It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen Attack Kenya Quarry Near Somali Border, Kill Dozens Of Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Gunmen Attack Kenya Quarry Near Somali Border, Kill Dozens Of Workers

Somali al Shabaab Islamist militants killed 36 non-Muslim workers at a quarry in northeast Kenya on Tuesday - "The militia separated the Muslims, then ordered the non-Muslims to lie down where they shot them on the head at close range," Hassan Duba, an elder at a nearby village, said. A witness said at least two of the victims were beheaded.

"We are uncompromising in our beliefs, relentless in our pursuit, ruthless against the disbelievers and we will do whatever necessary to defend our Muslim brethren suffering from Kenya's aggression," spokesman Ali Mohamud Rage said

I’m not a ‘conspiracist’ at this moment.

Nor am I trying to make a political point and little less am I wanting stars or flags.

What I am is a woman who’s heart is broken for these men and their families. For the women who’s husbands will never hold them again. The sons and daughters who will forever wait for their fathers to come home, loved ones wondering what in the hell is this all about? Really? I mean REALLY?

So... What point am I trying to make? I’m not.

All I have is a little bit of hope in ATS’ers - that one of you - even just one of you will hang your head and say a prayer for these families.

And that at least one of you will not turn your head away.

If there are others of you who have something to say about these senseless killings? I ask you to educate me. Spoon feed me. Tell me WHY this must happen, or is happening, but if you do - also tell me how it can be stopped.

peace
edit on 2-12-2014 by silo13 because: vid fix

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They're extremists. People who think they'll find greater glory from wiping others out. I wish humanity would evolve to grow out of this but alas it continues to happen. I get freaked out from the extremist on the street yelling about religion, compared to these guys they're gentle.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I get freaked out from the extremist on the street yelling about religion, compared to these guys they're gentle.

Gentle?
I fail to see how 'yelling on the street' is even comparable to having been shot and/or beheaded.
Maybe I didn't understand your reply as you meant it.

peace

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Nor am I trying to make a political point

The main stream media does that. Using key words like…

"Gunmen", " Islamists", "beheadings"

…helps us to form bias who the enemy is.

The 'radical islamic jihadi extremists'? Those "gun" men and their favorite pastime, the "beheadings". Obviously the bad guys, right?

You wanted to be fed…
Link 1

Link 2

ETA: never ending cycle of payback and reprisal in a civil war promoted by, you guessed it…
edit on 2-12-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would have learned how to pretend to be a Muslim real quick in that situation.
Aloha snackbar!

new topics

top topics

join