It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology: Venus represents pleasure not love, Neptune (her higher octave) represents love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Venus represents physical pleasure such as beauty, art, luxury, sensuality, attachment, and attraction. Venus is associated with the inverted pentagram (which also represents the Venus transit); Friday; the color pink; and the number which matches Venus the closest in numerology is 6 - beauty, harmony.

Neptune is associated with compassion, sensitivity, fantasy, and sacrifice. Associated with the trident; the color lavender; the closest number in numerology to match Neptune is 9 - humanitarianism, self-sacrifice.

"Neptune is the higher octave of Venus. The latter is the planet of personal love, for Venus offers her heart but demands a heart in return... This cannot happen to the true Neptunian, for he does not love from a personal standpoint but from a self-sacrificing one. The Neptunian loves for the sake of shedding Light and demands no external rewards for the humanitarian services he performs. Neptune's joy is in giving, while Venus takes pleasure in sharing" - The Classical Guide to Modern Astrology by Alan Oken 2006; page 223-224

"Neptune, divine compassion, is the higher octave of personal love, Venus. Where Venus says, “I’ll love you if you love me.” Neptune says, “I love you because it’s my nature to love. You are worthy of love because you exist.” Neptune’s vibration is neither of matter nor of this Earth. It rules all that is subtle, mysterious, ill-defined and not material:" - Myastrologybook.com

It seems like people think Venus is love when really it is self-seeking love (wanting pleasure, beauty, etc.) while Neptune is selfless love. I just wanted to make that distinction

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It takes Neptune 165 years to complete its whirl around the zodiac, spending roughly 14 years at each sign. It is feminine energy and rules Pisces and the Twelfth House. Neptune is known as the higher octave of Venus and is the second of the transcendental planets.

www.astrology.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes. Neptune is associated with Pisces (the fish) and the water element. Venus is associated with libra (the scales) and the air element. Both are feminine (as far as I know).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Neptune is... the planet of oneness.
Neptune says, i love you, but there is no you, diversity is an illusion.
It rules Pisces and the 12th house.
So, you are looking for neptune.
Thoughts like:

We are all one;
In the theater of life, there is a lot of characters, but only one actor;
People are not to blame for what they do (they are playing their character), so forgive and love;
Rules and penalties exist only to maintain order, not to punish because no one deserves to be punished (so forgive and love);
To love unconditionally, is the nature of the true self (the nature of the actor, not the nature of the persona)

This kind of thoughts will put you near Neptune, which is not of this world because this is the world of the persona, the world of illusion and separation and Neptune knows the true nature of reallity.

By the way: the symbol of the wave function in quantum mechanics is very similar to the Neptune glyph in astrology... its the symbol i adopt by the way.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes. Neptune is associated with Pisces (the fish) and the water element. Venus is associated with libra (the scales) and the air element. Both are feminine (as far as I know).

I have always wondered about astrological predictions and the forces of the heavenly bodies on all things.

Neptune is in Pisces for 14 years and I am Pisces:

Neptune is in the sign it rules, Pisces, from April 4 to August 4th, 2011 AND Feb 3, 2012 to Jan 27, 2026. The archetype of Neptune, as one of unveiling, merging, mesmerizing, heightens the sense of life as a dream. It initiates a fluid time, of understanding our role to play as souls, and slipping out of limiting masks and beliefs, in favor of more inclusive ones.

We search for higher love, that's right for the soul's purpose. It can be a time of updating soul contracts of all kinds.

astrology.about.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I too am Pisces and love Neptune.
We all have to watch out for Neptunes darker side which is depression
and addiction. Staggering insights and no motivation are what depression excels at.
edit on 2-12-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
I too am Pisces and love Neptune.
We all have to watch out for Neptunes darker side which is depression
and addiction. Staggering insights and no motivation are what depression is best at.

In Astrology, it is very important to know when the planets are in retrograde, and also when they stop and start to move forwards again (called the Stationary Direct) because it is believed that this motion can reverse and enhance the effect of the planet. For Astronomy, retrograde motions have no importance since they are simply the result of the motions of the planets relative to earth.

It appears that any planet in retrograde does not have a 'darker side'.

www.theplanetstoday.com...

This topic gets me wondering where the planets are now.

www.theplanetstoday.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In the case of Robin Williams,
"To complicate matters even more, his Mars was also squared by Neptune, the planet of transcendence and addiction, offering a solution."

astrodynamics.net...

and in general;

"It is important that you avoid drugs, chemicals and stimulants while Neptune is retrograde. Protect yourself by refraining from associating with addictive personalities, psychic attractions, and overwhelming people who drain your energies. Wearing black tourmaline can funnel off negative energy and psychic attack. If you feel a little paranoid during the retrograde period, it may be that you are picking up too much from your external environment. As an asset, this period is excellent for using and cultivating your psychic perceptions. I am not aware of the augmentation during the retrograde period but I am aware that my abilities seem to diminish when Neptune turns direct."
www.lynnkoiner.com...

edit on 2-12-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: links

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Manula

Neptune is... the planet of oneness.
Neptune says, i love you, but there is no you, diversity is an illusion.

