It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kingdom of God, the Word & the Tree of Life -- Kabbalah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I study the ancient Kabbalah, magick systems, and other belief systems that are similar as oriental meditation etc, but the problem is that if you believe the letters have all of the power, one must reconcile why Shin has not always looked like it does now and also that all of the letters changed, so if it was really true that meditating on them, or uttering them has an effect, which we also know that over time dialects change, intonations etc, all languages change to greater and lesser degrees.

What real explanation could account for such great representations and utterances still having the same effect and being as powerful if they look nothing like so called ancient or older lettering?

This was the only thing that got me really thinking about it's teachings and also the many different stories of the inspiration for the Zohar and how Aramaic and other languages are found that make one wonder what the true origins were, if you think about Magic and John Dee, you have to wonder if Enochian lettering may have been more effective than the many iterations and variations of Hebrew letters that bear no resemblance to ancient lettering...

If he truly received these letters in a trance induced state and used them for Magick would you consider his methods to be more powerful than the watered down Kaballah that we now have today, which many say came from Babylon and also had Egyptian Influences, long before it was used by those studying Jewish Mysticism or before a purely Jewish religion even existed.

What do you think about this ? and to the OP especially if you do take the study of Kabbalah seriously ?

Or do you just use it as basic spiritual exercise and meditation , not looking for any magical or mystical outcomes such as divination and fortune telling.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I've seen what is in that drawing before . I was fishing on the breakwall in Marquette MI. with a half a dozen apple fritters and was using them for bait for the whitefish. They gobbled up everything I was throwing to them. When I put a piece on a hook and dangled it below a bobber, the whitefish made a pattern just like that around my hook. I could hear them in my mind. "look johny, that fritter has a hook and string, don't eat that kind. Hey, here comes Ralph, everyone move closer and let him in our training circle."

It looked just like your picture, I even showed a girl who was out walking. She ate a fritter too.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
What do you think about this ? and to the OP especially if you do take the study of Kabbalah seriously ?

Or do you just use it as basic spiritual exercise and meditation , not looking for any magical or mystical outcomes such as divination and fortune telling.

First off. Magic is Language. The Logos is Magic. Without Language no Magic, and without Magic, no Logos. This is a Mystery. Secondly, I don't see any reason for hissing.

Why do you focus on the letter Shin? Judging from what I wrote and displayed in the OP ש or Shin is one of the three 'mothers' the two others are א Alef and מ Mem, which reads out SAM, and adding the double sound of ש we get more magic: Shasam!
The splitting of Shin into an additional Sin is the result of the niqqud system that was introduced long after Babylon even. Samek is the letter for the simple /S/ phoneme in Hebrew.

Now, the so called Hebrew script/letters I have used in the OP, aren't really Hebrew at all, they're Aramaic. Yes, the modern Hebrew alefbet is based on the post Babylonian Aramaic alefbet which was handed down via remnants of the Northern Kingdom from the Chaldeans if I'm not mistaken. The original Hebrew was an alefbet similar to the Norse runes visually. While the Norse runes were designed to be cut in wood with a knife the writing direction wasn't important-- while the old Hebrew alefbet was designed to be chiseled in stone strictly from right to left, holding the chisel in their left hand hammering with their right. I'm not really in it for the magic. I just learned the Hebrew alefbet and the Norse runes from that Tree....

edit on 2-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I am not hissing, no forked tongue here, I just asked your thoughta and brought my own thoughts as well, but hey, it is about the logos, actually if you think about it, no pun, the tree itself is an excellent memory tool, if anything, you memorize it, just as in ancient foundations, each sephora is nested with multiple meanings, you could use it for a type of extended memory.

Which if I am not mistaken, most modern memorization techniques use this same methodology....what do you think ?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

First off. Magic is Language.

Oh! I disagree. Magic is pure intention in action, not words. Words, rituals, spells, incantations, prayers, etc. are training wheels.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

I am not hissing, no forked tongue here, I just asked your thoughta and brought my own thoughts as well, but hey, it is about the logos, actually if you think about it, no pun, the tree itself is an excellent memory tool, if anything, you memorize it, just as in ancient foundations, each sephora is nested with multiple meanings, you could use it for a type of extended memory.

