wasteland?

The answer is obvious. While obviously the Terror threat remains, it is overshadowed by the big red bear and rightfully so. Terrorists might be able to destroy ONE city, given they focus their entire efforts on eliminating that city. Russia has capability to wipe out the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I keep hearing about this "engineered coup" in Ukraine. Can you provide proof of these claims?

- Link 1

- Link 2

- Link 3

- Link 4

- Link 5

- Link 6

- Link 7

...and combine that with some sound logic and you have it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join