They say that once those barriers are melted by Neptune's persuasiveness (love), that we'll see that the 'personal self' is an illusion and that even when we suffer because we chose to help another out of love, all will be well, because we'll see the bigger picture pass the illusion of personal self.

"Neptune says, "I will love you for it is the nature of Love to love." Neptune is the Universal Solvent that melts all barriers with its persuasiveness. It is a feminine vibration of great exquisiteness. Neptune rules Pisces, the sign of understanding, and the last sign of the zodiac. Divine love is the final attainment, where sacrifice is joy, and suffering is lost; there is no personal self left to suffer." - The Classic Work on Spiritual Astrology by Isabel M. Hickey 2011, page 51

That reminds me of these sayings of Jesus:

"Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it." - Luke 17:33

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

The symbol for the wave-function in quantum physics is the Greek Letter "psi"

Ψ

It's also the symbol used in the Greek word ψυχή (psyche) meaning "Spirit, Life, Consciousness"

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Following the thread premise arpgme then one energy is based on shining/shedding a LOVE LIGHT consciousness energy upon others somewhat unconditionally w/o demand or even recognition of appreciation...

Why the other energy request/requires a input/transmission of LOVE energy as a form of verification and confirmation that those who are interested in receiving its LOVE LIGHT are truly interested, otherwise those interested would not produce the required input energy which essentially shows interest in receiving a response.

Interesting Neptunian-Venusian observation arpgme-1 FORM GIVES FREELY, WHY THE OTHER GIVES BUT DOES REQUEST TO BE GIVEN TO AS WELL...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Astrology? Seriously? Oh, humanity is doomed.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Astrology? Seriously? Oh, humanity is doomed.

Astrology is an interesting study of ancient beliefs, culture, and wonder all residing in the constellations of the zodiac. Revisiting and discussing those beliefs does not mean that we all follow astrology to lead our lives, but it can be fun and interesting to investigate.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

the other energy request/requires a input/transmission of LOVE energy as a form of verification and confirmation that those who are interested in receiving its LOVE LIGHT are truly interested

So, Venus gives LOVE and requires LOVE back to see if those individuals even care for LOVE in the first place. It makes sense. Thank you for your response, it helps me to think in different ways.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

the other energy request/requires a input/transmission of LOVE energy as a form of verification and confirmation that those who are interested in receiving its LOVE LIGHT are truly interested

So, Venus gives LOVE and requires LOVE back to see if those individuals even care for LOVE in the first place. It makes sense. Thank you for your response, it helps me to think in different ways.

Then again selfless love is given to children and to the infirm.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You are welcome arpgme... In essence the LOVE of VENUS by requesting LOVE back allows the opportunity for confirmation that LOVE is the energy recognized or wanted.

For some CREATOR Creation Energies or groups may not seek to be loved at all and so the response of LOVE back from VENUS perspective giving LOVE and wanting LOVE returned allows the verification that LOVE is in fact a recognized and accepted energy within some CREATOR Creation Energies or groups.

The Neptunian approach basically provides LOVE in a wave or pulsating spherical like form somewhat, in which the LOVE energy is emitted-approaches then shines LOVE upon ALL* it reaches and the Neptunian energy can accept before emitting the wave of energy that some of the LOVE energy may not be accepted or recognized by some CREATOR Creation Energies or groups due to those CREATOR Creation Energies not wanting to be LOVED or because those CREATOR Creation Energies have not been exposed to LOVE and cannot recognize it even if they too are in dire need of LOVE energy...

So to 1 both forms of LOVE ENERGY are logical and valid.
Perhaps like NEPTUNE's far out solar orbit that encompasses many Planets & Moons celestial energies within its orbital path Neptunian LOVE reaches out to many.
VENUS's solar orbit is limited, so maybe this is why its LOVE ENERGY requires acknowledgment & response as opposed to the Neptunian free waves because the VENUS LOVE ENERGY has to remain conservative of its output transmission energies it connects with others in order to keep its energy sustained so that it can be abundantly distributed when needed...

originally posted by: InTheLight

Then again selfless love is given to children and to the infirm.

Fortunately, as they DO require some of the most attention and LOVE ENERGY to develop & survive InTheLight

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think that you are providing a one-sided view of Neptune and equating it to true love when in fact it is a transpersonal planet and we cannot truly experience its essense . We can however be subject to its urges which makes us look at broader perspectives.

Remember that love is meant to attract and unite. Neptune does the exact opposite. It dissipates and "evaporates" everything.

Neptune is also a planet of sacrifice. The sacrifice can be costly (i.e hospitalisation and imprisonment - both represented by the twelth house). Above all , it is a planet of redemption (and that includes payback)

On the more mundane level , I look at Neptune and Pisces when looking for deception , theft and loss in a person's chart. Similarly drug addiction and depression are of Neptune.

As someone else said in this thread, you do need to bring love down to a working level such in direct relationships and interacting with the environment. That is the role of Venus. Venus represents Desire but most of all it is associated with the concept of satisfaction. It represents that point where you feel you have what you wanted. Venus represents a person's value system.

A better understanding of Venus would come from seeing her as a lower vibration of Jupiter (and Jupiter a lower vibration of Uranus) rather than seeing Venus as a lower level of Neptune. Qabbalists would understand what I mean.

edit on 26-4-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

top topics

join