It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Green Light” to War on Russia, H. Res. 758

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What international law ?

The law of toppling regimes and placing Western puppet regimes ?

Russia already made it clear they are not going to sit idle by and comply to that law.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

What international law ?

The law of toppling regimes and placing Western puppet regimes ?

Russia already made it clear they are not going to sit idle by and comply to that law.

Correct. They are actively using America's crimes to excuse their own.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One very simple reply.
ENOUGH !!!!
I am so sick of the bad guys winning, can it be just once that peace, and truth prevail.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Don’t worry there won't be a war until they get a nutty Republican like Chris Christie in office or Ted Cruz

If one of those two or anyone like them get in…then watch out WWIII will be right around the corner.

You need a real aggressor to start a war and as bad as Obama is, he won't likely do anything to start a war with Russia.
You need a nut like a Christie or Cruz.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What do you think the purges in US military command were about, and Chuck Hagel ?

Or else just wait for Hillary.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

They weren't purges. Over 200 generals and colonels were fired under Bush and probably as many if not more during the Clinton cut backs.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frandawg143
One very simple reply.
ENOUGH !!!!
I am so sick of the bad guys winning, can it be just once that peace, and truth prevail.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps you decide who the "bad guys" are based on whether they win or lose? Who do you consider the good guys to be in World War II?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They weren't purges. Over 200 generals and colonels were fired under Bush and probably as many if not more during the Clinton cut backs.

If you want to get rid of certain commanders it`s easy to disguise them by using that excuse, so for me that doesn`t say anything as to not happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And sometimes a spade is just a spade, not a diamond.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You might miss a diamond one day if think it only can be spade.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I didn't say it couldn't be, but you have no idea how often people get to that rank and screw their career because they're so concerned about post retirement and getting a nice comfy position.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I understand that the construct is shaped by my illusions or delusions, as in a conscience projection of self. I should have phrased it as "No more War pigs have the power". I know good or evil is philosophical choice, lie once cheat twice. It's just can I, we as a species try to build rather than destroy.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
seems many on here are unaware of recent developments that will have a huge bearing on this thread content.

www.nytimes.com... 2014/12/06/us/ashton-carter-obamas-pentagon-choice-is-known-as-assertive-and-independent.html?_r=0

“I would not call him a hawk,” said William J. Perry, a defense secretary under President Bill Clinton and one of Mr. Carter’s mentors. “But he is pretty hard-nosed about what can be done with American power, and he is willing to use it when appropriate.”

www.salon... .com/2014/12/05/a_fan_of_blowing_things_up_why_new_defsec_nominee_ashton_carter_was_ready_to_restart_korean_war/

Part of the reason Republicans are so keen on him is that Carter, the words of the New York Times, “may advocate a stronger use of American power,” which is to say that he’s a fan of blowing things up. He’s especially fond of blowing things up in North Korea, and there’s already been quite a bit of discussion about a 2006 Washington Post Op-Ed he co-authored advocating that the U.S. “immediately make clear its intention to strike and destroy the North Korean Taepodong missile before it can be launched.”

I find this nomination, along with the resolution passed yesterday(the very same legislation that was passed before war with iraq), to be quite an interesting coincidence. That is if your young enough to still believe in coincidences. Im not.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In answer to "good guys" WW2. From what took away from what was reported, I would call Russia the "good guys" for defending themselves from invasion. They also lost the most souls.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You also don`t have any idea how many are forced/tricked and have no other option as to keep their mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes of course. Because every president fires a few hundred people to shut them up.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: letscit

Never bothered to look into the true status of forces have you? The US won't be fighting a major war any time soon.
edit on 12/6/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

so you dont feel the american leaders/bankers wont feel forced to go to war over a collapsing dollar.
or instead of collapse, how about just loosing a large foothold because of economic warfare. economic warfare is indeed going on right now. seen the price of oil lately? sanctions? nothing rings a bell?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Reply to OP

This is really stupid (in my opinion)

I hope they vote no on HR 758

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
going for the gold

america.aljazeera.com...

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan has said that “in extremis, paper money is accepted by nobody, and gold is always accepted.” The Russians believe the dollar has been weakened by debt and will soon find itself “in extremis,” a process that they are more than willing to help along.

On Nov. 5, Russian legislators introduced a bill to ban the circulation of U.S. dollars in Russia. Russian citizens with dollar accounts would have one year to exchange their dollars for rubles or other currencies (the government and security services excepted, of course). This is yet another attack on U.S. currency. More important, if Russia keeps stockpiling bullion, we could be in for a gold war that might last as long as the Cold War.

there is also china stockpiling gold, and with new russian gas deal. as turkey also has new deal for gas. turkey has also been unhappy with the central banks, could this be a move by russia and china to get turkey into the brics nations?

rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join