Which if I am not mistaken, most modern memorization techniques use this same methodology....what do you think ?

I didn't really mean you were hissing, there were just so much talk about one out of 22 letters represented in the Tree. Now, like I said in my last post, the three mothers are SAM. Now, moving the Shin to the other side of the word, we get אמש or AMS or Strong's H570 "hemesh" which means time passed, and could be used to say 'yesterday'.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

ETA: And aye to memorisation. This Tree will teach you the basics of Hebrew and math.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: eta

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think you're refering to Crowlean Majick. That kind of magic is intended for social and affective manipulation mostly, making things happen through some mechanics I would have to raise hell to explain fully. My point is, that we could not really learn these mechanics without language in one form or another. Language is the Logos. Try getting an army unit make sensible progress without the commands, signs and sounds, plans, maps and communication, verbally or not-- involved. Language is a generative complex of literally an infinite possible combinations making like you say things happen. If I say MOVE! to someone with authority, this is the most crystalline form of magic, all other magic is subordinate the Logos. It's the bloody Light for the love of Dog, THE most powerful remedy.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well, yes and no. I know what your talking about. I understand how the Tree of life is a vehicle, a time travel time machine of the soul, so to speak, in all respects.

But, no. I'm talking about the magic of intention; of abstract visualization and putting intention in motion to create a desired effect. Like love can be felt from a distance and can "move" things without words, for example.

Music, for example is a magical use of "words" that can move the spirit and move matter, making one's feet dance, but was first heard in ones "head". It is related through the mastery of instruments, found in the tree of life.

I am making sense?

edit on 2-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nice post.
You forgot the sephiroth of Da'at, tho.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Unless you already knew it, dance and music are forms of communication and language that existed long before articulated and written language. To continue the MOVE! example, here the imperative makes the other person move, which is magic working instead of merely physically forcing the person aside, which is also magic in a way, and definitively language. I believe you are mistaking language with written language. You can say the words and know what they mean without ever learning a single letter of the alphabet. That's also magic btw. All is magic in motion, and any kind of manipulation of events is magic.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Like I said in an earlier post, the Tree in the OP is not pregnant. I also "forgot" the Serpent's Tail.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yes, I know. Music is language. Love, which is a force like intention is, is not a language.

Language is a vehicle of force, for lack of better term. It's the force that is the potent, not the word, or the language. Those things are tools.

edit on 2-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

Way cool, man! Have you ever written down all the letters hidden in the lyrics of the song and read what the letters say put together?

How to Play Dreidle

Hidden Meanings

Love the links, but I'm exhausted after a long day, so I'll have to read up tomorrow. Sort of makes me think of the Cubus Christi or the New Jerusalem. The dreidel is shaped like a cube, and but when you spin it, it turns into a column.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I made a rhombic-dodecabedron with a Zome Tool.... connected up all the vertices and voila!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I have 1 question, has Kabbalah given you Enlightenment in the X amount of time you've been practicing?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

Depends what you mean. I have learned a few things, and it has given me a few epiphanies if that's what you mean. But enlightenment as in something life changing awe striking "I se the light!" -- no.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Personal thoughts on the subject :

Religious consequences of Israel Jewish state proposal

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I fail to see any obvious relevance with the things discussed in this thread and whatever you might mean about the Middle East conflict and its relationship with this prophet of yours. Kabbalah is a mystery and a system of wisdom and compressed knowledge. It has nothing to do with an Israeli state as such. The Kabbalah would produce far too many kings for starters, the royalty symbology is just that, symbolic, it's sort of a step ladder where every step reveals new insights and revelations. It's not about war and politics at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

At first sight, indeed, sorry.
It was related to Murgatroid original reply.
I failed to indicate.

The problem is that while you look at the books, I look at the world ...

edit on 3-12-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: dominicus

Depends what you mean. I have learned a few things, and it has given me a few epiphanies if that's what you mean. But enlightenment as in something life changing awe striking "I se the light!" -- no.

Do you want enlightenment? Because that's a goal in Kabbalah? I have yet to meet any Kabbalahists that are in it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join