It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA announces plans to send humans to Mars - LIVE NOW NASA TV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We're sending humans to Mars! Watch our #JourneytoMars briefing live today at 12pm ET: www.nasa.gov... #Orion

NASA announces plans to send humans to Mars - @NASA

awaiting article links this just off twitter

we all knew it was coming but hopefully this will provide a solid timetable.. pls pls in my lifetime .. i want that moon landing moment!

Lets go boys , stop fighting and start exploring !!

Nasa tv link ETA 12 noon

QS
edit on 2/12/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: added NASA tv link

edit on 2/12/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

id love to go...but by the time they can actually do this...I think its a couple decades away...but you are right...that moon landing moment kind of thing would be so cool...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I hope it gets fast-tracked! Not in the "cut corners and hurry up" kind of way, but the "let's actually give the budget and attention to making this happen" kind of way. I too want that 'moon moment'!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And I was not waiting for this one to come up from NASA?? (sarcasm)

The US response to the Mars One project from a European team?

This is going to be fun in the next couple of years to see another space race... but this time between friendly nations...??

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2/12/14 by Rodinus because: Question marks added

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
probably , its about time you lot started leading the world in space again , we should come together it disturbs me that their is a European one and now this, cant we just get along?

Q

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
solar electric array and propulsion ready 2018

optical communications rdy for testing 2018-2019 - first deep space test 2021-2022

everything rdy and demonstrated for 2030

i am 40 now... maybe my lifetime is doubtful
devastated ...

start spending that money on space instead of multi-million dollar missiles

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why would anyone want to go to Mars. It looks like a big desert. I hope for the sake of the astronauts that there is a Mars Bar up there that serves cheap drinks. It would be pretty boring staring at sand and rocks.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why would anyone want to go to Mars. It looks like a big desert. I hope for the sake of the astronauts that there is a Mars Bar up there that serves cheap drinks. It would be pretty boring staring at sand and rocks.

because it's their????

if we can get all that stuff together for mars climate it should keep us in good stead for further more complicated missions

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It looks pretty barren up there, but I wonder if the rover has picked up the possibility of fossil fuels being present?

it will certainly make for interesting times though.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There's a bar at Vernadsky research base in Antarctica. IIRC, they requisitioned material for a pier and used it to build a bar instead.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have the feed on, but haven't heard any mention of Mars. Can someone list the news...they're talking of SOS and Orion having a mission every year, an asteroid redirect mission, starting a yearly "cadence in 2020". Deep Space EVA, etc., for trips to Mars. Science and robotic missions planned too. Did they get a huge influx of money? The more the merrier, I wish they'd have a mission a month (or week) instead of one a year.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sweet!

I for one can't wait for people to simply deny that this is happening.

Also, I don't know whether or not to like this news because I don't know where Obama stands on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There's a bar at Vernadsky research base in Antarctica. IIRC, they requisitioned material for a pier and used it to build a bar instead.

Well you can't drink a pier.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Well they would have to go through the Van Allen belt, so a thread will be made about it...I guarantee it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It looks pretty barren up there, but I wonder if the rover has picked up the possibility of fossil fuels being present?

it will certainly make for interesting times though.

lol if this was the case our next vehicle to Mars will be a nodding donkey with a booster strapped to it

oh and we would probably go tomorrow

Q

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We have been needing some sort of amazing goal, and maybe acheivment for a while now. I really really hope this is for real, and not some marketing gimmic.This could excite an entire generation of youngsters, that have yet to have anything to work towards.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Sweet!

Also, I don't know whether or not to like this news because I don't know where Obama stands on it.

Obama will be long gone by the time this rolls around. Besides who cares what Obama thinks. This is about humanity, not a president

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is great news. In the last six years there has been a lot of attention placed on Mars. I mean the focus has been rather intense. Conspiratorily speaking, what is driving this huge push for Mars?

I can only think of two possibilities:

They've found something on Mars
or
Things are worse than we know and Earth is in its final days

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
We have been needing some sort of amazing goal, and maybe acheivment for a while now. I really really hope this is for real, and not some marketing gimmic.This could excite an entire generation of youngsters, that have yet to have anything to work towards.

star for you .. I Too wish to rep;ace my generational memory.. what we got? 9/11? that's our defining moment in history for my generation .. and i want better!

Q

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I can only think of two possibilities:

Or a third...We are looking to the planets to help us understand whether or not Mars was a livable planet at one time.

Or a fourth...we as humans are naturally looking for answers to questions we don't know the answer too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join